Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Maybe some want to head back to their car for a couple of beers?
    The number of people who would not attend an Argo game based on no in/out privileges is pretty small and not worth the worry. The Leafs, Raptors and TFC fans seem to accept it!
    With tailgating legal, the last thing any team wants is fans going back out for a beer! Obviously they want you in the stadium. Secondly allowing people out at half time could cause lineups with security to get back in….and miss the start of the second half.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Maybe some want to head back to their car for a couple of beers?
    Could save a lot of money.

But now there's $5 beers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Head back to your car to warm up at half time during late October or early November games? During the East final two years ago my better half and I griped that we should have taken the car instead of the GO for that reason. We promised next time we would. Next time never happened.

Here's an angle: "You are the lifeblood of our organization and we choose not to treat you like cattle."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I’m not advocating beer or food consumption at half time and wouldn’t want to miss even one play, but there are borderline fans out there less committed. Similar to the corporate fans at the Leaf games. You’ll notice the lower bowl is often mostly empty for a long period of time at the start of the period. They’re consuming free food and booze and don’t really care about the game at hand.

In this new era or security I doubt we’ll ever back off restrictions, but see more and more.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Head back to your car to warm up at half time during late October or early November games? During the East final two years ago my better half and I griped that we should have taken the car instead of the GO for that reason. We promised next time we would. Next time never happened.

Here's an angle: "You are the lifeblood of our organization and we choose not to treat you like cattle."
    As pointed out earlier, half time is 15 minutes. By the time you get to your car, how long can you sit in it to warm up on a cold day (since the move to BMO the weather has been very good)? I barely have time to hit the mens room and chat with buddies on the concourse. The people working security at stadiums don't have it easy, I don't think they need the additional task of dealing with fans re entering the venue.

As a long time fan of the Argos, I feel I have been treated very well each season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    As pointed out earlier, half time is 15 minutes. By the time you get to your car, how long can you sit in it to warm up on a cold day (since the move to BMO the weather has been very good)? I barely have time to hit the mens room and chat with buddies on the concourse. The people working security at stadiums don't have it easy, I don't think they need the additional task of dealing with fans re entering the venue.

As a long time fan of the Argos, I feel I have been treated very well each season.
    Well no I've seen a lot of cars within a one minute walk of the stadium, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. As for the security personel, I am sure they have bounced for an event or a concert that has in and out.

Most events in the city work that way. I have been to Rebel and they let people out to smoke. No wonder the youngins are going to concerts instead of sporting events.

We are all going to buy Argos tickets, so it's easy for us to tell the casuals:

"No you should just enjoy the game like we do!"

or my personal favourite argument:

"What!? You want more access to water? In my day we never drank water!"

Do you realize that if you are going to go to Argos games every year and always that your opinion means next to nothing?

I want to hear the opinions of people who might show up to an Argos game, not people like us who show up regardless of the abuse we recieve.

Edit: All i'm saying is, I have no idea why people are arguing to make Argos games less accessible. I really don't.
    Last edited by "Issues"Mcgee; 05-26-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:

Level
    "Issues".

There's one thing I do want to comment on (FTR I have no idea about why stadiums have an in/out policy, but I can find out).

When you say "Do you realize that if you are going to go to Argos games every year and always that your opinion means next to nothing? " you couldn't be further from the truth.

I came on THIS SITE and asked people if they had any suggestions about how to make games better. EVERY ONE of those suggestions, no matter how extreme they were, was seen by multiple people in management positions and some of them have been implemented for this year. We also had a sit down over a beer with representatives from the major fan groups and did likewise.

If you can name another team that has been more pro-active with its fan base in terms of eagerly listening and acting on suggestions I'd love to hear who it is and I'll reach out and try to learn from them. This was MLSE's first full off-season and much of it was spent on trying to improve the in-game experience for fans. You'll find out about these improvements closer to the home opener.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the season. I'll try to find out about the reason for the policy.

Cheers.

Hogan

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Edit: All i'm saying is, I have no idea why people are arguing to make Argos games less accessible. I really don't.
    I think we're all sympathetic to your desire for this policy change, but no one else is seeing a personal benefit and the argument for ticket sales seems weak. Forget us randos, though; you've gotten Hogie's attention, which is actually worth something. :)

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I think we're all sympathetic to your desire for this policy change, but no one else is seeing a personal benefit and the argument for ticket sales seems weak. Forget us randos, though; you've gotten Hogie's attention, which is actually worth something. :)
    Can you tell my wife that? LOL

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I personally don't care whether or not fans are allowed to leave and return. But I don't buy the notion that allowing that would increase ticket sales by any more than a handful -- far too few to be material, imo.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I personally don't care whether or not fans are allowed to leave and return. But I don't buy the notion that allowing that would increase ticket sales by any more than a handful -- far too few to be material, imo.
    My feelings exactly.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Some people who are paying customers want to leave the stadium and come back. Sure, you don't but you are you.

Like I said, this isn't about smoking but let's talk smoking.

In my humble opinion, this is the worst possible summer, from a business stand point, to take a hardline stance on smoking.

A reoccuring theme on these boards has been "why oh why can we not get more young people?" Guess what young people like to do? Vape and smoke dope. Guess what is legal now? Dope! You're shutting out a legit demographic.

It's not right, but a lot of young people don't want to do anything if it doesn't involve vaping or getting high. That's just a fact.

Obviously it brings you great joy to see smokers go through that "smoke and your not included" mentality but that's not the right attitude if your job is to serve people and make them feel comfortable. You cannot run a successful business on moral stances.
    You can't be serious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    What sports teams currently allow re-entry?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Do you realize that if you are going to go to Argos games every year and always that your opinion means next to nothing?
    So the opinions of people who go to the games doesn't matter. But the opinions of people that don't go to the games does matter?

Makes sense.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Guys, why are you piling on? Mike was kind enough to respond directly to this concern, which "Issues" has presented in a pretty reasonable way.

Hogie doesn't need your help.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Ticats do for one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    "Issues".

There's one thing I do want to comment on (FTR I have no idea about why stadiums have an in/out policy, but I can find out).

When you say "Do you realize that if you are going to go to Argos games every year and always that your opinion means next to nothing? " you couldn't be further from the truth.

I came on THIS SITE and asked people if they had any suggestions about how to make games better. EVERY ONE of those suggestions, no matter how extreme they were, was seen by multiple people in management positions and some of them have been implemented for this year. We also had a sit down over a beer with representatives from the major fan groups and did likewise.

If you can name another team that has been more pro-active with its fan base in terms of eagerly listening and acting on suggestions I'd love to hear who it is and I'll reach out and try to learn from them. This was MLSE's first full off-season and much of it was spent on trying to improve the in-game experience for fans. You'll find out about these improvements closer to the home opener.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the season. I'll try to find out about the reason for the policy.

Cheers.

Hogan
    Hogie you are a beast, your dedication to the Argos is an inspiration and I am honoured to have your attention.

I am very grateful for what MLSE has done. I have no reason to crap on ownership and no reason to crap on other fans.

My unhinged rant is solely out of a desire to see BMO filled for football. I dedicate every summer to going to Argos games and dragging as many people as I can because I love this team and its survival is my only objective.

I said what I said, I was challenged to bring up examples and I delivered. I apologize for the aggressive way I pushed my point, and I will get off the subject.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Cleveland Indians.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    No need to apologize. I'll never criticize a passionate fan for having a reasonable opinion, I was just pointing out that we DO listen to our fans. While it would be virtually impossible to find two posters on this, or any site who like or dislike exactly the same things about attending games, we did, and will always continue to listen to complaints, or constructive criticisms...it's the only way for us to improve the product.

In terms of the Toronto sports landscape - and I mean this in the best possible way - right now we're a mom and pop store operating in a land of superstores. By that I mean our customer service has to be better than some of the bigger organizations because when you're trying to grow a fan base you can't afford to lose any of your current fans. We value every single fan we have and want each of you to help us add to that incredibly loyal base.

Not everything is going to please everyone. I'm sure there are some that don't like the idea of $5 beers, but we want to try and give people choices. As mentioned, we'll be announcing some changes that will help you enjoy Argo football even more, some things that I honestly think every fan will be in favour of.

I'll find out more about our in-and-out policy on Tuesday at our Sr. Management meeting. I promise I will bring that up and report back here. You may not like the answer, but you'll at least get an explanation as to why the policy is in place.

Deal?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Ticats do for one.
    Thanks. Let me rephrase, what Toronto teams currently allow re-entry?