Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They have yet to beat a good, healthy team this year, and lost at home to that same Ottawa team you claim they are at least as good as. That's a fact.
    To me they look like they're doing what we did last year. Coming together for the stretch run. Tonight's game and the 2 with Ottawa will be big.
    We didn't beat a lot of top teams last year, but turned it on down the stretch and won close games.
    I just wish we were still in the hunt to make tonight more meaningful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    To me they look like they're doing what we did last year. Coming together for the stretch run. Tonight's game and the 2 with Ottawa will be big.
    We didn't beat a lot of top teams last year, but turned it on down the stretch and won close games.
    I just wish we were still in the hunt to make tonight more meaningful.
    Actually, we beat every team in the regular season except for Calgary last year. I don't think they are turning anything on right now. They've lost 2 of their last 3, so there is no evidence of that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    3 - 12

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    3 - 12
    Your contributions are 0-15.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    What a difference having a QB who can throw accurate passes to receivers downfield.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Too many men penalty wipes out nice Franklin to Green reception.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Three sacks by the second lowest team in sacks in a half. Another sign, if any is needed, that the Argos need to improve the offensive line in the off-season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    By no means am I a fan of these gimmicky live mic games....but good on Trestman for keeping his composure on that crap PI call on that cry baby prima donna Banks. Makes he nauseous to hear Masoli being named as possible East MOP...I don't want to lose to these clowns.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Franklin showed he has a good arm and can run tonight, but we knew that before. What he needs is more experience, which he could have been earlier, once it was clear BMT is not likely to ever develop into an accurate deep passer at age 30.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Your contributions are 0-15.
    Thanks for the gratuitous juvenile insult. Feeling better now ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Franklin played okay in the first half, but boy was he bad in the 3rd quarter; 4th quarter garbage time means little to me. Our offense has a lot of issues, but our D is a whole lot of embarrassment. Masoli was finding huge soft spots all night. Archer needs to be shown the door, and whomever the GM in the off season is needs to find players that have a clue and can tackle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    Another night of crying myself to sleep.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Franklin played okay in the first half, but boy was he bad in the 3rd quarter; 4th quarter garbage time means little to me. Our offense has a lot of issues, but our D is a whole lot of embarrassment. Masoli was finding huge soft spots all night. Archer needs to be shown the door, and whomever the GM in the off season is needs to find players that have a clue and can tackle.
    Argos have been reading the same script all season.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Franklin continues to show a lot of upside IMO, he started out very strong and faded as the game continued.
    I think patience in letting him play through some rough spots will pay off long term for the Argos.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Some rambling thoughts------Basically Hamilton is better than the Argos almost man to man. Masoli used his mobility to provide the time for his receivers to get in the clear. Yell had trouble covering his receiver all night. Franklin had a so-so game. One time he tried to force a pass to Green and Carter was streaking down the field behind coverage. Carter was waving for the ball but Franklin had locked into Green.

On two occasions, the coaches were late sending an offensive player in. Once it resulted in the QB calling a time out and another a too many men penalty. One could also question the offensive play calling. Too many times when 10 yards were needed for a first down, the pass was for 5 yards.

To be competitive, the team needs upgrades at DE's, at DB's, at OL and with some of the coaching areas

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Some positive moments but this game went like too many in 2018...I gotta say though, SJ Green is a fantastic receiver!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    That was awful.... how can opposing receivers be so open so often? No pass rush.... no pass protection.... just brutal.

Duron Carter? In my opinion... cut him now. One of the only times I saw him run with any effort was when the final whistle went and he sprinted off the field... first one in the showers... he should be the first one shown the door.

I feel bad for Franklin... this will not go down as a good gauge of his ability, but not much support. One bright spot was SJ Green. What a pro.

I was looking forward to seeing the final home game against Montreal just to see Johnny Manziel, but I am now glad I have to miss it because of other commitments.... don't think I could sit through another stinker like tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    That was awful.... how can opposing receivers be so open so often? No pass rush.... no pass protection.... just brutal.

Duron Carter? In my opinion... cut him now. One of the only times I saw him run with any effort was when the final whistle went and he sprinted off the field... first one in the showers... he should be the first one shown the door.

I feel bad for Franklin... this will not go down as a good gauge of his ability, but not much support. One bright spot was SJ Green. What a pro.

I was looking forward to seeing the final home game against Montreal just to see Johnny Manziel, but I am now glad I have to miss it because of other commitments.... don't think I could sit through another stinker like tonight.
    SJ Green is a true pro who always gives his all no matter what the circumstances are.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Franklin showed he has a good arm and can run tonight, but we knew that before. What he needs is more experience, which he could have been earlier, once it was clear BMT is not likely to ever develop into an accurate deep passer at age 30.
    Some more receiving talent would help his development as well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Some rambling thoughts------Basically Hamilton is better than the Argos almost man to man. Masoli used his mobility to provide the time for his receivers to get in the clear. Yell had trouble covering his receiver all night. Franklin had a so-so game. One time he tried to force a pass to Green and Carter was streaking down the field behind coverage. Carter was waving for the ball but Franklin had locked into Green.

On two occasions, the coaches were late sending an offensive player in. Once it resulted in the QB calling a time out and another a too many men penalty. One could also question the offensive play calling. Too many times when 10 yards were needed for a first down, the pass was for 5 yards.

To be competitive, the team needs upgrades at DE's, at DB's, at OL and with some of the coaching areas
    I agree with pretty well all of this. I also saw Burks wide open up the left sideline once, on a play where JF seemed to lock in immediately on the short middle route. He rotated between deciding too quickly on the target, and not deciding quickly enough -- most of the sacks we allowed were on the QB, IMO. That said, I still believe JF has potential to develop into an excellent QB but he will need to be coached well, and it's debatable how much coaching any of the players are getting this season. (Himebauch does seems to coach the crap out of the o-linemen on the sidelines during games, tho.)

Everyone's favourite punching bag Arash Madani tweeted last night that either Popp or Trestman won't be back and there is a lot of friction between Argo management (presumably one or both of those guys) and MLSE (presumably Manning). If it comes down to a power struggle, clearly Manning will win. I suspect a rift has developed between coach and GM -- it's the only logical explanation for the whole Carter situation. It's too bad the Argos have fallen so far in the local sporting pantheon that there are no serious reporters working the beat who could delve into this. The only good reporters around the team regularly (Naylor and Ralph) have league-wide coverage responsibilities and can't spend all of their time covering the inner workings of the Argos.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7