Closed Thread
    Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

How to improve your experience as an Argos fan.

Hey gang;

Obviously this season didn't go as planned. If there's a bright side to this year it's that we can get an early start on 2019.

Our department meets this week to break down what we can improve for next year.

If you have any constructive, realistic ideas, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a DM here.

PLEASE don't turn this into a public thread about what you don't like. If that happens I will ask the mod to take down the thread.

From game day experiences, to marketing to social media ideas, to anything you think will help make you a happier customer or make the Argos a better partner with you, let me know.

I've seen posts here complaining MLSE doesn't care about the Argos. I can assure you with 100% certainty that's not the case.

I think anyone who knows me understands how much I care about this team and am willing to do whatever it takes to make things better. That's why I want to hear from you.

If there was something new this year that you particularly liked, please let me know about that too. We also want to learn from what we did right.

Again, please DM me here as opposed to posting your complaints on this thread.

Thank you in advance for your input. I'll reply to any DMs.

Hoagie

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Hi Mike -- great idea to seek feedback. Thanks!

Don Landry is an absolute treasure on the PA and IMO should be appointed for life to that position. The best since Fred Locking back at the old Ex (in fact, he's better than Fred).

The in-depth player profiles on the scoreboard are very well done. I'd like to see those continue for sure.

For years I have wanted the team to find some sort of chant-based anthem that fans could sing/chant along with after Argo TDs. I love Dal Richards' Go Argos Go, and was glad to see it revived this year, but it's simply too "musical" to encourage crowd participation. Ideally what's needed is something like Chelsea Dagger (Blackhawks) or Shout (Buffalo Bills) or any number of chant-type songs that are prevalent in English soccer. Something that would allow the crowd to both celebrate and get further revved up by whooping it up along with the recording.

One thing the team could do to improve the fan experience is install a few more water fountains in BMO. Last time I checked there were only three of them, and none close to the northwest end. Also, if the Burlington Teen Tour Band returns, it should be outfitted in blue and lose the red jackets. The red tunics are fine when the full band is there doing a field show, but for the smaller stands-only gigs, why not put them in blue Argo t-shirts. And finally (until I think of something else), a greater and more varied selection of team merchandise in the kiosks would be nice. It's mostly hats and shirts -- would love to see some other stuff, especially team scarves and novelty-type merch.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks Paul, but I did ask that these not be made public. I really don't want the thread to take on a negative tone, which it invariably will, even though that's not the intent.

I will reply to yours here, but nobody else's.

I never get to hear Don at the games, I'm busy. LOL I have zero doubt he's the best in the league. He's a great broadcaster and is exceptionally passionate about the Argos.

Will also bring up everything in your final paragraph. Thanks for the input.

Now, for others, PLEASE DM me and I will respond. I won;t do it on this thread. That's all I ask.

I get the song thing. As an Eagles fan hearing 80,000 singing Fly Eagles Fly is a religious experience. I will certainly bring that up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Guys, let’s try and stay with Hogie’s request to keep these suggestions by PM. We don’t want this to turn into yet another bitch session.

Maybe Hogie at the conclusion can post some thoughts on some of the suggestions, but let’s do this as he has requested.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I can lock the thread so that there are no other responses.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022