Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It's so hard to have the same atmosphere on a team from year to year when so many players don't return. I've said it before, but the league really needs to put some incentive in for free agents to re-sign with the own teams, and to me the most obvious way to do that is to have a portion of a re-signed player eligible for free agency not count against the cap. That way their current team can likely pay them more than any other team.

Look at the players that did not return from last year: Rico Murray, Owusa-Ansah, Mitchell White, Victor Butler, Devier Posey, Jeff Fuller (whether you liked him as a player never publicly stirred the you know what when he was demoted), Corey Watman. Add to that players that were let go (Lemon) or injured for most of the season, and it's a completely different team.
    True enough, a lot of different faces. And once the losing starts, I guess that negativity takes on a life of its own, as well. Though Trestman insisted it was a good room right to the end...so who knows. Hey, maybe the Don Bosco/School Bus/Tennis court situation actually unified last year's group - kind of an 'us against the world' thing and Trestman's visualizations and 'play for the guy next to you' philosophy worked. This year, a different group, in a better (though still far from perfect) practice set up, didn't buy in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    https://soundcloud.com/3downnation/g...layoff-preview

Some discussion about Trestman's way of doing things wearing thin, players not being able to "be who they are", not adapting to his locker room, not putting Franklin in a situation to succeed, etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It's so hard to have the same atmosphere on a team from year to year when so many players don't return. I've said it before, but the league really needs to put some incentive in for free agents to re-sign with the own teams, and to me the most obvious way to do that is to have a portion of a re-signed player eligible for free agency not count against the cap. That way their current team can likely pay them more than any other team.
    Words of wisdom.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Look at the players that did not return from last year: Rico Murray, Owusa-Ansah, Mitchell White, Victor Butler, Devier Posey, Jeff Fuller (whether you liked him as a player never publicly stirred the you know what when he was demoted), Corey Watman. Add to that players that were let go (Lemon) or injured for most of the season, and it's a completely different team.
    Very true, we now cheer for the uniform which are filled each season with interchangeable parts it seems.
    CFL rosters back in the day had much more stability allowing you to cheer for the player as you were more familiar with them, now each off season becomes a game of musical chairs with most teams rosters and it kind of sucks IMO.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Very true, we now cheer for the uniform which are filled each season with interchangeable parts it seems.
    CFL rosters back in the day had much more stability allowing you to cheer for the player as you were more familiar with them, now each off season becomes a game of musical chairs with most teams rosters and it kind of sucks IMO.
    Agree it sucks, but it's not just the CFL. It happens in almost every sport now. NBA players sign contracts which give players the option to opt out now. I guess the NHL and MLB are a little different because somehow their unions allow teams to own full control of a player for like 7 years or so, but there are also plenty of players who move on an annual basis as teams sign player to 1 year contracts to fill out the bottom half of their rosters.. I kind of like that football players have more freedom, but as I said, players and teams may just need an extra little incentive in order to keep players where they are and not move every year.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Agree it sucks, but it's not just the CFL. It happens in almost every sport now. NBA players sign contracts which give players the option to opt out now. I guess the NHL and MLB are a little different because somehow their unions allow teams to own full control of a player for like 7 years or so, but there are also plenty of players who move on an annual basis as teams sign player to 1 year contracts to fill out the bottom half of their rosters.. I kind of like that football players have more freedom, but as I said, players and teams may just need an extra little incentive in order to keep players where they are and not move every year.
    Your suggestion makes sense.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I didn't know where to put this, but thought it was a tweet that would interest some.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I didn't know where to put this, but thought it was a tweet that would interest some.

And that’s why they sucked last year amongst other things.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Altho, somehow in MT's first game with the Argos Ricky passed for 511 yards. He pushed the ball downfield -- a lot -- that day.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Altho, somehow in MT's first game with the Argos Ricky passed for 511 yards. He pushed the ball downfield -- a lot -- that day.
    Answer: Jeff Reinebold as Hamilton's DC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Popp sure has been an open book in the last few days.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    In 2017, Ricky Ray seemed to throw the deep ball whenever the Argos were backed up in their own end and it worked more often than not, including in the Grey Cup.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    your sig should now include derel walker