Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Lol...it sounds like you hate those temporary stands in the north end zone more than I do....and that's saying something.
    They made sense in the Fall of 2017, when TFC was packing the place during their playoff run, but even they don't fill that end now. Wouldn't both teams be better served with it open for a patio like The Stipley, in Hamilton, or a stacked bar like they have at one end in Regina?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here's an example of something that Montreal is doing:

http://e.montrealalouettes.com/mail/...aDg-1502289454

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    They made sense in the Fall of 2017, when TFC was packing the place during their playoff run, but even they don't fill that end now. Wouldn't both teams be better served with it open for a patio like The Stipley, in Hamilton, or a stacked bar like they have at one end in Regina?
    They will fill that end if the team goes on a run in the 2nd half of the season. Its forecasting demand. That end has always been available for different configurations i.e. standing room, tailgate, beer garden, extra seating etc.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hamilton and Ottawa present interesting contrasts -- in Ottawa they developed the area around TD Place. I know it has always been an urban setting being in the Glebe, but this is in stark contrast to what the surrounding area was when the Rough Riders and Renegades played. The area around Tim Hortons Field may be the butt of many jokes on this site, but they have compensated for that with the bar in the endzone and the bar in behind the east stands.

Yes, Liberty Village isn't far from BMO, however we also know that that "scene" isn't for everyone, and we also know that the railroad tracks/Gardiner have long been a source of complaints for Torontonians in regards to how it isolates the area south. The area immediately surrounding BMO is Exhibition lands/private buildings and doesn't really attract people there unless they are going to something at BMO itself.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    The bud truck used to be a great spot to wait at tfc for the crowd to die down. I think all sports in general are too quick to force you out immediately after the conclusion of the game. Especially with traffic, and the hazard that is the go tunnel, sticking around bmo for a bit after seems like a good option.
    Liberty village has a few options for everyone, but is becoming a bit unsafe with the new shelter at lamport.
    I think making the north end into a tiered bar could work for both sets of fans. Just make the drinks 5 dollars indtead of 12.50

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    They will fill that end if the team goes on a run in the 2nd half of the season. Its forecasting demand. That end has always been available for different configurations i.e. standing room, tailgate, beer garden, extra seating etc.
    A tiered patio would likely hold the same amount of people, so no lost revenue. If it’s a bar setting, I would argue, increased revenue due to sales would be the result.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    A tiered patio would likely hold the same amount of people, so no lost revenue. If it’s a bar setting, I would argue, increased revenue due to sales would be the result.
    I assume TFC likes the visual of both ends being closed in - like the stadium used to be, hence the portable stands. The tiered bar solves that problem, IMO. It also opens up opportunities for both teams, in terms of corporate buyouts, cheaper deals, a more social area geared to millenials, etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Edmonton is letting under 17 into games free until Labour Day.

Edmonton Twitter

“REMINDER: All youth aged 17 and under receive FREE admission up to, and including the Labour Day Rematch! When the season really begins.

Plus, all kids 12 and under get free on field passes for after games. Meet some players and toss the ball on the same field as the Eskimos!”
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Edmonton is letting under 17 into games free until Labour Day.

Edmonton Twitter

“REMINDER: All youth aged 17 and under receive FREE admission up to, and including the Labour Day Rematch! When the season really begins.

Plus, all kids 12 and under get free on field passes for after games. Meet some players and toss the ball on the same field as the Eskimos!”
    That could work if they opened the Upper East Grandstand. However we only have 2 games before Labour Day and one of them is the CNE game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Here's an example of something that Montreal is doing:

http://e.montrealalouettes.com/mail/...aDg-1502289454
    How many Argonauts fans do you think would be interested in an Argonauts version of this?

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    How many Argonauts fans do you think would be interested in an Argonauts version of this?
    Would be a great gesture for the current fans. But i think the argos main priority right now is new fans.

New Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:

Level
    Look, this is a small thing but what's with showing so few seats available when you go to the tickets site? I sit way over in 219 where there will be hundreds of empty seats for the August 1 game. But go look at the seating map, and it shows that perhaps a dozen seats are unsold. Other sections? Yep, same thing.

For the home opener, where there was a respectable crowd, the casual fan might well have assumed it was going to sell out and not bothered trying to get tickets. Same assumption could hold for the Ex game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    Would be a great gesture for the current fans. But i think the argos main priority right now is new fans.
    Sorry I don't follow. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but I wouldn't expect the Argonauts to pay for it, just put a similar package together for sale.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumble1971 View Post
    Look, this is a small thing but what's with showing so few seats available when you go to the tickets site? I sit way over in 219 where there will be hundreds of empty seats for the August 1 game. But go look at the seating map, and it shows that perhaps a dozen seats are unsold. Other sections? Yep, same thing.

For the home opener, where there was a respectable crowd, the casual fan might well have assumed it was going to sell out and not bothered trying to get tickets. Same assumption could hold for the Ex game.
    Probably want to sell out sections before opening additional sections.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Edmonton doing a version of the "millennial" pass

https://www.esks.com/22-pass/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumble1971 View Post

It's not a small thing. One must take off the hardcore glasses. I have one neighbour that was so PO'd at that he spent his $$ elsewhere. I told him to call and get good seats but he doesn't like to call salespeople. He didn't like seeing no selection for himself when he sees on TV every game the tix he likes are empty and have been for years.

Everyone in town knows the Argos have tons of empty seats. Instead of lying to the buyers that there's some fake demand and forcing fans to decide if they want lousy seats ... the team should be more transparent and sell the fact you can choose from ALL available inventory. The hardest thing to do is get someone to think about buying a ticket and then have barriers to purchase. Light casual fans are easily put off as opposed to hard fans that will put up with a lot of crap because they love the team/sport.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It's not a small thing. One must take off the hardcore glasses. I have one neighbour that was so PO'd at that he spent his $$ elsewhere. I told him to call and get good seats but he doesn't like to call salespeople. He didn't like seeing no selection for himself when he sees on TV every game the tix he likes are empty and have been for years.

Everyone in town knows the Argos have tons of empty seats. Instead of lying to the buyers that there's some fake demand and forcing fans to decide if they want lousy seats ... the team should be more transparent and sell the fact you can choose from ALL available inventory. The hardest thing to do is get someone to think about buying a ticket and then have barriers to purchase. Light casual fans are easily put off as opposed to hard fans that will put up with a lot of crap because they love the team/sport.
    I agree 100% with this.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Everyone in town knows the Argos have tons of empty seats. Instead of lying to the buyers that there's some fake demand and forcing fans to decide if they want lousy seats ... the team should be more transparent and sell the fact you can choose from ALL available inventory.
    I don’t think it’s fair to blame the Argos solely for this. Ticketmaster are experts in maximizing profit for themselves and their client. MLSE uses them for all their teams so going independent is not going to happen. Almost every event you buy tickets for, you are led to buy the tickets they want you to. It’s even venue and event specific which becomes based on trending sales. A perfect example is when you have to buy your Daughter concert tickets to some stupid Boy Band and you can’t get any cheap ones. You do the right thing and spend more than you should so she’s not disappointed. Days before the concert, all of a sudden blocks of cheap tickets become available! Sucker! How about when the Stones or U2 play a huge venue? Floor seats are guaranteed sold no matter the price, but guess what’s only available when seats go on sale? The cheap ones. Your forced to settle for them because they need those hard sells done first. Strategies are easily exposed by poor sales like the Argos have, but your friend is in the minority to the clueless general fan who logs online.

New Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    A perfect example is when you have to buy your Daughter concert tickets to some stupid Boy Band . . .
    Ouch! That's not just the voice of experience. That's the voice of bitter experience. 😄 Poor old dad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    So the title of this thread is Marketing, hmmmm.

How do you make "A BIG bag of POOP" something that anyone could be interested in?

This team has nothing right now, not even close to the "Lovable Losers" of the 1970's.

No, losing because of " The Argo Bounce"

Just 2 noodle armed QB's, and a team and coaching staff that looks like they "HOT BOX" in the dressing room before each game
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021