Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Just let me re enter the durn stadium

Honestly for a team that is struggling to get butts in seats I see no conceivable reason to deny re entry. Every stadium in this city feels like a prison and last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.

There are plenty of stadiums in North America that allow in and out, and not many of them are in no man's land like BMO. Most of them are surrounded by businesses that offer more reasonable prices but the stadium experience is far better.

As for security purposes, come on! Nobody is attacking an Argos game. Nobody. Most of us Argo fans look like we've been leveled already anyway.

If BMO allows re entry again, it will only increase ticket sales.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What is the purpose of leaving and returning? Is there somewhere to go outside the walls?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    What is the purpose of leaving and returning? Is there somewhere to go outside the walls?
    After two and a half hours of screaming my face off I like to get out of the crowd and leave the stadium at half time to relax and look at the lake. I drop thousands of dollars on this organization every year it is within my right to gripe about this.

All I'm saying is if you allow in and out you will sell more tickets. There is no way you would sell less.

Exactly why does MLSE need a blanket policy for every event? I know it sounds neat but I don't see an actual concrete reason why that needs to be the case.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    After two and a half hours of screaming my face off I like to get out of the crowd and leave the stadium at half time to relax and look at the lake. I drop thousands of dollars on this organization every year it is within my right to gripe about this.

All I'm saying is if you allow in and out you will sell more tickets. There is no way you would sell less.

Exactly why does MLSE need a blanket policy for every event? I know it sounds neat but I don't see an actual concrete reason why that needs to be the case.
    Logistical reasons. Think training of security staff. In-and-out privileges would do S-F-A to increase Argos attendance. Because a dozen people can go have a smoke on the sidewalk is not game-changing marketing point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Logistical reasons. Think training of security staff. In-and-out privileges would do S-F-A to increase Argos attendance. Because a dozen people can go have a smoke on the sidewalk is not game-changing marketing point.
    It's not about smoking at all. Yes I do smoke but I certainly can go longer than five hours without a dart. If my beef with in and out, or lack thereof, was solely dependant on smoking, I would never go to games in the first place because it's much more comfortable to in that regard to watch football at home.

My father will not go games because of no re entry. Same reason he just wants some space at HT. So there's one. Considering there are millions in the GTA, I can say with confidence I am sure he's not the only one.

As for training security, you have to train them anyway. We're not putting people on the moon here. If Progressive Field can accomplish it during sold out games, I'm sure it is within our grasp.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    My father will not go games because of no re entry. Same reason he just wants some space at HT. So there's one. Considering there are millions in the GTA, I can say with confidence I am sure he's not the only one.
    He wants plenty of space at HT? has he been to an Argo game? there's always plenty of space in the stadium.
    I applaud MLSE for doing this, maybe it's their attempt to do their bit about cutting down smoking. If you want to go out and smoke, you don't get back in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's not about smoking at all. Yes I do smoke but I certainly can go longer than five hours without a dart. If my beef with in and out, or lack thereof, was solely dependant on smoking, I would never go to games in the first place because it's much more comfortable to in that regard to watch football at home.

As for training security, you have to train them anyway. We're not putting people on the moon here. If Progressive Field can accomplish it during sold out games, I'm sure it is within our grasp.

Agreed 100% = should be do-able - maybe I want to go out for a short walk, a smoke, to buy a sub or burger down the road - whatever = that's my business and i paid decent buck$ to get in the joint, why can't i go out and return with proof I paid to enter in the first place ?; but don't question big brother / the righteous corporations & bean counters who know best . ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

I've known several McGee's over the years, just wondering if you were any relation to Fibber McGee.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Of course you would not sell less, but do you really think it would result in more ticket sales? I sure don't.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Of course you would not sell less, but do you really think it would result in more ticket sales? I sure don't.
    I agree. Can't imagine anyone decides against buying a ticket to a sporting event because they won't be allowed to leave that event for a few minutes.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I only leave my seat at half time to be honest.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Honestly for a team that is struggling to get butts in seats I see no conceivable reason to deny re entry. Every stadium in this city feels like a prison and last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.

There are plenty of stadiums in North America that allow in and out, and not many of them are in no man's land like BMO. Most of them are surrounded by businesses that offer more reasonable prices but the stadium experience is far better.

As for security purposes, come on! Nobody is attacking an Argos game. Nobody. Most of us Argo fans look like we've been leveled already anyway.

If BMO allows re entry again, it will only increase ticket sales.
    There was re-entry at BMO during the first decade. For TFC you could exit at the half, go back to your car and drink a beer or hack a dart.

Its only in the last 2 years there is no re-entry. Probably more to do with security in this day and age than anything. No one is attacking an Argos game but MLSE needs to establish a consistent stadium policy for both teams that play there.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    ...last season BMO jumped on that paddy wagon.
    So long as there is a provision for emergencies I don't see this as a major problem, but I do appreciate your bandwagon/paddywagon joke (pun?). Nice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe some want to head back to their car for a couple of beers?
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    My response to that would be maybe some have a problem they should be seeking help for.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The number of people who would not attend an Argo game based on no in/out privileges is pretty small and not worth the worry. The Leafs, Raptors and TFC fans seem to accept it!
    With tailgating legal, the last thing any team wants is fans going back out for a beer! Obviously they want you in the stadium. Secondly allowing people out at half time could cause lineups with security to get back in….and miss the start of the second half.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Could save a lot of money.

But now there's $5 beers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Head back to your car to warm up at half time during late October or early November games? During the East final two years ago my better half and I griped that we should have taken the car instead of the GO for that reason. We promised next time we would. Next time never happened.

Here's an angle: "You are the lifeblood of our organization and we choose not to treat you like cattle."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Head back to your car to warm up at half time during late October or early November games? During the East final two years ago my better half and I griped that we should have taken the car instead of the GO for that reason. We promised next time we would. Next time never happened.

Here's an angle: "You are the lifeblood of our organization and we choose not to treat you like cattle."
    As pointed out earlier, half time is 15 minutes. By the time you get to your car, how long can you sit in it to warm up on a cold day (since the move to BMO the weather has been very good)? I barely have time to hit the mens room and chat with buddies on the concourse. The people working security at stadiums don't have it easy, I don't think they need the additional task of dealing with fans re entering the venue.

As a long time fan of the Argos, I feel I have been treated very well each season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    As pointed out earlier, half time is 15 minutes. By the time you get to your car, how long can you sit in it to warm up on a cold day (since the move to BMO the weather has been very good)? I barely have time to hit the mens room and chat with buddies on the concourse. The people working security at stadiums don't have it easy, I don't think they need the additional task of dealing with fans re entering the venue.

As a long time fan of the Argos, I feel I have been treated very well each season.
    Well no I've seen a lot of cars within a one minute walk of the stadium, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. As for the security personel, I am sure they have bounced for an event or a concert that has in and out.

Most events in the city work that way. I have been to Rebel and they let people out to smoke. No wonder the youngins are going to concerts instead of sporting events.

We are all going to buy Argos tickets, so it's easy for us to tell the casuals:

"No you should just enjoy the game like we do!"

or my personal favourite argument:

"What!? You want more access to water? In my day we never drank water!"

Do you realize that if you are going to go to Argos games every year and always that your opinion means next to nothing?

I want to hear the opinions of people who might show up to an Argos game, not people like us who show up regardless of the abuse we recieve.

Edit: All i'm saying is, I have no idea why people are arguing to make Argos games less accessible. I really don't.
    Last edited by "Issues"Mcgee; 05-26-2019 at 05:56 AM.