Thread: Manziel

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I can't help but wonder what kind of poor advice he is receiving from his agent.
    I don't think this one is on his agent. I'm guessing after thinking about things, he may not have appreciated the conditions the league put on him. Other players with checkered (in fact far worse) pasts have come up here and been giving second chances without these conditions. In a way, I really don't blame him if that is the reason. I wish things worked out better for him up here. The initial buzz was big, and had he been able to attain success, it could have been huge for the Als franchise.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Good riddance! The guy was never going to put the time and effort in to be a professional QB.
    Montreal must have known this was coming, now it makes sense he had the 'flu' when he missed the uniform launch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/j...e-cfl-sources/
    According to sources, when the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner was negotiating his contract with the Ticats last spring, Manziel wanted the ability to take a shot at the NFL after one CFL season. The league did not have an option year window in place at the time – it was re-added last August – and would not allow the stipulation into his contract.

But Manziel knew that by not going to mandatory doctors visits, required lithium tests or meeting a therapist once a week – conditions of the agreement he revealed to USA Today last June – would potentially force the CFL to void it. Essentially, Manziel had an out clause if he wanted it.
    Supposedly, Manziel skipping the Als jersey launch didn't sit well with the League and Als either. He wanted out, Kavis confirmed that yesterday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Manziel thought he’d come to our little league, dominate then leave for the NFL.
    Strange thing happened when he started to play last season, he suddenly realized that the talent in the CFL is indeed top notch and things wouldn’t be very easy at all.
    Personally it was apparent very early that the talent certainly didn’t match the hype.
    So glad the Argonauts stayed clear of this fiasco.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't think this one is on his agent. I'm guessing after thinking about things, he may not have appreciated the conditions the league put on him. Other players with checkered (in fact far worse) pasts have come up here and been giving second chances without these conditions. In a way, I really don't blame him if that is the reason. I wish things worked out better for him up here. The initial buzz was big, and had he been able to attain success, it could have been huge for the Als franchise.
    And the league, Angelo.

I really wanted JM to succeed for the CFL, and the AL's.

Sadly its another Vince Ferragamo/Major Harris/ et all.

With all these other league starting up, this could have been a boon for the CFL.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post

And the league, Angelo.

I really wanted JM to succeed for the CFL, and the AL's.

Sadly its another Vince Ferragamo/Major Harris/ et all.

With all these other league starting up, this could have been a boon for the CFL.
    Yep - another all-american super-hero saviour for a CFL team that proves an over-hyped bust (Andre Ware could be added to that QB club).

Is what it is and i guess will continue when the opportunities present (Popp signed Ochocinco & Michael Sam to the Als fairly recently and they proved a total waste of time too) - in the good ole CFL.

Too bad /kinda sad that some CFL teams don't see any value in hyping top notch Canadian talent for their teams - to create interest or sell tickets - nothing there i guess; to typical GOBs running CFL teams. The Als could try to hype the signing of QB Hugo Richard - top notch QB talent who has been a 5 year star for Laval - a big Quebec football machine/powerhouse; give an all-star, Vanier winning QB a real shot to make their team and hope a lot of La Belle Province big football fans take notice; they could also draft (might have to deal to move up some after getting fleeced for Manziel) one of the several outstanding young Quebec product talents up this draft (DE Betts of Laval (if he does not get serious NFL interest) or a couple of the top receiver prospects from US college ball - MacInnis (Arkansas State) or Mayala (U Conn) - are also Quebec native/ ball products) - and hope they can be impact players; Worth a shot IMO - i doubt Mavis or the Wet&all clowns have a clue there though.

The RedBlacks have a chance to go there this CFL draft too - take Ottawa area product QB Michael O'Connor for their desperate QB situation; or draft outstanding GGs DB Jamie Harry for their D-backfield in need of help situation; i doubt Desjardins has much clue there either - aside from building good O-line talent via the draft (pretty standard CFL thinking), he has been a real myopic otherwise with his drafting (and why did he let the Ticats sign Carleton product Tunde Adeleke as FA instead of nabbing him for the RedBlacks - bet this guy would have loved the chance to play in Ottawa?)

Maybe a lot of CFL fans can look forward instead to some other ex-NFL or all-american college ball heroes being signed into the CFL. Doesn't seem much interest or hype are in the cards for top notch Canadian talent in the good ole CFL - lack of respect for or knowledge of this talent = who gives a rat's @$$ - the CFL really doesn't IMO; Thank gawd Randy's on his amazing 2.0 game though.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 03-01-2019 at 12:31 AM.