Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Just let me re enter the durn stadium

Honestly for a team that is struggling to get butts in seats I see no conceivable reason to deny re entry. Every stadium in this city feels like a prison and last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.

There are plenty of stadiums in North America that allow in and out, and not many of them are in no man's land like BMO. Most of them are surrounded by businesses that offer more reasonable prices but the stadium experience is far better.

As for security purposes, come on! Nobody is attacking an Argos game. Nobody. Most of us Argo fans look like we've been leveled already anyway.

If BMO allows re entry again, it will only increase ticket sales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What is the purpose of leaving and returning? Is there somewhere to go outside the walls?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I only leave my seat at half time to be honest.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Honestly for a team that is struggling to get butts in seats I see no conceivable reason to deny re entry. Every stadium in this city feels like a prison and last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.

There are plenty of stadiums in North America that allow in and out, and not many of them are in no man's land like BMO. Most of them are surrounded by businesses that offer more reasonable prices but the stadium experience is far better.

As for security purposes, come on! Nobody is attacking an Argos game. Nobody. Most of us Argo fans look like we've been leveled already anyway.

If BMO allows re entry again, it will only increase ticket sales.
    There was re-entry at BMO during the first decade. For TFC you could exit at the half, go back to your car and drink a beer or hack a dart.

Its only in the last 2 years there is no re-entry. Probably more to do with security in this day and age than anything. No one is attacking an Argos game but MLSE needs to establish a consistent stadium policy for both teams that play there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    What is the purpose of leaving and returning? Is there somewhere to go outside the walls?
    After two and a half hours of screaming my face off I like to get out of the crowd and leave the stadium at half time to relax and look at the lake. I drop thousands of dollars on this organization every year it is within my right to gripe about this.

All I'm saying is if you allow in and out you will sell more tickets. There is no way you would sell less.

Exactly why does MLSE need a blanket policy for every event? I know it sounds neat but I don't see an actual concrete reason why that needs to be the case.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    After two and a half hours of screaming my face off I like to get out of the crowd and leave the stadium at half time to relax and look at the lake. I drop thousands of dollars on this organization every year it is within my right to gripe about this.

All I'm saying is if you allow in and out you will sell more tickets. There is no way you would sell less.

Exactly why does MLSE need a blanket policy for every event? I know it sounds neat but I don't see an actual concrete reason why that needs to be the case.
    Logistical reasons. Think training of security staff. In-and-out privileges would do S-F-A to increase Argos attendance. Because a dozen people can go have a smoke on the sidewalk is not game-changing marketing point.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    ...last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.
    So long as there is a provision for emergencies I don't see this as a major problem, but I do appreciate your bandwagon/paddywagon joke (pun?). Nice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Of course you would not sell less, but do you really think it would result in more ticket sales? I sure don't.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Logistical reasons. Think training of security staff. In-and-out privileges would do S-F-A to increase Argos attendance. Because a dozen people can go have a smoke on the sidewalk is not game-changing marketing point.
    It's not about smoking at all. Yes I do smoke but I certainly can go longer than five hours without a dart. If my beef with in and out, or lack thereof, was solely dependant on smoking, I would never go to games in the first place because it's much more comfortable to in that regard to watch football at home.

My father will not go games because of no re entry. Same reason he just wants some space at HT. So there's one. Considering there are millions in the GTA, I can say with confidence I am sure he's not the only one.

As for training security, you have to train them anyway. We're not putting people on the moon here. If Progressive Field can accomplish it during sold out games, I'm sure it is within our grasp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Of course you would not sell less, but do you really think it would result in more ticket sales? I sure don't.
    I agree. Can't imagine anyone decides against buying a ticket to a sporting event because they won't be allowed to leave that event for a few minutes.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    My father will not go games because of no re entry. Same reason he just wants some space at HT. So there's one. Considering there are millions in the GTA, I can say with confidence I am sure he's not the only one.
    He wants plenty of space at HT? has he been to an Argo game? there's always plenty of space in the stadium.
    I applaud MLSE for doing this, maybe it's their attempt to do their bit about cutting down smoking. If you want to go out and smoke, you don't get back in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's not about smoking at all. Yes I do smoke but I certainly can go longer than five hours without a dart. If my beef with in and out, or lack thereof, was solely dependant on smoking, I would never go to games in the first place because it's much more comfortable to in that regard to watch football at home.

As for training security, you have to train them anyway. We're not putting people on the moon here. If Progressive Field can accomplish it during sold out games, I'm sure it is within our grasp.

Agreed 100% = should be do-able - maybe I want to go out for a short walk, a smoke, to buy a sub or burger down the road - whatever = that's my business and i paid decent buck$ to get in the joint, why can't i go out and return with proof I paid to enter in the first place ?; but don't question big brother / the righteous corporations & bean counters who know best . ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    He wants plenty of space at HT? has he been to an Argo game? there's always plenty of space in the stadium.
    I applaud MLSE for doing this, maybe it's their attempt to do their bit about cutting down smoking. If you want to go out and smoke, you don't get back in.
    Some people who are paying customers want to leave the stadium and come back. Sure, you don't but you are you.

Like I said, this isn't about smoking but let's talk smoking.

In my humble opinion, this is the worst possible summer, from a business stand point, to take a hardline stance on smoking.

A reoccuring theme on these boards has been "why oh why can we not get more young people?" Guess what young people like to do? Vape and smoke dope. Guess what is legal now? Dope! You're shutting out a legit demographic.

It's not right, but a lot of young people don't want to do anything if it doesn't involve vaping or getting high. That's just a fact.

Obviously it brings you great joy to see smokers go through that "smoke and your not included" mentality but that's not the right attitude if your job is to serve people and make them feel comfortable. You cannot run a successful business on moral stances.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It's silly in this day and age to remotely think that no one will attack an Argos game. There have been many attacks in the world over the years that fit the idea of "nobody would ever attack ____."

That said. I see no reason there can't be re-entry. Even make it at just one gate.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Agreed 100% = should be do-able - maybe I want to go out for a short walk, a smoke, to buy a sub or burger down the road - whatever = that's my business and i paid decent buck$ to get in the joint, why can't i go out and return with proof I paid to enter in the first place ?; but don't question big brother / the righteous corporations & bean counters who know best . ;o)
    There is nowhere to buy a sub or burger within 20 minutes walking distance of BMO. As for "space" at half-time just take a walk along the upper east side concourse, nobody up there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe some want to head back to their car for a couple of beers?
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    There is nowhere to buy a sub or burger within 20 minutes walking distance of BMO. As for "space" at half-time just take a walk along the upper east side concourse, nobody up there.
    ?

It takes me about 10 minutes to walk to the crappy hero burger in Lib Village.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    ?

It takes me about 10 minutes to walk to the crappy hero burger in Lib Village.
    Halftime is 15 minutes
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Halftime is 15 minutes
    That wasn't their comment though

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Maybe some want to head back to their car for a couple of beers?
    My response to that would be maybe some have a problem they should be seeking help for.
    It's us vs the rest of the country