Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    Final score: Hamilton 64, Argonauts 14, Long Faces 1 with that long face belonging to the poor soul responsible for selling tickets to the next Argo home game. Unless he can convince Kawhi Leonard to play the halftime show with the Rolling Stones I don't like his chances.
    He's not going to sell many tics for the next game. Not just the terrible score but the 3,000 to 5,000 ??? Hamilton fans that won't be there next week and a west team that doesn't draw well. Probably the die-hards only.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    I was hoping Ricky would of gone back in. Can Franklin learn this game? He spent a lot of bench time behind great QB's in this league. The team needed a lift and that's the QB's job is, find something that works or die trying. Yesterday afternoon wasn't good for him.

Where was Cross, we all know he is good but didn't hear his name or see him on the field. 1st week bi probably hurts a team but this was no leadership and no effort yesterday afternoon.
    Cross was on the field a bit doing what the new Offense requires of him which is to block only.

Boatman
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The final score was rough but all is not lost on D.
    Herdman,Wild,Onyeka,Lemon and Washington were bright spots.
    The team should be able to turn it around next week.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I saw a Ticat push one of the outbacks, who then fell onto Pfeffer after he had punted. He got up and looked fine but i'm guessing that was the play because Brown was out punting the next one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The offence looked very much like what we've been watching for the past decade -- almost no downfield passing, no rolling out by the QB, no creative packages involving Rainey.
    I could not believe the offence was so vanilla and predictable. I really hope Chapdelaine doesn't turn out to be the fatal flaw in this talent-laden unit.

I was watching him on the sidelines in the 3rd quarter when the wheels really started falling off and I wasn't impressed. He was pacing all over the sideline area like a madman. He'd say a couple of words to Franklin then walk to the edge of the field then come back and say a couple of words to Wilder then walk around a bit more and say a couple of words to Walker and wander off again. Meanwhile another coach, a bald guy with a tablet, was the one working intently with Franklin and going over stuff. Chappy sure didn't look like a guy taking charge of the situation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Over the years I have taken each Argo defeat pretty hard. After Saturdays spectacle it seems like it doesn't matter. Hope I am not losing interest in the team....not sure when I will go back to be honest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Over the years I have taken each Argo defeat pretty hard. After Saturdays spectacle it seems like it doesn't matter. Hope I am not losing interest in the team....not sure when I will go back to be honest.
    I know the feeling. I thought it was just me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    You're not alone Gil.

I too feel the same way and it started last year and got so bad that I didn't renew for this year. I needed a break from it as I invest alot in it and last year the record and some poor interactions with team just brought me way too down. If I had renewed and gone to this game I am pretty sure I'd be alot more angry as I am angry enough as it is after having hoisted the flag at home, dressed up the kid in his jersey and made a special experience for him to watch the game together.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Each game (for the most part) has a winner and a loser. Sometimes the loser loses by a ton, sometimes by a tiny increment, sometimes because of terrible officiating, bad luck, terrible play, etc. It's possible (and indeed advisable, IMO) to stick with a team through the bad as well as the good.

I realize Saturday's game was a debacle on the field, but BMO is still a fabulous venue, with lots of good things that other stadiums don't have. I'm sure the Argos organization would love nothing more than to have both the best fan experience AND the best team in the league. The former is a lot easier to control than the latter.

I personally had a great time at the game despite how bad the team looked from the 20-minute mark on, and I am looking forward to the next home game, regardless of what happens Monday in Regina.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    I was surprised that Hamilton did not have to kick the convert after the last touchdown. Can someone explain why this was? I thought you had to do that. Thanks in advance.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    yeah I'll echo some of these sediments. Personally, I can live with wins and losses – it’s part of sport that we have to accept. That said, this past game was beyond the ebb and flow of the usual wins and losses. Of course I want the team to win every game, however that’s not going to happen. All I ask for is that the team at least give us a few exciting plays, even in a losing effort. In fairness, the Kanneh interception was pretty good prior to the fumble. The bomb to Walker was a little too late, but would have been great in the first half.

Regardless, what irks me more than that is how badly they got blown out of the water and in the midst of it, were giving up some plays for what sure looked like lack of effort. The other real stick in my craw although minor, how bad was our clock management at the end of the first half? That was an opportunity to get at least one more play then they did, but there was just no urgency.

I do try to meet up with my dad and attend every game and for the most part, we do. But that “execution” on the field this Saturday, yikes. I apologized to him for what I felt like was a waste of his time (and mine) – he’d never see it that way but still. How are we fans supposed to try to “sell” that to friends, colleagues, etc.?

Anyhow, I feel better from that rant. The good news on the flip side is that the north end zone turf looked great and it was a nice day out to watch some football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Each game (for the most part) has a winner and a loser. Sometimes the loser loses by a ton, sometimes by a tiny increment, sometimes because of terrible officiating, bad luck, terrible play, etc. It's possible (and indeed advisable, IMO) to stick with a team through the bad as well as the good.

I realize Saturday's game was a debacle on the field, but BMO is still a fabulous venue, with lots of good things that other stadiums don't have. I'm sure the Argos organization would love nothing more than to have both the best fan experience AND the best team in the league. The former is a lot easier to control than the latter.

I personally had a great time at the game despite how bad the team looked from the 20-minute mark on, and I am looking forward to the next home game, regardless of what happens Monday in Regina.
    Tough game to watch on Saturday for sure, to my surprise the sun actually came up the next day!
    Argo games have been a lifelong passion for me and while I still take losses hard in the grand scheme of things it isn’t all that important, what is important is spending the day with my son which makes it all worthwhile.
    Love participating on this sight TBH, give all of us diehards a platform to piss, moan, vent (and occasionally praise) all things Argonaut.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    I am usually philosophical and pragmatic about wins and loses, but in this case I was surprised how angry I actually was. Just right pissed off.
    On a bright note, I guess that means that I am invested and that my passion is still alive after all these years and all of these ups and downs.
    I felt bad for the City and for the franchise. This doesn't do the team and the marketing of this product any favours.
    I sure hope the players are angry too.
    I expect a focused group in Game 2. I want to see them flying around and making plays with passion.
    I am not going to name any names (this time) but there are several players who are wearing very thin on me.
    Wipe that grin off your face and start acting like you fear losing. Acting like you've got it all figured out after getting embarrassed like that simply is not going to cut it.
    I can't believe that my judgement on a team and their character comes down to a game that'll be played in June. But from where I stand, that's on them. I expect they'll be angry and they will respond as they should against Saskatchewan.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Guys, July 29th 2017 the Ticats were blown out 60-1..... mind you they were a dumpster fire that whole season until they beat us on labour day.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    I am usually philosophical and pragmatic about wins and loses, but in this case I was surprised how angry I actually was. Just right pissed off.
    On a bright note, I guess that means that I am invested and that my passion is still alive after all these years and all of these ups and downs.
    I felt bad for the City and for the franchise. This doesn't do the team and the marketing of this product any favours.
    I sure hope the players are angry too.
    I expect a focused group in Game 2. I want to see them flying around and making plays with passion.
    I am not going to name any names (this time) but there are several players who are wearing very thin on me.
    Wipe that grin off your face and start acting like you fear losing. Acting like you've got it all figured out after getting embarrassed like that simply is not going to cut it.
    I can't believe that my judgement on a team and their character comes down to a game that'll be played in June. But from where I stand, that's on them. I expect they'll be angry and they will respond as they should against Saskatchewan.
    When you let your biggest rivals come into your stadium and kick the living shit out of you then you should be angry. Hell, I was once the reality of what happened sank in.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    When you let your biggest rivals come into your stadium and kick the living shit out of you then you should be angry. Hell, I was once the reality of what happened sank in.
    Statement game by the Ticat’s, coupled with the fact the Argos showed little fight in the second half we should be concerned.
    Argos never recovered from the smack in the chops Calgary administered early in 2018, I had the same feeling on Saturday.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I love going to the games. It is a fun time. But that was hard to take! The biggest glaring difference I saw from my seat was how wide open the Ticat receivers were, over and over. And how well covered our receivers were. Some bad tackling also. That missed field goal returned for a TD was one of the most disheartening plays I have seen in a long time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    I love going to the games. It is a fun time. But that was hard to take! The biggest glaring difference I saw from my seat was how wide open the Ticat receivers were, over and over. And how well covered our receivers were. Some bad tackling also. That missed field goal returned for a TD was one of the most disheartening plays I have seen in a long time.
    Unfortunately the same song sheet as 2018.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Guys, July 29th 2017 the Ticats were blown out 60-1..... mind you they were a dumpster fire that whole season until they beat us on labour day.
    Yes, and after that humiliation, they were a decent team the rest of the way and might have made the playoffs had they not run out of time (we won the division with a measly 9 & 9 record!), but only after replacing Austin, who the players hated and had tuned out, with Jones, who was a 'players coach'. We've done that by firing Trestman and hiring Chamblin, but it's way too early in the season, and Chamblin's tenure, to do something as drastic as that. So, despite the fact that I still feel ill over Saturday, I am going to be optimistic...surely a beating like that will fire up this team like nothing else! In Saskatchewan, they must be treating the game with the Argos as a 'trap game'! It will be good to be on the road and spoil someone else's home opener...won't it???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Most of us hardcore, long time Argofans I'm guessing think the same.

Then watching the "team" dance around the next day in a parade made me PUKE.

These so called PRO's should have been in the gym, doing something EXTRA, to make the TEAM better.

Sad, sad sad, that its all about being "cool" on instagram, instead of being FEARED, on the field.

I'm sickened by what i saw this weekend.

Dick Thornton must be turning in his grave.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021