Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Pocket schedules are not required anymore IMO. Anyone can easily find the schedule on their phone. I do like your earlier idea of having someone like Pinball or the Argonauts cheerleaders at Jurassic Park / Maple Leafs Square to promote the team.

You could find Ottawa Senators pocket schedules all over the place here going back since they started (maybe they discontinued this season though). To me (and again a bigger, brighter version of these things) i'ts an easy, simple way to market the team and let people know when games are. People aren't about to look up Argos games on their phones if they have no idea they exist. An Argo logo on thousands of counters in convienience, beer & liquor stores across the area just might do something. But maybe nothing.

You can also find Senators AND RedBlacks gear in lots of stores here too - hats, tees. jersies, key-chains, etc. - and the amount of people sporting RedBlacks gear since they have returned to the league is very impressive/noticeable. Is there Argo gear available all over the place in the GTA ? Maybe people there are afraid to wear Argo gear cause some wannabes are going to snicker at them for being un-cool or not "Major League" ?

Leafs & Raptore play-off games are underway - any Argo presence upcoming at these events? - or would that not be allowed for offending wannabes as well ?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    OV, if you could limit yourself to two (or fewer) sneering comments per message that would be appreciated. For brief posts, maybe aim for zero?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Can understand why some get tired of people who post negative comments but in their defense, at least they care enough to comment. Too many of my friends are just plain disinterested in the Argos and the CFL. I would prefer if they would show enough interest, to at least comment, even if it were just to complain.

New Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    @Mike Hogan

I Wonder if you know or can disclose what or if MLSE plans on REINVIGORATING our rivalry with Hamilton. That on it's own would make a huge difference. Especially at a regional level

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I have the best pocket schedule like most people under 35. It's a cell phone.
    I ride transit everyday and I'm not sure if ads there would even get my attention since I'm either listening to a podcast or watching a show/movie on my way downtown.
    I don't have cable so ads on TV take me out of that demographic as well.

I'm on instagram, twitter, facebook though.
    I don't even listen to the radio very often since when I'm in the car I throw on spotify on my phone.

So when classic marketing isn't happening anymore you may understand why - There's no reason the Argos can't do some of it to re-invigorate their older fan base but most of that fan base who would have traditional classic marketing appeal to them are already in the know and decide if they want to go to games in general.

We've seen the campaigns to reinvigorate all the teams within the MLSE umbrella and I'm willing to give time to allow them to make some headway

Disagree with me all you want but I believe the future of the fan base depends on the younger generations

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    I have the best pocket schedule like most people under 35. It's a cell phone.
    I ride transit everyday and I'm not sure if ads there would even get my attention since I'm either listening to a podcast or watching a show/movie on my way downtown.
    I don't have cable so ads on TV take me out of that demographic as well.

I'm on instagram, twitter, facebook though.
    I don't even listen to the radio very often since when I'm in the car I throw on spotify on my phone.

So when classic marketing isn't happening anymore you may understand why - There's no reason the Argos can't do some of it to re-invigorate their older fan base but most of that fan base who would have traditional classic marketing appeal to them are already in the know and decide if they want to go to games in general.

We've seen the campaigns to reinvigorate all the teams within the MLSE umbrella and I'm willing to give time to allow them to make some headway

Disagree with me all you want but I believe the future of the fan base depends on the younger generations
    Great post. I am over 35 by...well let's just say a couple of years. I am in the same boat as you. I rarely ride the TTC, but Go train to and from work every day and listen to music from my phone almost exclusively on the ride. Some of the thoughts on here are the same as what many have complained about all along, and that being the Argos in the past haven't changed with the times. I have trust in Hoagie and the current brass to change that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Im 31, use instagram and twitter mostly.
    Ill watch the occasional Netflix and that's something that i would like to see targetted. Admittedly, it's hard for me to see Argos marketing objectively because im a die hard who seeks out anything CFL. But Netflix has the attention of most millenials and if there were a way to sneak into a commercial free streaming service... Damn.
    I see instagram ads routinely, but i dont know whether i do because of an algorithm or regional ad distribution setup. Hopefully the latter.
    I do think a blowup billboard in pedestrian friendly public spaces would make a difference. Commuter culture thats being cultivated and perpetuated is what kills the effectiveness of visual ads in public spaces, but yonge dundas square for example, is so prominent you cant help but see. Nathan phillips square would be effective as well. Even though targetting commuters has historically been effective because of the sheer volume, we should be targetting people that are already at their destination for the purpose of enjoyment.

Maybe a partnership with cineplex? There plenty of eyes already watching the screen, especially for the blockbusters, people will associate everything in the theatre with the sentiment they left. So an Argos trailer for the season would be cool, cinematic style. Especially for targetting new canadians, lots of cineplex show second language releases.

Thinking aloud here

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Some good ideas, will bring them up.

Yes we're working on picking the Ticats rivalry up a notch, you'll notice more shots in my articles as a starter.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2018/12/20/hogan-argos-schedule-offers-bit-everything/

We are working very hard on content and social media and saw this graphic yesterday. Hopefully it's paying off.

New Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post

Yes we're working on picking the Ticats rivalry up a notch, you'll notice more shots in my articles as a starter.

We are working very hard on content and social media and saw this graphic yesterday. Hopefully it's paying off.

I saw this and made sure to retweet as well. It was surprising to see, but im glad. Also surprised that BC hasnt received more hits, their marketing is on fire lately

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Great post. I am over 35 by...well let's just say a couple of years. I am in the same boat as you. I rarely ride the TTC, but Go train to and from work every day and listen to music from my phone almost exclusively on the ride. Some of the thoughts on here are the same as what many have complained about all along, and that being the Argos in the past haven't changed with the times. I have trust in Hoagie and the current brass to change that.
    I’m almost half Angelo’s age and I also agree, traditional marketing methods have limited effect in today’s world.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BayArgonaut View Post
    I saw this and made sure to retweet as well. It was surprising to see, but im glad. Also surprised that BC hasnt received more hits, their marketing is on fire lately
    Real World in BC, theres not much BC Lions talk on the streets/bars/groceries stores.

The internet is so fake and phoney these days, who knows.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I’m almost half Angelo’s age and I also agree, traditional marketing methods have limited effect in today’s world.
    Gosh that makes you quite elderly.

New Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    I just finished watching Shazam with my girl friend and i noticed there was some Ticats merchandise in the convenience store scene. I wonder if that has a major effect... Most people definitely dont notice it but the trained eye would.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

This is more proof that the Als might be the worst-run professional organization in sports.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Another idea might be to explore what is the the fastest growing connected tech space in canada...Smart Speakers.

Argos could be the first team to launch an Alexa skill where we could check game dates and times, get 1-min flash briefings etc. Great and cost effective way to connect with fans and new customers. Love to have a Hoagie-hosted flash breifing.

Something to think about. I use my Alexa Echo Dots for pretty much everything in my connected home especially in the am when getting ready for work checking news and weather. Argos could easily be a part of that. Great way to get fans weekly updates.

New Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Another idea might be to explore what is the the fastest growing connected tech space in canada...Smart Speakers.

Argos could be the first team to launch an Alexa skill where we could check game dates and times, get 1-min flash briefings etc. Great and cost effective way to connect with fans and new customers. Love to have a Hoagie-hosted flash breifing.

Something to think about. I use my Alexa Echo Dots for pretty much everything in my connected home especially in the am when getting ready for work checking news and weather. Argos could easily be a part of that. Great way to get fans weekly updates.
    On that note, music streaming services. Spotify has plenty of ad space for free users to get targetted by. Between Spotify and Apple music you can reach most of the youngins as they are 1 and 2.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Years (if not decades) of brand neglect won’t be turned around overnight, incremental improvements over an extended period of time will ultimately prove to be sustainable.
    It's always easy to blame "lack of marketing" etc but the last owner was part of MLSE and they did a great job of marketing.
    How can anyone say that the brand was neglected? When they moved to BMO there was tons of publicity/marketing, the TV ads with the players running through the Princes Gates, the billboards, ads on the TTC all over the place. The publicity with the Shipyards, the concerts the $4 Beers etc
    The Rap performers, the Doug Fluties boble head night.
    Last year it was the $20 tickets, the $5 in-stadium draft beer, the Ex-tickets with admission.
    This year a lot of talk about the pre-season game at Varsity for school kids.
    Why do we always have to blame the owners for lack of marketing?
    MLSE has to market, it's their team, why wouldn't they try to sell their own product?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    It's always easy to blame "lack of marketing" etc but the last owner was part of MLSE and they did a great job of marketing.
    How can anyone say that the brand was neglected? When they moved to BMO there was tons of publicity/marketing, the TV ads with the players running through the Princes Gates, the billboards, ads on the TTC all over the place. The publicity with the Shipyards, the concerts the $4 Beers etc
    The Rap performers, the Doug Fluties boble head night.
    Last year it was the $20 tickets, the $5 in-stadium draft beer, the Ex-tickets with admission.
    This year a lot of talk about the pre-season game at Varsity for school kids.
    Why do we always have to blame the owners for lack of marketing?
    MLSE has to market, it's their team, why wouldn't they try to sell their own product?
    As I said years if not decades of brand neglect won’t be turned around overnight as we are seeing right now.
    The move to BMO occurred in 2016, Argos for various reasons have been shrinking in the Toronto sports scene since the mid 1980’s.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here's one effort to get some attention.

New Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    As I said years if not decades of brand neglect won’t be turned around overnight as we are seeing right now.
    The move to BMO occurred in 2016, Argos for various reasons have been shrinking in the Toronto sports scene since the mid 1980’s.
    many will turn the blackouts for having lost an entire generation. im afraid i wasnt alive for that so i dont have a reference for it.
    is that true though? im sure blackouts do not help one bit, but can anyone conclusively prove that was The major hit?(against the cfl as a whole)