Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Is Drew Brown the answer to the Argos FG problem?

So far Drew Brown has been 6/6 in FGs for the Argos. In each of his last two years at Nebraska he was 85.7% in FGs. So far he's definitely been an improvement on Pfeffer and Medeiros. Here are his Nebraska stats.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...w-brown-1.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    So far Drew Brown has been 6/6 in FGs for the Argos. In each of his last two years at Nebraska he was 85.7% in FGs. So far he's definitely been an improvement on Pfeffer and Medeiros. Here are his Nebraska stats.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...w-brown-1.html
    I don't know if we can count on Brown as a long-term option. I am guessing that he will try to catch on again in the NFL this off-season. It is still possible that Pfeffer and Medeiros together can be the answers going forward with one doing the placekicking and the other the punting.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I don't know if we can count on Brown as a long-term option. I am guessing that he will try to catch on again in the NFL this off-season. It is still possible that Pfeffer and Medeiros together can be the answers going forward with one doing the placekicking and the other the punting.
    No, no, no!

At least to one doing the placekicking.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Pfeffer shouldn’t be considered an option at all IMO Ravi.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Pfeffer shouldn’t be considered an option at all IMO Ravi.
    I don't know about that. I personally had written Brett Lauther off long ago, and look at him now. Having said that, I do like Medeiros over Pfeffer. Definitely at this stage is more consistent, and will likely improve. Like OV however, I think it's a bad football decision to only carry 1 kicker. Injuries aside, I think a kicker is likely going to be better if he only has to concentrate on one aspect of the kicking game rather than both.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't know about that. I personally had written Brett Lauther off long ago, and look at him now. Having said that, I do like Medeiros over Pfeffer. Definitely at this stage is more consistent, and will likely improve. Like OV however, I think it's a bad football decision to only carry 1 kicker. Injuries aside, I think a kicker is likely going to be better if he only has to concentrate on one aspect of the kicking game rather than both.
    Agreed. Regardless who they bring in to compete, the days of trying to make it with one kicker for the season should be long gone. The kicking game is too important to leave it to one player.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    We'll see how he does in that last two games but he looks very consistent to me. However his NFL draft scout says he doesn't have the leg strength for the NFL. Only made 2 field goals over 50 at Nebraska. But he could get a little stronger as he's only 22 I believe. Most of the misses from Medeiros and Pfeffer that I recall were from inside the 50. Those are the ones that often make the difference in winning and losing in the CFL. Over 50 is a bonus with sometimes a little help from the wind.
    His half brother Kris Brown played 12 years in the NFL as a place kicker so he has the genes.

But I would like to see him back if they can sign him, although depending on what transpired when signed, next year could be the option year of this years contract.

His Mother was at the game Saturday and seemed to enjoy herself cheering on the team and of course her Son.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    We'll see how he does in that last two games but he looks very consistent to me. However his NFL draft scout says he doesn't have the leg strength for the NFL. Only made 2 field goals over 50 at Nebraska. But he could get a little stronger as he's only 22 I believe. Most of the misses from Medeiros and Pfeffer that I recall were from inside the 50. Those are the ones that often make the difference in winning and losing in the CFL. Over 50 is a bonus with sometimes a little help from the wind.
    His half brother Kris Brown played 12 years in the NFL as a place kicker so he has the genes.

But I would like to see him back if they can sign him, although depending on what transpired when signed, next year could be the option year of this years contract.

His Mother was at the game Saturday and seemed to enjoy herself cheering on the team and of course her Son.
    Medeiros really hasn't been that bad, he's 15-20 and had he made 1 more would be at that acceptable 80% number. His 2 last play misses in Montreal and home to the Riders were no gimmies at 54 and 51 yards either. His only miss that really hurt was his first miss against the Riders, IIRC correctly from 36.

Having said that, I will reiterate that if a kicker (especially an inexperienced one) is asked to do both jobs, I think performance suffers. Keep 2 kickers, and I believe FG % will greatly improve.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'd bring them all back to compete during TC, and keep two of 'em. Pfeffer IMO has the strongest leg, along with IMO being the best directional punter from what I've seen so far, but he had place kicking issues (plant foot to be exact according to Pfeffer). Medeiros is decent at all three and looks to have a stronger leg over Brown, but place kicking clearly became an issue as well. Drew seems to be the most consistent out of the 3 (so far - Medeiros started off well too), but from what I've seen so far he has the "weakest" leg. All 3 are under 30 with Medeiros being the closest (around 28), and kickers do seem to take a while to develop, so I wouldn't give up on any of them just yet.