Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I want to see a coach who wants to run a high-octane razzle-dazzle offence -- something that can excite the fans -- and who knows how to do it.

Because you gotta figure both Manning and Popp are both very much inclined to trade for Johnny Manziel. It looks like Montreal is willing to deal, and it also looks like Johnny could turn into the right guy to run a successful high-octane razzle-dazzle offence in the CFL. Based on what I've seen so far, I'd say the guy's got a chance to be a great one up here.

And best of all, a Johnny Manziel offence would perfectly suit James Franklin too. What a one-two punch that could be running read options, QB draws, and all kinds of other things that mobile QBs do that drive defences crazy. The catch would be that the Argonauts would need to extend Manziel to at least 2020, but depending on the new CBA, he might be swayed to stay here longer.

So, anybody know of a coach who can run an offence like this? Could LaPo do it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I want to see a coach who wants to run a high-octane razzle-dazzle offence -- something that can excite the fans -- and who knows how to do it.

Because you gotta figure both Manning and Popp are both very much inclined to trade for Johnny Manziel. It looks like Montreal is willing to deal, and it also looks like Johnny could turn into the right guy to run a successful high-octane razzle-dazzle offence in the CFL. Based on what I've seen so far, I'd say the guy's got a chance to be a great one up here.

And best of all, a Johnny Manziel offence would perfectly suit James Franklin too. What a one-two punch that could be running read options, QB draws, and all kinds of other things that mobile QBs do that drive defences crazy. The catch would be that the Argonauts would need to extend Manziel to at least 2020, but depending on the new CBA, he might be swayed to stay here longer.

So, anybody know of a coach who can run an offence like this? Could LaPo do it?
    Maybe trade Franklin for Manziel - I think Kavis would do it lol.

Lapo, Condell, June Jones, and Khari Jones are the only OC's right now that I think could do what you're talking about.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Maybe trade Franklin for Manziel - I think Kavis would do it lol.

Lapo, Condell, June Jones, and Khari Jones are the only OC's right now that I think could do what you're talking about.
    Personally I wouldn’t trade Franklin for Manziel under any circumstance.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions