Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I’m not advocating beer or food consumption at half time and wouldn’t want to miss even one play, but there are borderline fans out there less committed. Similar to the corporate fans at the Leaf games. You’ll notice the lower bowl is often mostly empty for a long period of time at the start of the period. They’re consuming free food and booze and don’t really care about the game at hand.

In this new era or security I doubt we’ll ever back off restrictions, but see more and more.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I personally don't care whether or not fans are allowed to leave and return. But I don't buy the notion that allowing that would increase ticket sales by any more than a handful -- far too few to be material, imo.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I personally don't care whether or not fans are allowed to leave and return. But I don't buy the notion that allowing that would increase ticket sales by any more than a handful -- far too few to be material, imo.
    My feelings exactly.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What sports teams currently allow re-entry?

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Ticats do for one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Ticats do for one.
    Thanks. Let me rephrase, what Toronto teams currently allow re-entry?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Cleveland Indians.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    No need to apologize. I'll never criticize a passionate fan for having a reasonable opinion, I was just pointing out that we DO listen to our fans. While it would be virtually impossible to find two posters on this, or any site who like or dislike exactly the same things about attending games, we did, and will always continue to listen to complaints, or constructive criticisms...it's the only way for us to improve the product.

In terms of the Toronto sports landscape - and I mean this in the best possible way - right now we're a mom and pop store operating in a land of superstores. By that I mean our customer service has to be better than some of the bigger organizations because when you're trying to grow a fan base you can't afford to lose any of your current fans. We value every single fan we have and want each of you to help us add to that incredibly loyal base.

Not everything is going to please everyone. I'm sure there are some that don't like the idea of $5 beers, but we want to try and give people choices. As mentioned, we'll be announcing some changes that will help you enjoy Argo football even more, some things that I honestly think every fan will be in favour of.

I'll find out more about our in-and-out policy on Tuesday at our Sr. Management meeting. I promise I will bring that up and report back here. You may not like the answer, but you'll at least get an explanation as to why the policy is in place.

Deal?

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    No need to apologize. I'll never criticize a passionate fan for having a reasonable opinion, I was just pointing out that we DO listen to our fans. //...we'll be announcing some changes that will help you enjoy Argo football even more, some things that I honestly think every fan will be in favour of.

I'll find out more about our in-and-out policy on Tuesday at our Sr. Management meeting. I promise I will bring that up and report back here. You may not like the answer, but you'll at least get an explanation as to why the policy is in place.

Deal?
    Great response Mike. I'll admit I was thinking this issue wasn't worthy of a response--you've shown your commitment, and the club's commitment to the fans; and to finding solutions to build our base. Mom and pop shop. I love it. Who doesn't appreciate personalized care and service. Happy to have you reading and posting here!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    No need to apologize. I'll never criticize a passionate fan for having a reasonable opinion, I was just pointing out that we DO listen to our fans. While it would be virtually impossible to find two posters on this, or any site who like or dislike exactly the same things about attending games, we did, and will always continue to listen to complaints, or constructive criticisms...it's the only way for us to improve the product.

In terms of the Toronto sports landscape - and I mean this in the best possible way - right now we're a mom and pop store operating in a land of superstores. By that I mean our customer service has to be better than some of the bigger organizations because when you're trying to grow a fan base you can't afford to lose any of your current fans. We value every single fan we have and want each of you to help us add to that incredibly loyal base.

Not everything is going to please everyone. I'm sure there are some that don't like the idea of $5 beers, but we want to try and give people choices. As mentioned, we'll be announcing some changes that will help you enjoy Argo football even more, some things that I honestly think every fan will be in favour of.

Deal?
    Deal. No matter what answer I get, I'm off the subject but I appreciate you lookinto it.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Guys, why are you piling on? Mike was kind enough to respond directly to this concern, which "Issues" has presented in a pretty reasonable way.

Hogie doesn't need your help.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Isn't this thread resolved? doubleblue, Ron: what the heck are you guys talking about?