Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    This isn't really the right thread for this but what the hell, I read it in a 3DN story about CC's hiring:

Bethel Thompson: 2-6 as a starter (not that I buy that stat), completed 65 per cent of his passes for 2,007 yards with nine touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Franklin: 2-6 as a starter, completed 65 per cent of his passes for 2,034 yards, eight touchdowns and nine interceptions.

No wonder there was so much arguing about their merits on here: they are basically identical (except Franklin runs a good short-yardage package and is three years younger).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    With the amount of Argonauts players that are publicly commenting on Chamblin's hire, you have to believe they got the best guy for this group. I'm excited to see a new defensive philosophy.

Now that the head coach is tied up with defensive responsibilities, it's seems the Argos have an Offensive Coordinator position available where full control is going to be given. Sounds like an attractive job, no?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    This isn't really the right thread for this but what the hell, I read it in a 3DN story about CC's hiring:

Bethel Thompson: 2-6 as a starter (not that I buy that stat), completed 65 per cent of his passes for 2,007 yards with nine touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Franklin: 2-6 as a starter, completed 65 per cent of his passes for 2,034 yards, eight touchdowns and nine interceptions.

No wonder there was so much arguing about their merits on here: they are basically identical (except Franklin runs a good short-yardage package and is three years younger).
    Easy choice there Paul, Franklin’s passing yards dwarfed MBT’s!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    A question I would have liked to ask Jim Popp is how soon could he start negotiating with the first round pick for 2019. I'm sure he wouldn't say who they are going to pick even though Matt Betts is the only choice IMO. But we're not talking Mason Woods here, but a player who could be a star in the League for many years. Start wining and dining. Leaf games, Raptor games. A good signing bonus and salary. Give it your best shot Jim.

Believe i read some of the Riderfans posters' during Chamblin's tenure there surmise he had a pretty dim view of Canadian talent and on the D side of the ball in particular ? If that is the case he might not have that much use for Betts- a Canadian playing DE where imports are preferred/favored? Might be happy with only a couple of NI D players - Laing at DT and maybe Gabriel at safety ?

I wouldn't be opposed to a good trade for the 1st overall pick - get a starter at a position of need in exchange?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Corey had his ups and downs in Saskatchewan. Overall, I am satisfied (but not ecstatic) by his signing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This should help Franklin have his breakout season this year. After 6 seasons get an OC that can adapt rather than dogma coaches that forces QB's into their system.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Great hire! Although of course Damien Cox makes it seem like something strange going on in his Star article today. Always positive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Great hire! Although of course Damien Cox makes it seem like something strange going on in his Star article today. Always positive.
    Yeah, I found the tone of that article to be kind of odd. Once I found it buried on the Star site, that is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    To cut to the chase: good signing. Onward and upward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I can hardly wait to see who the OC will be.
    That will be crucial and will determine the offensive philosophy not to mention the excitement level, as I pray the dunk and dink is history.
    Chamblin talked yesterday at the press conference about having an "explosive offence". I think that we will see a much different look on offence compared to what we have seen the past few years.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Believe i read some of the Riderfans posters' during Chamblin's tenure there surmise he had a pretty dim view of Canadian talent and on the D side of the ball in particular ? If that is the case he might not have that much use for Betts- a Canadian playing DE where imports are preferred/favored? Might be happy with only a couple of NI D players - Laing at DT and maybe Gabriel at safety ?

I wouldn't be opposed to a good trade for the 1st overall pick - get a starter at a position of need in exchange?
    Chamblin played a number of Canadians on the 2017 defence, including the likes of Gaydosh, Finley, and Robert Woodson so I am not too concerned about this.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Chamblin played a number of Canadians on the 2017 defence, including the likes of Gaydosh, Finley, and Robert Woodson so I am not too concerned about this.

Yeah - he did give Finley a shot and he played well IMO (curious he did not seem to play near as much this past season); Woodson did not play that much in 2017 that i recall - more spot duty and i believe he had more D playing time last season; and vet Matt Black came back after being cut and ended up a GC hero.

Different story with a HC vs. a DC though Ravi - way more say for the former; we shall see this season. I can pretty well guarantee you (or i'll bet anyways) it will be 7 only need apply with this guy as HC; and if it's only 2 on defence and DE is not one of the spots, I really doubt they would use 1st overall on a DE in Betts like doubleblue was saying is a good idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Figure we will keep coaching staff discussions in this thread as well... per Dunk... Dinwiddie turned down the OC position... weird that he would take the interview if not interested in actually accepting the job. Does Dinwiddie getting the initial offer impact potentially hiring Condell?

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/15/argos-offer-offensive-coordinator-job-to-ryan-dinwiddie-elects-to-stay-with-stamps/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Figure we will keep coaching staff discussions in this thread as well... per Dunk... Dinwiddie turned down the OC position... weird that he would take the interview if not interested in actually accepting the job. Does Dinwiddie getting the initial offer impact potentially hiring Condell?

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/15/argos-offer-offensive-coordinator-job-to-ryan-dinwiddie-elects-to-stay-with-stamps/

Good question. Maybe Condell himself informed the team he would not be returning which is the reason Dinwiddie was interviewed in the first place? Hopefully, whoever ends up as OC is hired sooner rather than later.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If it's true that Dinwiddie was offered the OC job, I'd say there's no chance Condell comes back in any capacity. Whether that's by his choice or the team's is something we will probably never find out.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If it's true that Dinwiddie was offered the OC job, I'd say there's no chance Condell comes back in any capacity. Whether that's by his choice or the team's is something we will probably never find out.
    The Argos and/or Condell must have decided to move on from each other, no turning back now IMO.
    Hopefully the Argos find a suitable OC soon and don’t have to settle for a “compromise” hire.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    With Dinwiddie turning down the job, and Condell possibly moving on, what OC candidates are left?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    With Dinwiddie turning down the job, and Condell possibly moving on, what OC candidates are left?
    Good question, looking at other CFL teams coaches I’m really not sure who would be a viable candidate at this time.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Good question, looking at other CFL teams coaches I’m really not sure who would be a viable candidate at this time.
    Maybe Carson Walsh, who did a nice job in Edmonton but left to coach receivers in Philadelphia could become available after the NFL season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I thought Corey had a 3 year contract but in the press conference he mentions being here for the next couple of years. So he is owed only one more year and Jim Popp's contract is up. So maybe Bill Manning will be taking a good long look at the idea of going in a different direction for next year.
    I had been in the bring them back corner and find a QB somehow. I don't believe Bill Manning wants to be known for firing a Head Coach two years in a row and have to keep paying them not to coach. So there is going to be some tough decisions to make this off season. Always easy to say "fire the Coach and fire the GM" but then comes the hard part of finding somebody better.