Maybe he could backup Noel as a receiver 😝

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    wow...... more concerned about punctuation than the words - well everyone has to have a hobby i guess
    typing 1 handed kinda makes shift key difficult, but go ahead and criticize punctuation......
    Sorry to hear about the one hand thing. I've commented on your words before as well, and I will again if you say things you haven't already said repeatedly.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the one hand thing. I've commented on your words before as well, and I will again if you say things you haven't already said repeatedly.
    which part of " The shift key and the period are your friends."
    comments on my words ?

Last edited by john; 02-24-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    which part of " The shift key and the period are your friends."
    comments on my words ?

Must have missed the word "before"?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Not unless the rules changes. Nationality is irrelevant for QBs under the current rules -- teams can dress 21 NATs, 20 INTs and 3 QBs of any nationality. So no extra DI if a QB is a NAT.

For the record, I'll be very surprised if the rule on this is changed to (in theory) make it beneficial for teams to dress NAT QBs. There simply aren't enough NAT QBs to go around at this point, and teams without one would not support giving an advantage to teams that have one. (And also for the record, I am on record as believing that teams should be signing and developing NAT QBs, regardless of roster rules.)
    IMO, if the Argonauts are serious about developing a CDN QB then I think they should draft Michael O'Connor out of UBC. I just don't see Bridge or Picton as long term assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I think Bethel-Thompson has been put on notice but I don't think Prukop has. Prukop hasn't really had an opportunity to prove himself yet, Bethel-Thompson has.
    Without question Bethel-Thompson has been put on notice. I included Prukop because this will be his 3rd year with the team, and now's the time to push for the #2 spot, and maybe even some playing time. Prukop has one big advantage over the others in regards to sticking around, and that's he's not only willing, but also pretty good on Special Teams. No matter the situation, Popp (just like any other GM) will continue to bring in young QB's, and at some point Prukop will no longer be viable as the #3 IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Franklin is a much more polished QB in all aspects of the game, he has a good arm, has exhibited some decent touch when needed and has decent mobility.
    Bridge has a very strong arm and is mobile but he is much more raw in his skills, not overjoyed by this signing TBH but let’s see how things go.
    Argos now have a QB who can't throw deep (Bethel-Thompson), and a QB who can't throw short-mid range (Bridge). A couple of things not to overlook are that Prukop is just as athletic as Bridge (Prukop has run under a 4.6 40 yard), and that Franklin while mobile, is "slow". Essentially, Franklin's running ability actually stems from his ability to know when to run - his College Coach brought up in a interview that Franklin wasn't the quickest guy, but always seemed to know how to make big gains with his legs. Franklin himself has acknowledged his lack of foot speed, and that he'd actually prefer not to run around.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    I like Bridge, a good move to sign him.
    I like his pocket presence has good wheels and likes to scramble and make things happen.
    But his unorthodox weird throwing style even though he throws fastballs for sure, is a concern and at best it is average.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    IMO, if the Argonauts are serious about developing a CDN QB then I think they should draft Michael O'Connor out of UBC. I just don't see Bridge or Picton as long term assets.

Without question Bethel-Thompson has been put on notice. I included Prukop because this will be his 3rd year with the team, and now's the time to push for the #2 spot, and maybe even some playing time. Prukop has one big advantage over the others in regards to sticking around, and that's he's not only willing, but also pretty good on Special Teams. No matter the situation, Popp (just like any other GM) will continue to bring in young QB's, and at some point Prukop will no longer be viable as the #3 IMO.

Argos now have a QB who can't throw deep (Bethel-Thompson), and a QB who can't throw short-mid range (Bridge). A couple of things not to overlook are that Prukop is just as athletic as Bridge (Prukop has run under a 4.6 40 yard), and that Franklin while mobile, is "slow". Essentially, Franklin's running ability actually stems from his ability to know when to run - his College Coach brought up in a interview that Franklin wasn't the quickest guy, but always seemed to know how to make big gains with his legs. Franklin himself has acknowledged his lack of foot speed, and that he'd actually prefer not to run around.
    Let’s hope Chapdelaine gives Prukop a good look in camp, is he good enough.....who knows at this point, haven’t seen enough of him to truly say.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Let’s hope Chapdelaine gives Prukop a good look in camp, is he good enough.....who knows at this point, haven’t seen enough of him to truly say.
    Agreed. I was saying last year near the end of the season when it was obvious we would not make the playoffs, the stubborn Trestman should have given him a start.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Agreed. I was saying last year near the end of the season when it was obvious we would not make the playoffs, the stubborn Trestman should have given him a start.
    There was a litany of errors made last season amongst them staying with MBT too long while ignoring guys like Franklin and to a lesser extent Prukop.
    Argos had an opportunity to see some of these players under actual regular season conditions instead of in training camp or preseason games against a bunch of players who will not even be in the league when camp ends.
    Another aspect that AngeloV has previously touched on was the lack of contact drills in camp last year, difficult to evaluate players in tackle football when you don’t actually know if they can tackle.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    I have always thought that in 18 season games there are far too many times [losing by a lot or winning by a lot or meaningless games] to NOT give 2nd, 3rd string QBs as many snaps as possible so
    1. coaches can see them, play under game conditions
    2. QBs are ready to get the ball in case starter goes down or starter just isn't cutting it that game

if coaches make this very clear in camp, that the welfare of the team is the most important thing not the ego of the QB, I believe the QBs can handle it
    I think that argos losing out on the MBT sweepstakes will be seen as a blessing in disguise
    wins will truly be 'team wins'

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    IM Franklin's running ability actually stems from his ability to know when to run - his College Coach brought up in a interview that Franklin wasn't the quickest guy, but always seemed to know how to make big gains with his legs. Franklin himself has acknowledged his lack of foot speed, and that he'd actually prefer not to run around.
    I'll add to that by saying that Franklin is also a very strong runner, and unlike a lot of QB's, easily breaks arm tackles.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I like Bridge, a good move to sign him.
    I like his pocket presence has good wheels and likes to scramble and make things happen.
    But his unorthodox weird throwing style even though he throws fastballs for sure, is a concern and at best it is average.
    i watched 2018 east semi final and bridge needs to be taught to throw the ball away - instead of throwing a pick - then again mbt threw a pick to end his team's chances in 2017 grey cup
    i believe that bridge can be taught to throw ball away - he and franklin both have wheels and the offence should feature those wheels
    Last edited by john; 02-24-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Franklin himself has acknowledged his lack of foot speed, and that he'd actually prefer not to run around.
    I'm having trouble believing that Franklin ever said that he'd prefer not to "run around". He looks like a guy who loves running with the football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Another aspect that AngeloV has previously touched on was the lack of contact drills in camp last year, difficult to evaluate players in tackle football when you don’t actually know if they can tackle.
    To make matters worse, almost none of the starters played a single down of football in either preseason game, a very unusual coaching move which may or may not have been a significant reason why the team started the season so flat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

New page in Argo history - a CFL team that has historically had little to zero use for a Canadian QB (hey, they did draft Dan Fereday back in the 80s; and let Brannagan sit on the PR all of one season , including playing a few downs in garbage time in a meaningless game). This is historic !

When was the last time someone from the GTA started at QB for the Argos? It's been at least 75 years. If I'm not mistaken Joe "King" Krol was the last Canadian to start at QB for the Argos -- in the late 40s -- but he was from Hamilton.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To make matters worse, almost none of the starters played a single down of football in either preseason game, a very unusual coaching move which may or may not have been a significant reason why the team started the season so flat.
    each preseason game is 4 quarters - let each qb play in 1 quarter
    that's 4 qb / preseason game
    how many do the argos have ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'll add to that by saying that Franklin is also a very strong runner, and unlike a lot of QB's, easily breaks arm tackles.
    Hence the nickname "Frank the Tank" in College.

I'm having trouble believing that Franklin ever said that he'd prefer not to "run around". He looks like a guy who loves running with the football.
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/franklin-...cats-1.4130880
    "I've never enjoyed running the ball and I've become more of a pocket passer over the years," he said. "I'm happy to (run) when I can but I definitely would rather have someone else do it, not because I'm lazy but I'd rather them have that kind of success.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I think Bridge has potential because of his strong arm and mobility, but he hasn't shown much in the way of development. I think he needs to hire an off-seasoning passing coach to refine his passing skills because if he doesn't soon show improvement in this area, his career options may soon be severely curtailed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't think there was any "almost" about it, actually, unless we consider Sears and Tyms starters. Tyms did start Game 1 of the regular season so I guess he was technically a starter who played in the preseason. Sears got hurt in second PS game so who knows if he was earmarked to start, but I doubt it. Chamblin really needs a different approach than Trestman took last season -- all starters need at least a bit of PS playing time.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I think Bridge has potential because of his strong arm and mobility, but he hasn't shown much in the way of development. I think he needs to hire an off-seasoning passing coach to refine his passing skills because if he doesn't soon show improvement in this area, his career options may soon be severely curtailed.
    coach Chapdelaine is oc and qb coach - this may help bridge too
    I think bridge sometimes throws the ball too hard for receivers to catch it