Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Brandon Bridge to sign with the Argos

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/23/c...toronto-argos/

I personally thought they'd go with a veteran, but as free agency went on, their options there weren't great.

Bridge still has a long way to go to in his development.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I guess we aren't getting Lulay (too bad), Ray is done or going to Edmonton (too bad) and we aren't interested in Glenn (oh well). I don't see Bridge as a guy who can be counted on to win games in the event of an injury to Franklin, but maybe this is the year he starts to figure things out. He did show tantalizing potential at times two years ago, but really regressed last year for whatever reason.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well, he is a name in the cfl, not a big name though.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Nice pickup. I hope he proves all the negative people on here wrong and is a more than suitable backup. I will be excited to see what he can do in the pre-season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I preferred Lulay; a guy who could come in an win a game if it wasn't rolling with Franklin. Also a player who can keep you in the "W" column if option 1 gets hurt.
    Bridge has lots of raw talent. He'll be good on the short yardage team. He's a little wooden. We'll see if they can polish that stone. And, as it lines up, I'd be more inclined to see want to see McBeth in camp now. Let them all battle it out for the 2nd spot.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Banned
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    https://3downnation.com/2019/02/23/c...toronto-argos/

I personally thought they'd go with a veteran, but as free agency went on, their options there weren't great.

Bridge still has a long way to go to in his development.
    very good news indeed !
    bridge is a very good #2 for franklin and blocking schemes dont change
    local boy comes home !

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I guess we aren't getting Lulay (too bad), Ray is done or going to Edmonton (too bad) and we aren't interested in Glenn (oh well). I don't see Bridge as a guy who can be counted on to win games in the event of an injury to Franklin, but maybe this is the year he starts to figure things out. He did show tantalizing potential at times two years ago, but really regressed last year for whatever reason.
    I think they will push each other

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Bridge has excellent athletic ability. If nothing else, he would make an very good 3rd down and one QB. Does he have the potential to become an effective QB--the jury is very much still out on that. But---he is an intriguing prospect.

If the rumour that there will be a change to the status of Canadian QB's, this could be a very good signing. However, that is only speculation at this time.

It does, more likely than not, mean the end of BTM's chances of making the team. If Franklin can show he can be an effective first string QB, the team should be OK but the offense must be designed to take advantages of his skills and strengths. In any case it makes for an interesting training camp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    I like this signing. Bridge has a lot of up side as far as I'm concerned. Got size, good arm and can run so there is a lot to work with there. Not concerned he had a bit of a down turn last year. You see it all the time, after teams get some video on young players they start to shut down some of the things they were doing. There are some very good defensive backs in this league. So then it's time for the QB Coaches to help them out, get back to basics and coach them up.
    Same thing happened to Jennings in BC and who I expect to rebound some what this year in Ottawa.
    Bridge as the #2 guy and counting as a National gives Chamblin another DI to play with.
    Popp and Chamblin are making some very good moves this off season IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like this signing. For me, I want to see the Argos play more aggressively in all three phases. Bridge exhibits this attitude and him being a local boy is also a special story.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    if the ratio rules DO NOT change is there some way for argos to designate bridge as a slotback [give him 1st play/game at slotback] to skirt the ratio rule ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Bridge as the #2 guy and counting as a National gives Chamblin another DI to play with.
    Not unless the rules changes. Nationality is irrelevant for QBs under the current rules -- teams can dress 21 NATs, 20 INTs and 3 QBs of any nationality. So no extra DI if a QB is a NAT.

For the record, I'll be very surprised if the rule on this is changed to (in theory) make it beneficial for teams to dress NAT QBs. There simply aren't enough NAT QBs to go around at this point, and teams without one would not support giving an advantage to teams that have one. (And also for the record, I am on record as believing that teams should be signing and developing NAT QBs, regardless of roster rules.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good luck to him. I still don’t think he is accurate enough to be a legit starter, but he can be lightning in a bottle for short term fixes. I expect he will be in a battle with Prukop to see you who’s #2. I also would not be surprised to see MBT moved or released before camp.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    TWO Canadian QBs for Argo TC ??? - that's just whacked/insane = WTF is Popp thinking ? A new CBA rule change is going to give some bonus to a team that carries one of these inferior Canadian QBs, and Popp would have a leg up or an extra to trade ?

New page in Argo history - a CFL team that has historically had little to zero use for a Canadian QB (hey, they did draft Dan Fereday back in the 80s; and let Brannagan sit on the PR all of one season , including playing a few downs in garbage time in a meaningless game). This is historic !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not really a fan of this signing as I don't see Bridge as a viable option after Franklin, and as I recall Popp and Chaps gave up on him once already. I suppose with time and coaching Bridge can evolve under a coach like Chapdelaine (who IMO is heads above McAdoo), but we shall see. One or two of Bridge, Bethel-Thompson, Prukop, and Picton probably won't last around here after TC, so I think this is Bridge's last chance. I also think with this signing that Bethel-Thompson and Prukop have been put on notice.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Not really a fan of this signing as I don't see Bridge as a viable option after Franklin, and as I recall Popp and Chaps gave up on him once already. I suppose with time and coaching Bridge can evolve under a coach like Chapdelaine (who IMO is heads above McAdoo), but we shall see. One or two of Bridge, Bethel-Thompson, Prukop, and Picton probably won't last around here after TC, so I think this is Bridge's last chance. I also think with this signing that Bethel-Thompson and Prukop have been put on notice.
    macbeth is terrible and cannot throw downfield nor run
    recall franklin refused to sign an extension
    bridge only signed a 1 yr contract - is a better runner that franklin but a worse passer
    which may mean argos are without come 2020
    then again we shall see what popp has up his sleeve

i think bridge plays a similar style to franklin which means play calling can stay pretty much the same - easy for players to change from 1 qb to the other
    which dovetails well w/ coach cc's view of a smaller playbook
    i hope the play calling of the oc who is also qb coah are far more aggressive
    running qbs should be a feature of this offence - both franklin and bridge are very good runners
    would love to see a play w/ 2 running qb - wonder what the defence would do ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I think Bethel-Thompson has been put on notice but I don't think Prukop has. Prukop hasn't really had an opportunity to prove himself yet, Bethel-Thompson has.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    bridge only signed a 1 yr contract - is a better runner that franklin but a worse passer

i think bridge plays a similar style to franklin which means play calling can stay pretty much the same - easy for players to change from 1 qb to the other
    running qbs should be a feature of this offence - both franklin and bridge are very good runners
    The shift key and the period are your friends.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The shift key and the period are your friends.
    wow...... more concerned about punctuation than the words - well everyone has to have a hobby i guess
    typing 1 handed kinda makes shift key difficult, but go ahead and criticize punctuation......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post

Franklin is a much more polished QB in all aspects of the game, he has a good arm, has exhibited some decent touch when needed and has decent mobility.
    Bridge has a very strong arm and is mobile but he is much more raw in his skills, not overjoyed by this signing TBH but let’s see how things go.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions