Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    As much as I like cheap concessions, if tickets are cheapest in league, wouldn't something have to be higher in costs? Lower concessions, increase ticket price. Lower tickets, have higher margin on concessions. With tickets being as low as they are, I think suggesting to lower concessions is a lost cause. One could argue, more would buy, but the NFL (like Atlanta) also has more attendance and higher entry price to get in in the first place. With tickets as is, I'm happy with everything else as is. Of course, I would love cheap concessions but for what I'm paying per ticket, do I really have a right to complain and expect any less?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The teams that have tried this were all surprised that they made more profit by lowering prices.
    The NFL concessions were busy too. I don't eat gummy bears so not worried at all.
    MLSE are the masters of generating profit, I’m sure they have studied every angle in doing so.
    Don’t hold your breath waiting for this strategy to come to BMO.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    As much as I like cheap concessions, if tickets are cheapest in league, wouldn't something have to be higher in costs? Lower concessions, increase ticket price. Lower tickets, have higher margin on concessions. With tickets being as low as they are, I think suggesting to lower concessions is a lost cause. One could argue, more would buy, but the NFL (like Atlanta) also has more attendance and higher entry price to get in in the first place. With tickets as is, I'm happy with everything else as is. Of course, I would love cheap concessions but for what I'm paying per ticket, do I really have a right to complain and expect any less?
    Bingo!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes we know, anyone who disagrees with you is a whiner. MLSE is perfect and can do no wrong. The Argonauts are perfect and can do no wrong. Any who disagree are whiners.

Is that about right?
    No that's not right. It's this constant complaining for the team to give the patrons more than they already do. Cheapest ticket prices by a mile. I don't drink anymore, but $5 beers. What more do you want?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No that's not right. It's this constant complaining for the team to give the patrons more than they already do. Cheapest ticket prices by a mile. I don't drink anymore, but $5 beers. What more do you want?
    I would like MLSE to stop gouging their fans on concession prices. I believe that if they do that they will actually generate more profit on concessions like the MLS & NFL teams mentioned in the article have.

More importantly they will have happier fans and another incentive to get off the couch and attend in person. I want to do everything possible to draw more fans to the stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I would like MLSE to stop gouging their fans on concession prices. I believe that if they do that they will actually generate more profit on concessions like the MLS & NFL teams mentioned in the article have.

More importantly they will have happier fans and another incentive to get off the couch and attend in person. I want to do everything possible to draw more fans to the stadium.
    Pick your poison on this one Neely, very inexpensive ticket prices or discounted concessions (you can’t have both).
    You have to get fans to the stadium first then you can make money on your concessions, discounted concession in an empty stadium will help no one.
    Lower ticket prices are a savings for all fans, choosing eat or drink at the stadium is an optional expense.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Pick your poison on this one Neely, very inexpensive ticket prices or discounted concessions (you can’t have both).
    You have to get fans to the stadium first then you can make money on your concessions, discounted concession in an empty stadium will help no one.
    Lower ticket prices are a savings for all fans, choosing eat or drink at the stadium is an optional expense.
    As proven by the MLS Teams in the article you most certainly can have both. MLSE spends more on one Raptors starter than the entire Argonauts team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As proven by the MLS Teams in the article you most certainly can have both. MLSE spends more on one Raptors starter than the entire Argonauts team.
    Leafs and Raptors revenues are driven by gate revenue, merchandise sales and massive TV rights contracts hence they can afford the salaries they pay these players.
    Maple Leaf and Raptor ticket prices are certainly not cheap but demand is such that the tickets are sold out anyway, the Argonauts have none of these luxuries at their disposal.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Leafs and Raptors revenues are driven by gate revenue, merchandise sales and massive TV rights contracts hence they can afford the salaries they pay these players.
    Maple Leaf and Raptor ticket prices are certainly not cheap but demand is such that the tickets are sold out anyway, the Argonauts have none of these luxuries at their disposal.
    And the MLS Soccer Teams mentioned in the article?

The Argonauts are owned by MLSE so they now have all of those luxuries at their disposal.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Can't really compare the Argos with any other MLSE team. TFC is the closest but do better at the gate, plus more games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Your anti MLSE agenda comes out again. So what are the concession prices at Bruins games?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Just out of sheer curiosity, when the Argos played at the Dome, I would slam down a sausage on a bun outside the stadium before the game . Is there a city by law that prohibits those vendors from setting up outside of BMO? How I miss that smell before the game....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Your anti MLSE agenda comes out again. So what are the concession prices at Bruins games?
    Still upset about the last 2 Bruins vs. leafs playoff series I see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity, when the Argos played at the Dome, I would slam down a sausage on a bun outside the stadium before the game . Is there a city by law that prohibits those vendors from setting up outside of BMO? How I miss that smell before the game....
    I don't think there is anything prohibiting it as sometimes there are Food Trucks just outside of Exhibition GO Station during Argonauts games.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Can't really compare the Argos with any other MLSE team. TFC is the closest but do better at the gate, plus more games.
    Some say that the quality of food and the prices at the arena are superior to anywhere else. The prices don't look that bad to me.

https://www.scotiabankarena.com/plan.../food-beverage
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle26419853/

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the city own BMO stadium and responsible for the maintenance and the contract for concessions, not MLSE?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    Some say that the quality of food and the prices at the arena are superior to anywhere else. The prices don't look that bad to me.

https://www.scotiabankarena.com/plan.../food-beverage
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle26419853/

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the city own BMO stadium and responsible for the maintenance and the contract for concessions, not MLSE?
    The City owns BMO Field but MLSE is responsible for running everything, including the concessions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm OK with the concession prices. What I wish they'd work on is the crowding in front of the concession stands. Especially at halftime it can be really hard to move around. (This complaint is not intended to suggest that too many people are coming to the games :-)
    Faster + Louder = Better

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    But the millenials in the GTA don't see the CFL as "major" league. You can offer them cheap tickets, cheap beer, concerts by Rappers etc but they aren't buying it.
    Then why do they go to TFC games, that's a helluva lot farther from "major league" than the CFL. MLS is not even the best league in North America, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Aside from "CFLfans" usual "Tword"ing, I am actually serious about this. How does TFC draw when it's crap, and the CFL with it's great tradition becomes the GTA whipping boy. It's just so strange to me that people would want to bring a hometown team down and actively campaign to that end, can someone explain this to me.

That BS argument about "bush league" "minor league" is only offered by poseurs. If people really only wanted the best there wouldn't be an MLS, women's sports, Japanese baseball, Italian soccer, PGA European Golf Tour, I could go on and on. It's bullshit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    Then why do they go to TFC games, that's a helluva lot farther from "major league" than the CFL. MLS is not even the best league in North America, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Aside from "CFLfans" usual "Tword"ing, I am actually serious about this. How does TFC draw when it's crap, and the CFL with it's great tradition becomes the GTA whipping boy. It's just so strange to me that people would want to bring a hometown team down and actively campaign to that end, can someone explain this to me.

That BS argument about "bush league" "minor league" is only offered by poseurs. If people really only wanted the best there wouldn't be an MLS, women's sports, Japanese baseball, Italian soccer, PGA European Golf Tour, I could go on and on. It's bullshit.
    MLSE has stated and Argo brass have stated that the "Argos" brand has been severely damaged in the GTA. They also said it will take 10 years+ to fix it. They are 1 year and 1/17th into the process.

You're right on about "bush league" "minor league" being BS. I'll also add wannabee'ism to the BS list. Just lame dogmatic excuses.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    MLSE are the masters of generating profit, I’m sure they have studied every angle in doing so.
    Don’t hold your breath waiting for this strategy to come to BMO.
    Half agree and disagree. They are masters of generating profit. Thus if this concession trend proves to be more profitable ... MLSE will be on it. But they won't be the pioneer to test the theory out on a smaller venue.