Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level

Moving to BC......

So my hunny got a call last night, and she got a plum job in BC (Delta). She is flying out by the 23rd of this month.

Is BC as weird, crazy,and different as some on here say it is? Ive only visited twice. (lived in the GTA all my life)

So...you BC folk...gimme some comments, idea's and suggestions...starting over at 46, in a strange land is sure gonna be an adventure.

Whats it like being an Argofan on the LEFT coast? Am i gonna be a fish out of water? Do they hate Torontonians out there?

The thing that sucks the most is the only date the Argo's are playing in BC is sept 15th (the date of our wedding).

Well, one thing is for sure, im gonna have our honeymoon in Toronto for Grey Cup (hopefully i can make it a 2 week honeymoon and squeeze in the eastern final at Skydome as well...go Argo's)
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Don't do it!!! I came out here two weeks before turning 40. I'll be 50 in Oct and can't wait to move back to Ontario. I do love my trips down to Vic to see bands and a few time a year in Vancouver is great. They hate TO here but no one would ever just come out and tell you to your face. They get in their uneducated comments in. Most have never been east of the Rockies.
    Just try and enjoy your time here but it's really not my cup of tea for sure. I didn't know depression before moving here. You'll love summer as it get sunny and very dry. Winter blows unless you ski.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    So...im officially in BC now...got here saturday, me and my dog Maggie took the Via...what a ride...

Funny story on the train....there was this guy on the train wearing an Eskimo's baseball cap, ...everytime i'd see him, in the observation car, the bar car, the dining car, i'd pass by him with a huge smile and look at him and say "Thanks"...after the third day on the train, while enjoying a cold beer...he finally looked back at me and said, "why do you keep saying thanks to me?"...i said i was just thanking you for giving "US" Ricky Ray.... he gave me a very akward, and pissed off look, and went back to his seat. He didnt seem to see the humour....hehe, oh well
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 06-04-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    hahaha,that is funny. That must have been one hell of a ride on the train. As you can see we have great weather for yah. CRAP!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Well I've never been to BC, but I'm sure it can't be that bad. I hear there are all kinds of cool people and even mushrooms out there, not to mention local beer; and there are supposed to be good opportunities to sample the local horticultural specialties. Just rumours. I'm sure you'll fit right in. I mean, if 1argoholic could survive out there for ten years, you can too. Mind you, 1argoholic is a tough Punk Rocker, with pieces of cut glass probably still lodged in his scalp, but over all, I hear BC is a very friendly and cool place.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    haha. Actually Victoria kicks arse. I love it. Visits to Vancouver has had it grow on me. Some good cool folks but plenty of backward hicks in our area.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Go on yearly ski vacations to BC. i personally find Vancouver to be very much like Toronto in alot of ways. I don't feel the west coast vibe like i thought i would. Even when i was trying to buy certain things that were unique to Vancouver i could not find it, and alot of the items and brands were Ontario based. I find Vancouver to be Toronto with better skiing and better sushi.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Vancouver is different in the fact that they have not respected history with a good mix of old and new bulidings. It's all new and glass. Toronto has more culture hands down. Now Victoria is a great wee city. Small but very cool with a great vibe.