Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Back on the topic of Coaching Search, Maas is returning to Edmonton so he's not coming here as some had (mildly) speculated earlier. Edm has also dismissed four assistant coaches, presumably in part because the new football ops cap will require fewer coaches. Maas is also musing about giving up the OC duties.
    In reading the weekend reports, it was understood that one of the conditions in Maas returning was GM Sunderland insisting he would hire an OC who would then call the plays next year.
    Actually, I am surprised Maas is coming back as he supposedly had the same problem as Trestman by "loosing" the dressing room?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    In reading the weekend reports, it was understood that one of the conditions in Maas returning was GM Sunderland insisting he would hire an OC who would then call the plays next year.
    Actually, I am surprised Maas is coming back as he supposedly had the same problem as Trestman by "loosing" the dressing room?
    Maas has been known to lose his cool publicly, which result in bad optics, but I have never heard anything about him losing the room. Quite the contrary in that it has been reported that his players love him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maas has been known to lose his cool publicly, which result in bad optics, but I have never heard anything about him losing the room. Quite the contrary in that it has been reported that his players love him.
    While I am not in favour of hiring a totally buttoned down coach like Trestman, I also think that Maas' overreactions to the ups and downs of a game are not the answer either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Based on what I saw in the last games by Edm and Tor. Trestman lost the room, players mailed it in. The Edmonton players played hard to show they stood by their coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Based on what I saw in the last games by Edm and Tor. Trestman lost the room, players mailed it in. The Edmonton players played hard to show they stood by their coach.
    Agreed. The Love Boat sprung a big leak this year and ended up like the Titanic! I wonder who will be back on the staff? Any word on Archer's status?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    While I am not in favour of hiring a totally buttoned down coach like Trestman, I also think that Maas' overreactions to the ups and downs of a game are not the answer either.
    I don't disagree. I was just saying there is no indication anywhere that Maas lost the dressing room.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I know Rick Campbell is not available, but I would like to see someone with his temperament hired, someone who stays cool under pressure and is flexible in the way he uses talent he has.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    Agreed. The Love Boat sprung a big leak this year and ended up like the Titanic! I wonder who will be back on the staff? Any word on Archer's status?
    Any word on Archers status??? Any word??? Fully expect another DC to be hired by the new HC.....Archer simply won't have his contract renewed....EVER!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Any word on Archers status??? Any word??? Fully expect another DC to be hired by the new HC.....Archer simply won't have his contract renewed....EVER!!!!
    LOL...hey, I totally agree, but you never know! Maybe the new guy will like him...?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    LOL...hey, I totally agree, but you never know! Maybe the new guy will like him...?
    Well we can name 8 CFL OC's that liked him a lot in 2018....Luke Tasker and Brandon Banks will see a huge dip in production next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well we can name 8 CFL OC's that liked him a lot in 2018....Luke Tasker and Brandon Banks will see a huge dip in production next season.
    😂😂😂

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Corey Chamblin was mentioned by Dave Naylor as a possible head coaching candidate today - not surprisingly. He mentioned that because the Argos have to keep some of their existing coaches, Chamblin would be a natural fit because he worked with them last year.

I know that some have concerns about Chamblin as a head coach based on what happened to the Riders following their 2013 Grey Cup victory. I had concerns about Chamblin as a defensive coordinator but he seemed to have learned from his previous mistakes in Hamilton with the work that he did last year. I would be willing to bet that he would be a better head coach the second time around too.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hiring Maas was a decent idea (especially if he could bring QB Reilly with him)... but the Western Conference Coach that I truly want is ex-Argo great Mike O'Shea.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Cleveland Browns rumoured to be pursuing Condoleezza Rice. Perhaps the Argos could counter with Adrienne Clarkson.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I know that some have concerns about Chamblin as a head coach based on what happened to the Riders following their 2013 Grey Cup victory. I had concerns about Chamblin as a defensive coordinator but he seemed to have learned from his previous mistakes in Hamilton with the work that he did last year. I would be willing to bet that he would be a better head coach the second time around too.
    I agree. (And the first time around he did win a Grey Cup so he was not exactly chopped liver back then.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree. (And the first time around he did win a Grey Cup so he was not exactly chopped liver back then.)
    Chamblin as HC, with Danny Barrett as his OC and Jeff Reinebold for DC; maybe Kenty Austin as special consultant and Tillspin in charge of Canadian "scouting".

Dare to dream of a real GOB dream team !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Chamblin as HC, with Danny Barrett as his OC and Jeff Reinebold for DC; maybe Kenty Austin as special consultant and Tillspin in charge of Canadian "scouting".
    Tillman may be a GOB, but Ticats have drafted very well the past few years, so sarcasm about their "scouting" seems misplaced.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Corey Chamblin was mentioned by Dave Naylor as a possible head coaching candidate today - not surprisingly. He mentioned that because the Argos have to keep some of their existing coaches, Chamblin would be a natural fit because he worked with them last year.

My main reason for not wanting Chamblin is that I view him as the type that would be searching for good US opportunities while he's coaching the team. I want a coach that's 100% committed to the Argos, and LaPo, Steinauer and Claybrooks are my top 3 choices.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    My main reason for not wanting Chamblin is that I view him as the type that would be searching for good US opportunities while he's coaching the team. I want a coach that's 100% committed to the Argos, and LaPo, Steinauer and Claybrooks are my top 3 choices.
    I tend to lean towards your view here Angelo. I know it was supposedly due to personal reasons, but I just don't like the way that his departure from the team played out last off-season.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Valid point Angelo, I had the same issue with Himebauch when he returned to Toronto.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions