Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Shawn Lemon traded for Davon Coleman

well it was called by many on here, we weren't going to see Lemon after the bye week.

Looks like a positive to me if nothing else that we traded an asset that we weren't using for an asset we hopefully will use.

I doubt we see Coleman on Friday night, but who knows.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Coleman should be able to play Friday unless he's not healthy. It can't be that hard for a DT to learn a new system. He's likely a considerable upgrade over K. Bishop, question is whether Antigha or Beltre or Striker is an upgrade over Lemon. And whether there were enough problems with Lemon's attitude to constitute addition by subtraction.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My guess is that Wilder is the next to go. Hate to see it, but if the team thinks they are better off going in a different direction, I’m ok with it. Calgary is pretty dinged up at RB. Wonder if they would have any interest.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Coleman should be able to play Friday unless he's not healthy. It can't be that hard for a DT to learn a new system. He's likely a considerable upgrade over K. Bishop, question is whether Antigha or Beltre or Striker is an upgrade over Lemon. And whether there were enough problems with Lemon's attitude to constitute addition by subtraction.
    In my opinion Lemon was probably only playing last week to show he's not injured and could be traded.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    My guess is that Wilder is the next to go. Hate to see it, but if the team thinks they are better off going in a different direction, I’m ok with it. Calgary is pretty dinged up at RB. Wonder if they would have any interest.
    I too am a Wilder fan, I have his jersey for what it's worth. However, something happened after 2017 - whether it was the team around him or not, I don't know. However, I still think when he's firing on all cylinders he's a great player - he seems to fire up his teammates and the crowd with some of his runs and second efforts - which is great.

However, someone could easily perceive he got on his high horse after 2017 and is now just mailing it in waiting for the WWE / XFL move that seems inevitable after this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I too am a Wilder fan, I have his jersey for what it's worth. However, something happened after 2017 - whether it was the team around him or not, I don't know. However, I still think when he's firing on all cylinders he's a great player - he seems to fire up his teammates and the crowd with some of his runs and second efforts - which is great.

However, someone could easily perceive he got on his high horse after 2017 and is now just mailing it in waiting for the WWE / XFL move that seems inevitable after this season.
    I think he is the most dangerous receiving back in the league. Get him the ball in space and he is somethings else. I also believe he’s a hard runner and if they actually ran him more, he would really start to produce. Unfortunately, Argos have been playing from behind a lot the last 2 years, so hard to get 15-20 touches to your back. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, but if they don’t see him being here beyond this season, making a change is something they probably should do.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree Wilder isn't likely to be here next year. If that is to be the case, then trading him now makes sense as his trade value should be relatively high at this time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Well if they are going to trade Wilder because Chapdelaine doesn't want to call plays to his strength, they might as well go hog wild and trade S.J. Green and Walker. It's not a lack of talent here it is dummkopf play calling. Their body language is showing the same as Lemon's. Veteran players who know what they can do but their hands are tied.
    But in Lemon's case he may have lost a step and the Argos did need an upgrade at the DT position to give Laing some help inside. Of course this is all just my opinion. As the great former Globe and Mail sports writer Scott Young use to say. 989 times right 0 wrong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Well if they are going to trade Wilder because Chapdelaine doesn't want to call plays to his strength, they might as well go hog wild and trade S.J. Green and Walker. It's not a lack of talent here it is dummkopf play calling. Their body language is showing the same as Lemon's. Veteran players who know what they can do but their hands are tied.
    But in Lemon's case he may have lost a step and the Argos did need an upgrade at the DT position to give Laing some help inside. Of course this is all just my opinion. As the great former Globe and Mail sports writer Scott Young use to say. 989 times right 0 wrong.
    My apologies to Chappy. On further review, there are 16 English translations to Dummkopf. Even Jacques play calling can't lay claim to all of them.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    There was an article speaking of Chapdelaine moving upstairs last game and it greatly helped him calling the field. Is it possible that when he is field level he has doubts on himself where upstairs he can see everything moving.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If Shawn Lemon becomes a FA in Februray I feel both he and the Argos should avoid any discussions . Look forward to seeing Coleman in Double Blue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos might lose a patience with James Wilder

“James Wilder Jr. is back at #Argos practice after missing both practice days late last week. Apparently, Wilder missed his flight at the end of Toronto's bye week. #CFL @TSNScianitti”
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Apparently he left his passport or something on the plane going down during the bye.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Win-win for both sides. Will there be an upgrade? I’m not so sure but are we really losing much. I liked Lemon but ever since Butler left, he became invisible. Last year I put more blame on the DC but even this year I feel that the team isn’t losing much.

As for Wilder. I’m a fan of his but in this business, if his backup can be as productive for half the salary, his days are numbered.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Laing is hurt. You may see Coleman and the returning Jeff Finlay (with Linden Gaydosh rotating) on the inside this week. Or, depending on the ratio, it could be Coleman and Ken Bishop as the DT's
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Pretty good return for the Argos considering it has been widely accepted that Popp has been shopping Lemon for a little while.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions