Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    not that they are cheap, just i find it challenging we are already papering and giving seats away when last year it was said they wouldnt devalue tickets - now have these free tickets ed up on stubhub as for 10 or 12 bucks.greens are 550 next year a seat ... the thing is the resale value i get is usually double ... so ill spend 4 or 5.5k if it means making money happily
    Pardon me if I'm misinterpreting this, are you a scalper?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    Pardon me if I'm misinterpreting this, are you a scalper?
    Or a Troll?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    No idea if Ticketmaster is correct, but looks like there will be a good crowd Saturday.

Glad the CFL took my advice from a few years ago that the Argos' home opener should ALWAYS be against Hamilton to guarantee a good crowd.
    Lol, yeah nothing like getting your ass kicked at home by your arch rival to start of a new season!
    :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Lol, yeah nothing like getting your ass kicked at home by your arch rival to start of a new season!
    :-)
    You're missing the point, but whatever.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I purchased a ticket to the pre-season game last week and it was electronic only. My phone could not open the link they sent, so I got my money back. For air travel, I print my boarding passes every time. Like I say, I will never trust a phone. I also never remember to keep it charged. No problem with paper. Works every single time. There are still people who don't carry a phone, so hopefully the paper option will always be around.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Argofan1 is correct about the pre season game. I thought I had the option to print as well but I was wrong. I have a wallet on my phone so it wasn’t an issue for me, but there are still a lot of people that don’t believe in or need cell phones. So strictly electronic is a bs way of doing things. Almost as if they are working with the phone companies to force people to buy expensive phones.
    Well I (we) certainly had a lesson learned about electronic tickets. This likely will never be an issue for an Argos game but on a whim, my boyfriend bought us tickets to the Arkells concert last night during the football game. Obviously since we were at the game we could not print out the tickets and had to go with electronic tickets. All went well getting into Budweiser stage and getting to our seats. Then my boyfriend's phone died. No big deal, we were into the concert. Que when we leave our section to go get a drink...and try to return to our seats. Phone was dead so we couldn't show our tickets. The security argued with us for about 10 minutes telling us that we could not go back to our seats because we could not show our tickets. And on top of that we couldn't stand at the top of our section because they had to keep the aisle way clear. I'm not sure where we were supposed to go to watch the remainder of the concert? Even the senior security manager was involved and was denying us. Finally a junior came up with the suggestion that he take us to our seats (as we were telling them the exact section, row and seat numbers from the beginning) and see if anyone there would verify that we had already indeed been in those seats. Fortunately that is exactly what happened. Had it not been for the people around us verifying that we had been there earlier I am not sure what would have happened. Anyway, lesson is that if you have electronic tickets make sure that your phone is well charged to last you the entire event (and not just the beginning of the event) or if possible, always carry a paper copy just in case!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    You're missing the point, but whatever.
    Was joking, apologies if that wasn't clear.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Well I (we) certainly had a lesson learned about electronic tickets. This likely will never be an issue for an Argos game but on a whim, my boyfriend bought us tickets to the Arkells concert last night during the football game. Obviously since we were at the game we could not print out the tickets and had to go with electronic tickets. All went well getting into Budweiser stage and getting to our seats. Then my boyfriend's phone died. No big deal, we were into the concert. Que when we leave our section to go get a drink...and try to return to our seats. Phone was dead so we couldn't show our tickets. The security argued with us for about 10 minutes telling us that we could not go back to our seats because we could not show our tickets. And on top of that we couldn't stand at the top of our section because they had to keep the aisle way clear. I'm not sure where we were supposed to go to watch the remainder of the concert? Even the senior security manager was involved and was denying us. Finally a junior came up with the suggestion that he take us to our seats (as we were telling them the exact section, row and seat numbers from the beginning) and see if anyone there would verify that we had already indeed been in those seats. Fortunately that is exactly what happened. Had it not been for the people around us verifying that we had been there earlier I am not sure what would have happened. Anyway, lesson is that if you have electronic tickets make sure that your phone is well charged to last you the entire event (and not just the beginning of the event) or if possible, always carry a paper copy just in case!!
    That sucks, another possible solution is to forward the Etickets so they're on 2 Phones.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    carry a small power bank on a day out

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Was joking, apologies if that wasn't clear.
    It's my bad, I didn't pick up the sarcasm. Considering I'm a sarcastic sob, I should have. haha.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That sucks, another possible solution is to forward the Etickets so they're on 2 Phones.
    That's a good idea to try in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    carry a small power bank on a day out
    If we knew that we were going to need the phone all day we would have either tried to preserve the battery power (i.e. use it less) or thought about bringing a power supply. Ordinarily, neither one of us is so tied to our phones that we care if it lasts all day or not. The tickets were bought on a whim hence we just weren't planning on needing the phone all day. But yes, this is a valid suggestion.

The idea that popped into my head yesterday is that perhaps venues can issue wrist bands or stamps once you enter your section that will allow your return...that way you don't have to rely on holding on to your tickets...some of us lose things easily, even if they are paper lol. I am sure that we are not the first people nor the last to suddenly not have ticket access during the event due to a phone that no longer has power or a lost paper ticket.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Also, take a battery pack with you to charge the phone.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227