Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Benevedes would have been available.
    In theory, but we already have most defensive coaches under contract and are going to have to honour those contracts under the new cap. I don't think there was financial room to hire a DC from outside EXCEPT if he is also head coach.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    In theory, but we already have most defensive coaches under contract and are going to have to honour those contracts under the new cap. I don't think there was financial room to hire a DC from outside EXCEPT if he is also head coach.
    http://3downnation.com/2018/12/10/ni...orey-chamblin/

Goodbye and good luck - all of the Offensive Coaches from last year; sadly Calvillo included it seems. He has confirmed as the DC. Archer gets the demotion back to LB's coach.

“I don’t think there’s any offensive coaches on the staff right now so it’s a blank slate. When I look across the league, there’s several guys who can come in and fill that role,” Chamblin said.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    A question I would have liked to ask Jim Popp is how soon could he start negotiating with the first round pick for 2019. I'm sure he wouldn't say who they are going to pick even though Matt Betts is the only choice IMO. But we're not talking Mason Woods here, but a player who could be a star in the League for many years. Start wining and dining. Leaf games, Raptor games. A good signing bonus and salary. Give it your best shot Jim.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    A question I would have liked to ask Jim Popp is how soon could he start negotiating with the first round pick for 2019. I'm sure he wouldn't say who they are going to pick even though Matt Betts is the only choice IMO. But we're not talking Mason Woods here, but a player who could be a star in the League for many years. Start wining and dining. Leaf games, Raptor games. A good signing bonus and salary. Give it your best shot Jim.

Believe i read some of the Riderfans posters' during Chamblin's tenure there surmise he had a pretty dim view of Canadian talent and on the D side of the ball in particular ? If that is the case he might not have that much use for Betts- a Canadian playing DE where imports are preferred/favored? Might be happy with only a couple of NI D players - Laing at DT and maybe Gabriel at safety ?

I wouldn't be opposed to a good trade for the 1st overall pick - get a starter at a position of need in exchange?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Believe i read some of the Riderfans posters' during Chamblin's tenure there surmise he had a pretty dim view of Canadian talent and on the D side of the ball in particular ? If that is the case he might not have that much use for Betts- a Canadian playing DE where imports are preferred/favored? Might be happy with only a couple of NI D players - Laing at DT and maybe Gabriel at safety ?

I wouldn't be opposed to a good trade for the 1st overall pick - get a starter at a position of need in exchange?
    Chamblin played a number of Canadians on the 2017 defence, including the likes of Gaydosh, Finley, and Robert Woodson so I am not too concerned about this.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Chamblin played a number of Canadians on the 2017 defence, including the likes of Gaydosh, Finley, and Robert Woodson so I am not too concerned about this.

Yeah - he did give Finley a shot and he played well IMO (curious he did not seem to play near as much this past season); Woodson did not play that much in 2017 that i recall - more spot duty and i believe he had more D playing time last season; and vet Matt Black came back after being cut and ended up a GC hero.

Different story with a HC vs. a DC though Ravi - way more say for the former; we shall see this season. I can pretty well guarantee you (or i'll bet anyways) it will be 7 only need apply with this guy as HC; and if it's only 2 on defence and DE is not one of the spots, I really doubt they would use 1st overall on a DE in Betts like doubleblue was saying is a good idea.