Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The other thing that made this evening absolutely perfect was Hamilton losing to the Riders
    Icing on the cake.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Who knows what happens from here but this was a great win and it was completely unexpected! Fun times.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    And Noel. I haven't seen anything reported officially but someone said Llevi Noel was added to the 6 game list prior to the game.
    Frank Z said Fogg went down during pre game warmups. TSN crew had no mention of it....but the stadium food tour was good as always.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Like shooting fish in a barrel. All we have to do now is win eight games in a row and we are in flavour country.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    from our esteemed beat writer:

"The fact that it comes on the heels of a bye week means the Argos can finally feel good about themselves, at long last being rewarded for their hard work."

am i missing something? the Argos are heading into a bye week. Frank is either being overly lazy or he doesn't understand the English languge - not sure which.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Noel going on the six-game was announced earlier this week. It's a shame to lose him but fortunately Smith looked good last night. He fought hard for his TD, and he is a very good blocker.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Awe is definitely not overrated. What a beast.
    No kidding. He is a fantastic player.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Rodney Smith does what he often does catches a ball and falls down at a critical point.
    Smith had himself a very nice game. That's Noel's role, but Llevi needs to concentrate and work on making all those catchable catches, and then holding onto them.

Ultimately, we want the national in that position and I think Llevi is the guy.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    At one point late in the 4th, O'Shea gave that "only in the cfl" look. For us gamblers, this game was a gift. Totally to the cfl script.
    Nice to see the team get a win, we're in the playoff hunt. And i think we have our starting qb in the accounting firm.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    And i think we have our starting qb in the accounting firm.
    I have to believe MBT will start the next game, but I wouldn't bet on that status continuing far beyond that. Collaros was not brought in here to sit, and we've seen a lot more evidence of MBT failing to rise to the challenge than we have of him meeting expectations. Two amazing comebacks are fantastic, but consistently good play is more important.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    The game turned when Andrew Harris fumbled deep in Argo territory. If they score there it is 27-0 and long faces again for the home crowd. Argo57 said it best when he called it a gutsy performance by Bethel-Thompson and it certainly was but some of those throws into coverage made my hair turn, well even whiter. He got away with a number of misguided attempts that could have or should have been turned over.

Bring on the bye week. I think they could use it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I have to believe MBT will start the next game, but I wouldn't bet on that status continuing far beyond that. Collaros was not brought in here to sit, and we've seen a lot more evidence of MBT failing to rise to the challenge than we have of him meeting expectations. Two amazing comebacks are fantastic, but consistently good play is more important.
    I agree. You admire this guy for grit, determination, perseverance and leadership. You scratch your head sometimes for his decision making. He really seems to need to do things the' most difficult way. When elevated to a starting role, I believe the 'peter-principal' comes to play. If they can afford to keep the whole stable around, I feel fantastic about him being in the #2 or #3 slots.

I think Argo fans will be able to cite this guy as an example for many good things (and a few not so good) for many years to come. The most compelling aspect, to me, is that he seems to still hold his team-mates respect despite his dreadful Int/TD ratio.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Definitely a needed win. They sure made it hard with all the penalties and fumbles.
    Hats off to MBT for a gutsy performance. I assume he'll get the next start unless Franklin is 100% ready.
    That said once Collaros is on the roster, MBT will probably be the odd man out. Still no touch on long throws, a couple of questionable throws into tight coverage.
    And pocket presence is still slow to know when to throw it away or run. (granted he made a couple of nice runs last night)
    Side note...with all the attention on concussions and shots to the head. Shouldn't the league or PA mandate helmets fit correctly?? MBT's helmet is way too loose!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Definitely a needed win. They sure made it hard with all the penalties and fumbles.
    Hats off to MBT for a gutsy performance. I assume he'll get the next start unless Franklin is 100% ready.
    That said once Collaros is on the roster, MBT will probably be the odd man out. Still no touch on long throws, a couple of questionable throws into tight coverage.
    And pocket presence is still slow to know when to throw it away or run. (granted he made a couple of nice runs last night)
    Side note...with all the attention on concussions and shots to the head. Shouldn't the league or PA mandate helmets fit correctly?? MBT's helmet is way too loose!!!
    That hit that took MTBs helmet off was blatant. MBT has to learn the "Matt Nichols Helmet Tap" that he uses every time a hand grazes his head. Gets more annoying every year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    Surely there is a guy somewhere out there, in Mexico or Finland, the U.S. or France or anywhere else Randy Ambrosie has a deal that can kick a bloody field goal.
    Maybe on YouTube...
    :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    On a more serious note, how did our esteemed officials get to rule a play null and void because they missed O’Shea’s challenge flag? That swing it from 3rd down to the 1st down the bombers got on the successful challenge. To me once the refs miss the flag and the play happens then it’s too bad. Really odd one from my view.
    I was wondering that too. Also shouldn't they have put time back on the clock if they were going to do that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    My only regret last night was missing the halftime musical extravaganza, I hear it was quite a show👍
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    The Winnipeg tackler who dove over MBT on that play did hit the helmet with his hand knocking it off. I watched the replay after I got home to make sure. Should have been called but maybe the official being on the other side of the play didn't see that at game speed.

But otherwise way too many penalties. As soon as I saw that crew come out last night I figured the penalty total would be high, as that crew seems to call the most penalties. That have to call the hits to the head but otherwise too many grey area calls IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The Winnipeg tackler who dove over MBT on that play did hit the helmet with his hand knocking it off. I watched the replay after I got home to make sure. Should have been called but maybe the official being on the other side of the play didn't see that at game speed.

But otherwise way too many penalties. As soon as I saw that crew come out last night I figured the penalty total would be high, as that crew seems to call the most penalties. That have to call the hits to the head but otherwise too many grey area calls IMO.
    Spearing seems to be the in vogue call these days.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    My only regret last night was missing the halftime musical extravaganza, I hear it was quite a show👍
    We walked over to watch it. It was surprisingly good.