Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Franklin's footwork was off on a lot of his passes causing him to be erratic.
    With the game lost, I would have pulled him after the 3rd, let's see Prokop not to beat a dead horse.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    If this team doesn’t care about the product that it puts on the field, then why should we, as fans, care about them? Why would I want to invest any time, concern, thoughts, efforts, or more importantly - cash, for this team? This is exactly why a lot of my friends ridicule the CFL as minor-league.

I get it - they’re playing out the string and don’t want to get injured. But the lack of effort is disgusting. The lack of creativity on offence is pathetic. Rinse, lather, repeat......

They make it very difficult to be a fan. I’m not here to be a cheerleader, I’m here to be entertained. They were not entertaining this year, and frankly under the Milanovich and Trestman eras they have not been entertaining at all. It’s been too many years of the short-yardage passing game and hope that somebody misses a tackle (Noel gets a 100-yard game today based on a huge reception that was based on a short pass and missed tackle, not for challenging to push the ball downfield). I get it that they have won the last game of the season two times in the last 6 years, but the overall record has been awful.

Put me down as “not impressed”

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I hope the Argos use Jimmy Ralph in their next game. While he is certainly not their top receiver and never will be in terms of natural talent, one thing you can count on from him is that he will always comes to play hard, which is more than I can say for most of the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    With the game lost, I would have pulled him after the 3rd, let's see Prokop not to beat a dead horse.
    And if Prukop shat the bed where do you go then ? Don't see Reilly or Mitchell coming to Toronto, and Jennings is just as bad if not worse than what you think we have.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hmmmm...let's see...We are playing out the string and head to Montreal on Friday or Saturday, ahead of a meaningless Sunday afternoon game. Go out on the town - did I mention we were in Montreal? - for some team bonding the night before. What could possibly go wrong?

Were the Argos hung over today? Probably not and I'm being facetious, but it sure looked like it! What a terrible effort from start to finish.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    #FireEverybody

In all seriousness, Trestman can talk all he wants about practice, but it's pretty clear that this team isn't being prepped at an elite level, and it doesn't seem as though many of the players care what's going on during games. It starts with coaching, and there's been a lot of issues with that this season IMO.

Adding in these as well:
    - I still think Franklin has the skill set to be a CFL starter, but eventually he has to prove he can be the guy, and IMO he hasn't shown anything even close to it yet (on a consistent basis).
    - I wouldn't bother trying to keep Carter around next season.
    - OL badly needs improvement. LT, LG, and RT (Van Zeyl may not have much left at 36), and depth (Sackey, Campbell, and Kolankowski are all 3rd year players, and still can't get on the field).
    - We need some receivers next season. A deep threat, and some good CDN's.
    - DL, DL, DL
    - Young fast LBs
    - A secondary that fast and has a clue
    - A defensive coordinator who has a clue
    - A new offensive system, but I'd still keep Condell. Sorry, but I'm not sold on giving him the boot until I see what he can do with full control of the offense and system.

I'd like to see Popp and especially Trestman given the boot, but at a reported $1.2 million for 2019 that may be wishful thinking on my part. This team needs an enema, and it's should start at the top of football operations. It's Popp job to build a team to win now and for the future, seems to me he focused on last season, and figured since they fluked out in the Grey Cup that it was a good idea to stand pat. Trestman's system, play calling, in game decisions, his decision for continuity (Archer) and roster handling have all been piss poor this season IMO, so I don't think he deserves to come back. While he has my sympathies for what's going on in his personal life, I don't think that absolves him for what's occurred this season.

I don't have the hate for Bill Manning that some around here do, so at this point I'm not against him returning as Team President, but I will admit the way the Argos are run from the business side to the football side needs to change. If he can't do it, then maybe MLSE has to find a CFL version of Shanahan and Ujiri.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    #FireEverybody

In all seriousness, Trestman can talk all he wants about practice, but it's pretty clear that this team isn't being prepped at an elite level, and it doesn't seem as though many of the players care what's going on during games. It starts with coaching, and there's been a lot of issues with that this season IMO.

Adding in these as well:
    - I still think Franklin has the skill set to be a CFL starter, but eventually he has to prove he can be the guy, and IMO he hasn't shown anything even close to it yet (on a consistent basis).
    - I wouldn't bother trying to keep Carter around next season.
    - OL badly needs improvement. LT, LG, and RT (Van Zeyl may not have much left at 36), and depth (Sackey, Campbell, and Kolankowski are all 3rd year players, and still can't get on the field).
    - We need some receivers next season. A deep threat, and some good CDN's.
    - DL, DL, DL
    - Young fast LBs
    - A secondary that fast and has a clue
    - A defensive coordinator who has a clue
    - A new offensive system, but I'd still keep Condell. Sorry, but I'm not sold on giving him the boot until I see what he can do with full control of the offense and system.

I'd like to see Popp and especially Trestman given the boot, but at a reported $1.2 million for 2019 that may be wishful thinking on my part. This team needs an enema, and it's should start at the top of football operations. It's Popp job to build a team to win now and for the future, seems to me he focused on last season, and figured since they fluked out in the Grey Cup that it was a good idea to stand pat. Trestman's system, play calling, in game decisions, his decision for continuity (Archer) and roster handling have all been piss poor this season IMO, so I don't think he deserves to come back. While he has my sympathies for what's going on in his personal life, I don't think that absolves him for what's occurred this season.

I don't have the hate for Bill Manning that some around here do, so at this point I'm not against him returning as Team President, but I will admit the way the Argos are run from the business side to the football side needs to change. If he can't do it, then maybe MLSE has to find a CFL version of Shanahan and Ujiri.
    No. I don't agree we fire "everybody". Starting from scratch, again?? No thanks. As someone else posted, and I agree, one of our biggest issues has been the constant change and turnover. We finally have financial stability with MLSE's ownership. They made marginal improvements to game attendance and the TV audience is still good. You have a multiple Grey Cup winning head coach, and an experienced GM who are still under contract. Unless management has any inking that they are not committed, switching out now makes no sense to me.

But there are changes that need to be made, and I agree with a lot of your points, especially with respect to the O line, D line, Duron Carter, and a desperate need to find a new Defensive Coordinator. I appreciate the comments about the play of the offence... but how much of that would be different if we had a better O line, that gave the QB some time, not to mention create holes for a running game, and receivers that could stretch the field and keep the opposing defence honest.

A complete destruction of everything would be counterproductive in my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Did anyone see the last kickoff return of the game? Did you notice how Brandon Burks, after being blown up by Boulay, pointed at Duron Carter in anger after the play? Did anyone notice what Carter did or didn't do on that play?

If Carter never plays another game for the Argos, I am okay with that.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoTD View Post
    At least at the end of the disasterous 2016 season players were playing hard for jobs but this is pathetic
    You have a different recollection of 2016 than I do. The last few games that year were all blowouts. While today was an embarrassing rout, it has been the exception rather than the rule of the 2018 season.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Did anyone see the last kickoff return of the game? Did you notice how Brandon Burks, after being blown up by Boulay, pointed at Duron Carter in anger after the play? Did anyone notice what Carter did or didn't do on that play?

If Carter never plays another game for the Argos, I am okay with that.
    YES... all Carter did was stand there and put his hands up and watch his team mate get crushed. I have NO use for Duron Carter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I will be looking for (well, initially just rather doubtfully hoping for) good moves and good signs as next season approaches and plays out.

This is a season in and for the dumpster, and it's time to move on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    We have seen both Franklin and MBT this year, we haven't seen Prokop and he is the next one up.
    Embarrassing effort! Is it possible Trestman has lost the room?

Prukop should get to play a half at least.
    I still think Franklin could be a starter in the league, but I’m losing faith as he has not looked good this year. Maybe it’s more to do with Trestman’s horrible play calling, weak O-line, or maybe he just doesn’t grasp the offence.

Right now there’s not a lot of bright spots to look forward to next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It has been at least 20 years since I last missed an Argo game. Well, I was unable to watch yesterday's and won't even bother to watch the highlights. Very disgusted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos looked very disinterested yesterday. I can handle losing, but to not get up for a game in the week where it was revealed the tough personal times the coach is going through is pretty bad. I put none of the loss on Franklin, BTW. I've also come to the conclusion that many were right, and adding Duron Carter was a huge mistake. Nobody seems less interested then him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argos looked very disinterested yesterday. I can handle losing, but to not get up for a game in the week where it was revealed the tough personal times the coach is going through is pretty bad. I put none of the loss on Franklin, BTW. I've also come to the conclusion that many were right, and adding Duron Carter was a huge mistake. Nobody seems less interested then him.
    This team reminds me of the Peter Horachek lead Leafs in 2015.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    This team reminds me of the Peter Horachek lead Leafs in 2015.
    ugh...those were rough times.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    [QUOTE=jerrym;135039]I hope the Argos use Jimmy Ralph in their next game. While he is certainly not their top receiver and never will be in terms of natural talent, one thing you can count on from him is that he will always comes to play hard, which is more than I can say for most of the Argos.[/QUOTE
    Agree have you watched the body language on some of these players when they are leaving the field after a play