Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Interestingly enough Matt Dunigan agrees with Angelo about Trestman and young QB's. As I said when it was rumoured that Trestman was going to be hired: Trestman has never developed a young QB. And it appears he's still set to continue that trend. I like Trestman as a person, but considering I never wanted him here in the first place; I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

I still wonder how the new football ops will work - does a fired coach's/GM's salary count against it ? Or if they're fired prior to January 1st would it carry over ?

Popp is a whole other issue, but when is the last time he had a good draft ? 2006 ?
    Admittedly, Montreal's secondary and defence as a whole was usually pretty good for a lot of the Popp years. Even at the end when things went downhill the D was pretty good under Thorpe, but holy hell is our defence terrible this year. Crap DL, invisible linebacking corps, and the secondary looks like they were coached by Greg Quick. In saying that, I'm not sure who could take over for Popp ? McEvoy, Murphy, O'Day, Rigmaiden, Allemang, Burke, Austin, Snyder, Gorrell or Rosetti ? I suppose Sunderland may end up being available.

Kind of funny to think that Edmonton may end up losing Reilly to BC in the off season, and already traded away Franklin. Although, it still wouldn't shock me to see Franklin traded away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Hard to imagine after last year's Grey Cup we would talking about getting rid of Trestman, Popp and half the Coaching staff a year later.
    Almost like back in 1972. Leo was riding high after all the new talent he brought in for the 71 season and then it all fell apart in 72.
    IMO MLSE should have a Football guy as President of the Argos for starters, not a Soccer guy. Let Manning run TFC which maybe he knows something about.
    I guess it will go one of two ways. Trestman is fired or just quits, or he stays and they try to reload.
    I have always thought the OLine Coach Himbach would make a great HC, so he would be my choice if Trestman leaves.
    However if Trestman stays, can they make a big play for either Mitchell or Reilly who are both FA's this off season. MLSE has the money but there's that little thing about a salary cap.
    1992 also comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Is there any room for Jordan Younger back in Toronto? He seems to have done a good job with the DBs in Winnipeg.
    Winnipeg's defence has been up and down at best this season. Check out MorningBigBlue or forums.bluebombers.com, and you'll see that fans there would have no issue losing Younger. I get that he is a former Argo, but I think that clouds a lot of fans minds.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Winnipeg's defence has been up and down at best this season. Check out MorningBigBlue or forums.bluebombers.com, and you'll see that fans there would have no issue losing Younger. I get that his a former Argo, but I think that clouds a lot of fans minds.
    I was yanking your chain a little, RJ, but Younger hasn't been a disaster in Winnipeg. The DBs do seem to be performing better although how much of it has to do with coaching and how much with personnel is debatable.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I was yanking your chain a little, RJ, but Younger hasn't been a disaster in Winnipeg. The DBs do seem to be performing better although how much of it has to do with coaching and how much with personnel is debatable.
    Let's just bring the band back together... Why not bring back Barker to be the GM, Milanovich to be the Head Coach, Marcus Brady to run the offence, Stubler to run the D, and Younger to coach up the young dbs ?
    That worked amazingly well before...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Let's just bring the band back together... Why not bring back Barker to be the GM, Milanovich to be the Head Coach, Marcus Brady to run the offence, Stubler to run the D, and Younger to coach up the young dbs ?
    That worked amazingly well before...
    Maybe Brady has been missed more than we all realize.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone else irritated by the Bishop rough the passer call ?
    I'm all for protecting the QB to a degree, but if the QB lowers his body and head into the hit; I think the refs need to be more objective towards calling it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm all for protecting the QB to a degree, but if the QB lowers his body and head into the hit; I think the refs need to be more objective towards calling it.
    I agree, bad call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hard to imagine after last year's Grey Cup we would talking about getting rid of Trestman, Popp and half the Coaching staff a year later.
    Almost like back in 1972. Leo was riding high after all the new talent he brought in for the 71 season and then it all fell apart in 72.
    IMO MLSE should have a Football guy as President of the Argos for starters, not a Soccer guy. Let Manning run TFC which maybe he knows something about.
    I guess it will go one of two ways. Trestman is fired or just quits, or he stays and they try to reload.
    I have always thought the OLine Coach Himbach would make a great HC, so he would be my choice if Trestman leaves.
    However if Trestman stays, can they make a big play for either Mitchell or Reilly who are both FA's this off season. MLSE has the money but there's that little thing about a salary cap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Not irritated....livid!!! if that's called, Edm fans should be livid too. The hit on Reilly last week was worse and got no call that allowed a Sask TD.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Not irritated....livid!!! if that's called, Edm fans should be livid too. The hit on Reilly last week was worse and got no call that allowed a Sask TD.
    CFL officiating. There's no cure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I have my doubts that either Mitchell or Reilly would want to play in Trestmans system.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Totally disappointed with game, but like most thought Franklin shows promise even though his play dropped in the second half.
    Not getting into the off season yet, but I hope Popp stays. As for Trestman...not sure. The offence seems to try the same thing week in week out. Short passes on 2nd and long etc. Trestman seems stubborn with his system and it appears other teams know how to play it. (play tight they don't throw deep!!)
    At this point I don't think Franklin can succeed in this offence. Let alone anyone else.
    Obviously the D needs an overhaul. I predict Johnny Football gets his first win against us. FFS!