Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

New Year's resolutions..

It's that time of year again, and although most people break them anyway, I thought I'd ask you what your Argo New Year's resolutions are. Do a serious one and a funny one if you're up to it.

My serious ones are simple. I resolve to work as hard as I can to spread the Argo gospel and try to do the best I can to make attending a game at BMO Field as much fun as humanly possible. I will act as a liaison between fans and management whenever I can. I will wear Argo gear in public whenever I can to make sure people think about us as often as possible.

On a lighter note...I will try to grow my hair like Declan Cross. I will try to avoid breaking into Jim Popp's North Carolina drawl at all times. I will attempt to shrink Chris Schultz so we have more room in the broadcast booth.

The floor is yours. Have fun, but I'm anxious to see your serious resolutions.

Happy New Year!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Reading Mike Hogan’s post got me thinking:
    I’ve been spreading the Argo message for over 40 years (I’m sure many others on this site have as well).
    I remember my father taking me to my first Argo game in around 1977 and I was hooked, the Argonauts were a lousy team in that era but my father lived and died with them and always had hope they’d rebound to glory (thanks OB)!
    Fast forward a few years and I’d skip high school dances and nights out with my friends to attend games with my father (around 1982) and looking back I wouldn’t change a thing, wonderful times indeed!
    I’ve been asked countless times over the years who my favourite sports team is and enjoy the look of shock and confusion when I repond that the only team I really follow is the Argonauts, I used to get pissed off and argue with CFL detractors but I now simply respond that they don’t know what they are missing by not attending CFL games, ignorance is bliss for some I guess.
    Listening to Toronto sports radio the likes of Hogan and Michael Landsberg (2 unabashed Argo fans) gives hope that the message will continue to be preached in the Toronto market, I’m convinced there are indeed a lot of Argo fans out there who simply don’t attend games but are interested in them.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Reading Mike Hogan’s post got me thinking:
    I’ve been spreading the Argo message for over 40 years (I’m sure many others on this site have as well).
    I remember my father taking me to my first Argo game in around 1977 and I was hooked, the Argonauts were a lousy team in that era but my father lived and died with them and always had hope they’d rebound to glory (thanks OB)!
    Fast forward a few years and I’d skip high school dances and nights out with my friends to attend games with my father (around 1982) and looking back I wouldn’t change a thing, wonderful times indeed!
    I’ve been asked countless times over the years who my favourite sports team is and enjoy the look of shock and confusion when I repond that the only team I really follow is the Argonauts, I used to get pissed off and argue with CFL detractors but I now simply respond that they don’t know what they are missing by not attending CFL games, ignorance is bliss for some I guess.
    Listening to Toronto sports radio the likes of Hogan and Michael Landsberg (2 unabashed Argo fans) gives hope that the message will continue to be preached in the Toronto market, I’m convinced there are indeed a lot of Argo fans out there who simply don’t attend games but are interested in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Serious note: be better at rolling with it, not overreacting to wins or losses but just enjoying both the good and the bad. whether watching at BMO Field or at home on the couch, life could be worse than having a few pints and watching football.

More chirping of my ticat buddies of their 20th year anniversary season

No lighter stuff here – all business all the time! lol

2 thumbs up from me on these.

I will try and call less people idiot this year. That should last about an hour.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    My New Year's resolution is to try and not be as reactive (in the moment) on social media to whatever is going on in the game. That means trying to wait until the game is over, digesting its results before reacting.

Not so serious resolution, try and avoid my bad Chris Jones' southern drawl I guess.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Serious note: be better at rolling with it, not overreacting to wins or losses but just enjoying both the good and the bad. whether watching at BMO Field or at home on the couch, life could be worse than having a few pints and watching football.

More chirping of my ticat buddies of their 20th year anniversary season

No lighter stuff here – all business all the time! lol