Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Game Thread: Saskatchewan at Montreal Friday, August 9th

With Adams missing the game on Friday due to last week's concussion, I will pick the Riders.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Pretty crazy that the game was awarded after an hour delay and with 18 minutes to go. I suspect economics is the primary driver.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Pretty crazy that the game was awarded after an hour delay and with 18 minutes to go. I suspect economics is the primary driver.
    Considering the rule was put into place in agreement with the league and PA, my guess is safety is the reason it was called. PA probably doesn't want players playing for 2 hours then sitting for another possible 2 or 3 hours and then having to go out and play again. Injuries are more likely at that point.

Still, I think the rule should also take game score into consideration. If the lead was 20 points, there would be less to be upset about. It just really sucks that a 1 score game had to be cut short.

I'm sure the usual suspects in the media that are anti CFL will have a field day with this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Considering the rule was put into place in agreement with the league and PA, my guess is safety is the reason it was called. PA probably doesn't want players playing for 2 hours then sitting for another possible 2 or 3 hours and then having to go out and play again. Injuries are more likely at that point.

Still, I think the rule should also take game score into consideration. If the lead was 20 points, there would be less to be upset about. It just really sucks that a 1 score game had to be cut short.

I'm sure the usual suspects in the media that are anti CFL will have a field day with this.
    This decision should be reviewed. I don’t know what the answer should be, but in the CFL the lead is never safe. A seven point lead with all that time can hardly be considered a win. I hope those two points decide ones season.

It looked like the CFL & CFLPA new agreement was followed to the letter according to CFL posts on social media. Will the CFLPA negotiate common sense out of the future of the CFL? Lots of unhappy fans this morning.
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 08-10-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin