Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Ricky Ray Might Play Next Year

Ricky Ray in an interview on Saturday said he is still considering whether to return next year. He also commented on Trestman's firing.

“Recovery’s going well, all the checkups have been fine and good so I’m pleased with that,” Ray told reporters. “There are just so many things I’ve still got to think through, things I’ve got to check off. If I were to want to play again, there’s obviously a process I’m going to have to go through to make sure I’m willing to do that. At this point, I’ve point a lot of thought into it to be honest, what I want to do next year. I still have the feelings of wanting to play, but I just have to make sure it’s the right decision for me.” ...

“It’s tough, I really enjoy playing for Marc,” said Ray. “I learned a lot from him. The year we had last year was pretty special. He’s just a great man, a great coach, one of the best coaches I’ve ever played for. My heart goes out to him. Everything he’s put into this team, this organization, it’s a tough day.”
    For Ray, a lot of what goes into his decision will come down to the physical side of the game. While he’s spent all season around the team, in meetings and on the sideline throughout games, he has yet to resume any football activities. His six-month checkup arrives at the end of December, which would be the next step in a possible return.

“There’s a lot that I’ve got to answer myself,” said Ray. Physically is it worth it, physically can I do it? I don’t really question mentally — I would still have the drive and have the want-to. Physically it’s been tough for me, my time here in Toronto, just with some of the injuries and now having the neck injury. And then, is there even an opportunity? Just a lot of things are up in the air right now. That’s what it’s been like the last three years, just trying to decide if there’s an opportunity for me, and can I still go out and do what I want to do. It’ll be similar in that sense but just in different circumstances.”
    https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/03/argos-...otball-future/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    He didn't close the door did he. I am not going to be one that is going to tell him what he should do. It's his decision. I would only hope if he does play next year and if it's with the Argos or another team the offensive line should be a top priority. Real good line and a big running who can block.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's ultimately his choice, but it was difficult seeing him go off on a stretcher this year. That said, it was obviously harder for him mentally and physically which could play into the decision. He wants to go out on his own terms.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Unless Trestman gets another gig, I can’t see it happening. Of course if Maas is gone and the Esks think Trestman is a god fit, I can see him finish his career where it started. That of course is if Reilly moves on.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Unless Trestman gets another gig, I can’t see it happening. Of course if Maas is gone and the Esks think Trestman is a god fit, I can see him finish his career where it started. That of course is if Reilly moves on.
    If Reilly moves on, he's welcome to move on to the Toronto Argonauts roster.

I don't want to see Ray return, for two reasons.

First, we don't need a complete reenactment of the Anthony & Alouettes super glue QB saga, possibly with some or all of the misery that has befallen that franchise since AC finally retired all those years ago.

Second, bank on it, he's just going to get hurt again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    If Reilly moves on, he's welcome to move on to the Toronto Argonauts roster.

I don't want to see Ray return, for two reasons.

First, we don't need a complete reenactment of the Anthony & Alouettes super glue QB saga, possibly with some or all of the misery that has befallen that franchise since AC finally retired all those years ago.

Second, bank on it, he's just going to get hurt again.
    It’s time to move on and develop the next guy, it won’t come without its growing pains but that’s the way it has to be.
    Last edited by Argo57; 11-05-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is the Argos third chance to develop and keep their QB of the Future in the last 7 years - time to move on from Ray.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I think it would be best for Ray's health if he retired, considering his injury history and age, but that is his choice. However, also considering how many games he has missed as an Argo, I would not like to see the Argos make a major investment in Ray in case injury takes him out of the picture again. Better to develop Franklin or another QB or sign a veteran quality QB, if they are unhappy with Franklin, because even if Ray returns and plays well, that only delays the process by one year. Nevertheless, his two Grey Cup wins as an Argo and his Hall of Fame career have already earned him a special place in Argo history.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    It’s time to move on and develop the next guy, it won’t come without its growing pains but that the way it has to be.
    Yes, just what I meant; you phrased it much better.