Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Canadian Gun Law Debate

Quote Originally Posted by CptArcher View Post
    He had it on his night table. Clearly the behaviour of a criminal. *facepalm*

And let's cool it with the character assassinations. Judging somebody by a Twitter feed (consisting of less than 10 posts) is quite possibly the stupidest and shallowest idea ever. You guys will be real happy when he's sitting in jail for 3 years for committing a victimless "crime". It boggles my mind how things like possessing a weapon or a drug can get you jail time. thats tyranny for ya.
    Three years for having a gun?! Who gets hurt by guns and these laws?

For Goodness sakes, he would have been better off mugging a random or molesting a child - which are minor offences. The harsh crimes are reserved for the real evil people who dare to have a gun for self defence. This is just so sickening and disgusting. People in this country are so brainwashed to freak out when the see or even hear the word "gun". I guess thats what you get from CTV and CBC news. I'm sure the authorities were on the scene quickly to restore order and subdue the rampant criminal gun-owner.
    You take issue with people judging Coughman by his Twitter feed yet you persistently claim the 3 year sentence for what Coughman has done is wrong yet we don't know all the facts yet. With the information we have at hand I agree with you but does Coughman have any prior offences here or in Georgia? Perhaps we are jumping to conclusions to quickly. Regardless you are probably right about judging a person to harshly based on a few tweets even though those tweets are pretty dumb and you are probably right about the 3 year term. I don't have an issue with our firearms laws. I personally think the attitude about guns in Canada is a positive vs. the attitude in the US. The majority of canadians don't feel the need to carry a firearm to protect themselves. I do have an issue with mandatory sentencing though for any crime. Also just so you know I do have a valid PAL for restricted and non restricted firearms.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    i think a lot of people on here, and im not saying you, think this 3 year/mandatory sentence is bs, and that this guy should get off just because hes an argo....its cut and dry....the man did something against the law, and is going to be punished. period. i am sure if he was a eskie or stamp many on here would want the guy pinned to the cross...

Banned
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    the man did something against the law, and is going to be punished. period.
    Rosa Parks did something against the law didn't she???

Are you seriously telling me thats your measuring stick for right and wrong?

Humans can think for themselves, sheep can't and so they follow blindly.

History does not look fondly upon idiots like this guy.^

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This is Canada we don't all haul guns around for so called protection. If we were allowed than we'd be no different from the US. The right to bare arms has done wonders for the good old USA. There's a reason all the reality cop, jail and murder shows have done so well down south. At least it gives me a weekly show to watch in the First 48. A law is a law. Ed f'ed up. I'd like to carry a clever around everywhere but I can't. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Are you seriously telling me thats your measuring stick for right and wrong?
    by stating the obvious? i simply stated the obvious, saying that he did something against he law and will be punished...it had nothing to do with my opinion on the matter at all...i dont understand how the laws of the criminal code of canada have anything to do with what i would think is right and wrong...i really hope you can explain this to me oh great one

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Rosa Parks did something against the law didn't she???
    Please don't compare Rosa Parks to Coughman.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Toronto council is debating the local gun law ban currently. The Toronto Sportsman Show which has been around forever, had to be moved from its annual home at the CNE grounds, to a facility outside of the boundries of the city of Toronto, due to the former communist mayor David Millers insane ban. Hopefully it will be back in its rightful place next year.

The problem with these left wing nutjobs like Miller, is they are soft of the criminals who use guns, then put in place laws that infringe on the law abiding folks. The people who attend a sportmans show, are NOT going to rob the corner store with thier duck hunting rifles. The OLYMPIC athletes who participate in many gun clubs, are not allowed to train for thier SPORT in Toronto.

Think about this, the TOUGHEST EVER Gun Laws in HISTORY...were in nazi germany...hmmmmmmmmm
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Toronto council is debating the local gun law ban currently. The Toronto Sportsman Show which has been around forever, had to be moved from its annual home at the CNE grounds, to a facility outside of the boundries of the city of Toronto, due to the former communist mayor David Millers insane ban. Hopefully it will be back in its rightful place next year.

The problem with these left wing nutjobs like Miller, is they are soft of the criminals who use guns, then put in place laws that infringe on the law abiding folks. The people who attend a sportmans show, are NOT going to rob the corner store with thier duck hunting rifles. The OLYMPIC athletes who participate in many gun clubs, are not allowed to train for thier SPORT in Toronto.

Think about this, the TOUGHEST EVER Gun Laws in HISTORY...were in nazi germany...hmmmmmmmmm
    There is no "local gun law ban." Firearms laws are handled by the federal government. David Miller started a Canada-wide handgun ban petition which is no longer active. The Toronto Sportsmen's Show will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre next year. This is what the city council was "debating": Council demands gun registry data

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    There is no "local gun law ban." Firearms laws are handled by the federal government. David Miller started a Canada-wide handgun ban petition which is no longer active. The Toronto Sportsmen's Show will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre next year. This is what the city council was "debating": Council demands gun registry data
    My applogies T-Bone for the incorrect verbage, Comrade Miller banned guns , silly me, i guess it was a by-law??..not a federal firearms law as you said.

but the ....GREAT NEWS IS..... that the sportsman show is back at home where it belongs...

The Toronto Sportsmen’s Show was exiled from Exhibition Place in 2010 after 62 years at the city-owned venue because mayor David Miller and the previous city council voted to ban guns on city property.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    My applogies T-Bone for the incorrect verbage, Comrade Miller banned guns , silly me, i guess it was a by-law??..not a federal firearms law as you said.
    It was a petition.

but the ....GREAT NEWS IS..... that the sportsman show is back at home where it belongs...

The Toronto Sportsmen’s Show was exiled from Exhibition Place in 2010 after 62 years at the city-owned venue because mayor David Miller and the previous city council voted to ban guns on city property.
    This is what you are talking about in regards to the Toronto Sportsmen's Show.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    there was a petition..i agree..however there is also a local bylaw, ..no worries...

my only point is that lefties like Miller are soft on criminals...yet they infringe on law abiding folks rights...

Hunters, Sportsmen, Olympic shooters, people who are members of a local gun club...all had their right taken away..

YET..some thug can shoot and kill someone..and clowns like David Miller..are soft on these guys.

that said...im GLAD the sportsmen show is back...and i'm going to try to find the last time a duck hunter robbed a 7/11..

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    there was a petition..i agree..however there is also a local bylaw, ..no worries...

my only point is that lefties like Miller are soft on criminals...yet they infringe on law abiding folks rights...

Hunters, Sportsmen, Olympic shooters, people who are members of a local gun club...all had their right taken away..

YET..some thug can shoot and kill someone..and clowns like David Miller..are soft on these guys.

that said...im GLAD the sportsmen show is back...and i'm going to try to find the last time a duck hunter robbed a 7/11..
    The municipal government doesn't make amendments to the Criminal Code of Canada so I don't understand how David Miller was "soft on criminals."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    T-Bone....dont put words in my mouth....

i said "Lefties LIKE Miller are soft on criminals" ---
    (proof, wanna bet jack layton tryed to be hard on his rub/tug prositute, but im sure he ended up soft on that crime by the time it was over) -haha-

BTW ...your comments above about municipal goverments, and amendments to the criminal code are 100% correct...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    It is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and Austrailian General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radiocastwent silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    It is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and Austrailian General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radiocastwent silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.
    As great a tale as this is, it's pure fabrication.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    fabrication or not...it sends a pretty honest message