Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Game Thread - Final - Hamilton at Ottawa - Sunday November 18th

I think the keys will be whether the Ottawa defence can keep Hamilton's high scoring offence in check while Trevor Harris generates enough offence to keep the Ticats offence from continually getting opportunities. With home field advantage, I think they will.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I think the keys will be whether the Ottawa defence can keep Hamilton's high scoring offence in check while Trevor Harris generates enough offence to keep the Ticats offence from continually getting opportunities. With home field advantage, I think they will.
    I believe i would be betting on the Pussycats if they had Banks, Saunders & Tolliver in their receiving corps - but - without them (and even though Addison looks good as a next guy up) ... with Ottawa rested and at home and having shown they can beat the Ticats all year (confidence thing) = should be a RedBlacks win; i'd also bet on Ward pulling thru over Liam H in a close game coming down to FGs.

However - Ticats D could rise up and steal this game with run-stuffs, sacks, or turn-overs; a much more talented and experienced D group than Ottawa has, IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I believe i would be betting on the Pussycats if they had Banks, Saunders & Tolliver in their receiving corps - but - without them (and even though Addison looks good as a next guy up) ... with Ottawa rested and at home and having shown they can beat the Ticats all year (confidence thing) = should be a RedBlacks win; i'd also bet on Ward pulling thru over Liam H in a close game coming down to FGs.

However - Ticats D could rise up and steal this game with run-stuffs, sacks, or turn-overs; a much more talented and experienced D group than Ottawa has, IMO.
    I agree, and think Ottawa SHOULD win, but the Ticats do have a bit of a swagger coming out of that Lions beat down. I suspect it will be a great game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    If Ottawa wins I think it will be decided late. Their main starters haven’t played a game in 3 weeks and Powell for 4 weeks. That’s a bit of rust to shake off there. I expect a very close game here.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Looking good for the RedBlacks. Another INT followed by a 2nd Spencer TD.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I’d love to know how Hamilton called a timeout with 0 seconds on the clock (as Proulx explained)?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Masoli being out-played by Harris; big-time; 2 brutal picks offered up by Masoli (and Climie has the nerve to call that a receiver mistake on the 2nd ??? - Mike Jones was breaking wide-open deep, and Masoli with pressure on him can't get enough on the ball resulting in a brutal under-throw - and IMO we see this way too often out of CFL QBs - missing on deep shot throws where a good QB should be able to hit an open receiver in stride - Bridge did it last week throwing a brutal pick that cost his team; fault in Bo Mitchell's game too IMO).

Ottawa radio play by play guy referred to Harris as the REAL East MOP - i think he has a point as Masoli just makes too many mistakes inspite of looking so good at other times.

Love to see a tight-end release play resulting in wide-open completion - Beaulieu did it early in the season for a big TD; i guess they were saving it again for a big game? Bizzarre why this play is not used more often in the CFL ??? Most CFL OCs have little to no clue about diversity on offence in favor of same old look and play-calling.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 11-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Can't remember seeing a player as out of control as Rose was near the end of the first half. Referees got it right with two 15 yard penalties and an ejection for three separate infractions. Should be suspended from the Grey Cup too for pushing the official.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I’d love to know how Hamilton called a timeout with 0 seconds on the clock (as Proulx explained)?
    Once the clock starts running (as it did), a play happens even if it gets down to 0:00. Masoli called time-out either because the 20-second clock (which continues to run) was getting close to zero or because he need to change or get help with the play call. That said, Hamilton was guilty of terrible clock management in the last minute of the half.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Can't remember seeing a player as out of control as Rose was near the end of the first half. Referees got it right with two 15 yard penalties and an ejection for three separate infractions. Should be suspended from the Grey Cup too for pushing the official.
    They only called him for two infractions: unnecessary roughness on the tackle and contacting an official. They could and arguably should have called him for a second UR penalty for his actions against Hamilton players on the sideline.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ottawa got a couple of key players back from injury in safety Pruneau, and OG Nolan MacMillan (maybe the best guard in the league IMO) - MacMillan was taking no $hite from Ticat D trash-talkers and cheap shot artists from early in the game on and put a fist in their faces.

Play-off record(s) setting passing performance by Trevor Harris- wonder if he starts to get a bit more respect now; 10 different receivers (!) with catches = that shows some diversity on offence; and Powell is a good ball carrier RB (but a useless pass pro blocker; he has got Harris injured before with feeble efforts there - they better hope it doesn't happen in the GC)/

Ottawa can beat either of the Stumps or Bummers with another big offensive game; i don't think they can rely on their defence though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    His dumb actions could have sparked a Ticats' comeback if they were up for it. If the CFL fails to suspend him for pushing the official, there is a risk of further player assaults on officials next year, as such things are noticed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Loved watching Ottawa shut up Lawrence and the other Hamilton mouthpieces, a thing of beauty!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Loved watching Ottawa shut up Lawrence and the other Hamilton mouthpieces, a thing of beauty!
    O-lineman Lauzon-|Seguin just smoked big-mouth Lawrence late in the game when he was on a blitz - that was a thing of beauty.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Ottawa got a couple of key players back from injury in safety Pruneau, and OG Nolan MacMillan (maybe the best guard in the league IMO) - MacMillan was taking no $hite from Ticat D trash-talkers and cheap shot artists from early in the game on and put a fist in their faces.

Play-off record(s) setting passing performance by Trevor Harris- wonder if he starts to get a bit more respect now; 10 different receivers (!) with catches = that shows some diversity on offence; and Powell is a good ball carrier RB (but a useless pass pro blocker; he has got Harris injured before with feeble efforts there - they better hope it doesn't happen in the GC)/

Ottawa can beat either of the Stumps or Bummers with another big offensive game; i don't think they can rely on their defence though.
    Not the first time the durable and talented ex-Argo (alas) Harris has demonstrated that he knows very well how to throw for TDs. A stellar performance: 29/32 90.6% 367 6

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't help but think that June Jones will step down as HC of Hamilton with Orlondo taking over for next season. A great time watching the Cats go down hard. They can't beat teams with a winning record.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    O-lineman Lauzon-|Seguin just smoked big-mouth Lawrence late in the game when he was on a blitz - that was a thing of beauty.
    Love it!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It was! It really was!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Once the clock starts running (as it did), a play happens even if it gets down to 0:00. Masoli called time-out either because the 20-second clock (which continues to run) was getting close to zero or because he need to change or get help with the play call. That said, Hamilton was guilty of terrible clock management in the last minute of the half.
    The timeout should have been called when the previous play had ended - with 12 seconds left in the half. The Ticats would have been easily able to run two plays in that situation. They ended up getting away with this horrific clock management but how does this happen with 15 coaches on a staff today?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I can't help but think that June Jones will step down as HC of Hamilton with Orlondo taking over for next season. A great time watching the Cats go down hard. They can't beat teams with a winning record.
    I think that Jones is more likely to come back next season to try to finish the unfinished business he still has.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force