Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    My advice to you: never learn about "native advertising" because ignorance is bliss. Just about everything is a thinly veiled sales pitch.
    I miss those days. Like this subtle native advertisement about buying Glad Garbage bags.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    No idea if Ticketmaster is correct, but looks like there will be a good crowd Saturday.

Glad the CFL took my advice from a few years ago that the Argos' home opener should ALWAYS be against Hamilton to guarantee a good crowd.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    No idea if Ticketmaster is correct, but looks like there will be a good crowd Saturday.

Glad the CFL took my advice from a few years ago that the Argos' home opener should ALWAYS be against Hamilton to guarantee a good crowd.
    I see that too, granted I always use Ticketmaster online inventory with a grain of salt.

Still, showing about 50 tickets left. I would think the team would add additional inventory sooner.

If it's close to sellout, even against Hamilton would still be big leap forward. Home opener against the Ti-Cats in 2017 drew 13K and change.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I see that too, granted I always use Ticketmaster online inventory with a grain of salt.

Still, showing about 50 tickets left. I would think the team would add additional inventory sooner.

If it's close to sellout, even against Hamilton would still be big leap forward. Home opener against the Ti-Cats in 2017 drew 13K and change.
    What's a sellout now that they're no longer selling the Upper East Grandstand?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    What's a sellout now that they're no longer selling the Upper East Grandstand?
    I don't have an official number but my understanding is including suites, the capacity is just under 20K.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

I'm the same, take it with a grain of salt. The last couple of years you would see greyed out seats on the ticketmaster chart, it didn't mean that the seats were sold just that they weren't selling them at that time. It's likely that all the greyed out areas on the West side means they are trying to sell the seats on the east side facing the TV cameras first. Check back on Friday and you are likely to see more available.

I think that if they were close to a sell out the Argos would go out of their way to announce it.
    But it is against the Ticats and it's a Saturday game, a lot of fans from Hamilton should be there. Arkells, Bobble Heads and the Ticats could bring a big crowd

Capacity for CFL football was 26k, the East side upper deck seats 9k and it's blocked off. Therefore a sell out would be 17k

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    I'm the same, take it with a grain of salt. The last couple of years you would see greyed out seats on the ticketmaster chart, it didn't mean that the seats were sold just that they weren't selling them at that time. It's likely that all the greyed out areas on the West side means they are trying to sell the seats on the east side facing the TV cameras first. Check back on Friday and you are likely to see more available.

I think that if they were close to a sell out the Argos would go out of their way to announce it.
    But it is against the Ticats and it's a Saturday game, a lot of fans from Hamilton should be there. Arkells, Bobble Heads and the Ticats could bring a big crowd

Capacity for CFL football was 26k, the East side upper deck seats 9k and it's blocked off. Therefore a sell out would be 17k
    If tickets are still available anywhere in the stadium they need to be released now. They will lose business if people go to ticketmaster and see all grey. People will just think there are no tickets available and move on to something else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ticketmaster inventory has been updated and released in almost all sections, so not a sellout. Granted most sections are 'light blue' so we'll see how quick they move

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Ticketmaster inventory has been updated and released in almost all sections, so not a sellout. Granted most sections are 'light blue' so we'll see how quick they move
    Yep, just checked and all of a sudden seats available all over the stadium. Which proves you don't look at the ticketmaster chart for an Argos game and assume the greyed out areas are sold.
    I am guessing the crowd will be around 15k and that has nothing to do with the ticketmaster seating chart, just a guess based on the last couple of years and past bobblehead nights and the Ticats in town

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/toronto...OBBLE_05302019

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Based on Ticketmaster site, it looks like the west side of the stadium has sold plenty of tickets. East side sales look pretty good at this point too.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Our home opener is usually the highest attended regular season game.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Argos are giving away free tickets left right and center... i got 2 freebies given to me and have had 6 other tickets offered up through 2 different avenues ... its a papered house thats for sure!

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    not to mention stubhub starts at 10 bucks USD and u can easily get in for under 25 bucks CDN this weekend

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    not to mention stubhub starts at 10 bucks USD and u can easily get in for under 25 bucks CDN this weekend
    $10 on Stubhub is closer to $20 when all said and done. My seasons are around $30 a game and are right behind the bench, so don't know what point your trying to make here. Argos game are cheap? YES! They are and a fantastic way to spend your money. Spread the word.

You also mentioned in another thread that Leafs holders were offered some complimentary Tix to the opener. At $4000 year for Purples, I'm ok with that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    $10 on Stubhub is closer to $20 when all said and done. My seasons are around $30 a game and are right behind the bench, so don't know what point your trying to make here. Argos game are cheap? YES! They are and a fantastic way to spend your money. Spread the word.

You also mentioned in another thread that Leafs holders were offered some complimentary Tix to the opener. At $4000 year for Purples, I'm ok with that.
    Well said. I too am ok with the Leafs or Raptors ST holders getting freebies thrown their way.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The Argos should be giving free tickets left and right to local youth football leagues and local high school teams.

Hell, bring in York, U of Toronto and whatever other colleges are up there for a game in late July or early August.

(Note: If my colleges are incorrect, my excuse is I'm an American, haha)

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level

not that they are cheap, just i find it challenging we are already papering and giving seats away when last year it was said they wouldnt devalue tickets - now have these free tickets ed up on stubhub as for 10 or 12 bucks.greens are 550 next year a seat ... the thing is the resale value i get is usually double ... so ill spend 4 or 5.5k if it means making money happily

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    not that they are cheap, just i find it challenging we are already papering and giving seats away when last year it was said they wouldnt devalue tickets - now have these free tickets ed up on stubhub as for 10 or 12 bucks.greens are 550 next year a seat ... the thing is the resale value i get is usually double ... so ill spend 4 or 5.5k if it means making money happily
    Argos are in a challenging market. We all know that here. Just because you and some other MLSE clients got some comps doesn’t mean we all did. I didn’t. Anyone else that spent money on this game will get great value too. I don’t see what spouting off negatively about freebies accomplishes, aside from having an even further helping hand in decreasing sales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I get free Marlies tickets offers for being an Argo ST from time to time. I have no issue it being done through account holders of the other brands.

It's kind of like an unmentioned perk.

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I don’t see what spouting off negatively about freebies accomplishes, aside from having an even further helping hand in decreasing sales.
    Makes you wonder, doesn't it?