Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos Shopping James Wilder Jr?

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/16/a...mes-wilder-jr/

The Toronto Argos have made running back James Wilder Jr. available on the trade market, per sources.

Wilder Jr. was a healthy scratch for the Argonauts Week 10 game against Edmonton. Toronto wants to keep Wilder Jr. from being injured prior to any potential deal. The Argonauts signed Wilder Jr. to a two-year extension through the 2019 season in March 2018.

The 27-year-old started the first five games of the season at running back for Toronto producing 161 rushing yards on 38 carries and hauling in 26 passes for 260 yards and two touchdowns. Last year Wilder Jr. rushed for 691 yards and three touchdowns on 147 carries with 56 catches for 539 and one major in 13 games.

During his first year in the CFL, the six-foot-three, 232-pound Wilder Jr. ran for 872 yards (7.2-yard average) and five touchdowns in 17 games while adding 51 catches for 533 yards. He started six regular season games for Toronto in which the Argos went 5-1 and the double blue went 2-0 in the playoffs, including the Grey Cup victory while being named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Rookie in 2017.

Prior to coming north of the border, Wilder Jr. spent two seasons on the Cincinnati Bengals practice roster and had a stint with the Buffalo Bills. That came after Wilder Jr. won a BCS National Championship with Florida State University in 2014.

Wilder Jr. can be a dynamic offensive playmaker as seen during the Argos run to a CFL title.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Dave Naylor commenting that Wilder declined (refused) to play Special Teams this week. He gone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    So, he misses 2 practices this week because he forgot his passport and then is asked to be the back up running back and play on special teams (likely because he wasn't there for much of the preparation) and then refuses? I understand he might feel slighted having to be the back up but that is quite unprofessional.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    If you aren't willing to do whatever the team needs you to do, you can't be part of the team. That's fundamental in a team sport. Time to cut the ties.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:

Level
    Just for the record (even though nobody asked) I'm fully behind the Burks and Rainey combination at running back. Two explosive backs that I would like to see used more often. If it's true about Wilder refusing to back up and play on specials then I'd say it is time for him to go wrestling.

Don
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If you aren't willing to do whatever the team needs you to do, you can't be part of the team. That's fundamental in a team sport. Time to cut the ties.
    It is unfortunate that it has had to come to this, but yes this is unfortunately where we're at now.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    “Pull Together”, except when it comes to risking an injury playing ST when you have a WWE goal on your mind and a nice XFL contract on the horizon. Pains me to say this because I like the guy so much. I don’t think we need any more proof his mind is not focused on the Argos/CFL. Of course he misplaced his passport! Can happen to anyone, but happens to the guy who currently doesn’t give two craps. I think we are ok with Burks and Rainey at the moment too.

See ya Wilder. I will miss the personality and old effort you used to give.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    James was the number 1 cheer leader (don't get me started on what the Argos are trotting out for cheer leaders these days, but I digress), last night, he sure wasn't pouting on the side lines. I think he would be great on special teams and would have been inserted into the game at some time.
    MacBeth could use all the blocking available. Maybe James knows he has a job waiting for him in Tampa in the new revived XFL. But one never wants to burn bridges.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A little bit of pull back this week with Chamblin saying it was his decision to not play Wilder on Special Teams and to let him sit. Not sure I fully believe that, more like some half truths in there. Why have a meeting with him then? He then goes on to say he doesn’t know Wilder’s future. Lots of mixed messages, which is telling really - He’s being shopped. I can’t see much of a market out there for Wilder. BC and Ottawa are rumoured. I wouldn’t strengthen Ottawa when we play them three more times, unless of course the seasons lost completely. BC’s season is done, so why spend money on a player that’s not going to be around next year? I think the Argos might be stuck and I can see his release before the 10th game, to avoid guaranteed salary. This weekend will be interesting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone hear why James Wilder didn’t dress on Sunday? Wasn’t he listed as backup RB prior to the game?

Is this the week where teams have to decide whether to drop veterans and avoid paying their salaries for the rest of the year?
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Anyone hear why James Wilder didn’t dress on Sunday? Wasn’t he listed as backup RB prior to the game?

Is this the week where teams have to decide whether to drop veterans and avoid paying their salaries for the rest of the year?
    He was on the depth chart but we’ve talked about that accuracy. I didn’t see him on the sidelines either. I’d imagine there is lukewarm interest for a trade and he seems no longer in the Argos plans, so no need to risk injury.

Yes, this is the week before the 10th game. We are bound to see some moves.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes, he was, but there are always 46 on the depth chart and 44 on the game roster. One INT had to sit. It makes no sense to dress Wilder if you're going to feature Burks and Rainey at TB. Wilder could have replaced Beltre as a special teams guy, except Beltre also rotated in at DE.

Have to assume he's leaving town this week, one way or another. Maybe Wpg would take him for their next two games.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    He was on the depth chart but we’ve talked about that accuracy. I didn’t see him on the sidelines either. I’d imagine there is lukewarm interest for a trade and he seems no longer in the Argos plans, so no need to risk injury.

Yes, this is the week before the 10th game. We are bound to see some moves.
    He was on the sidelines yesterday. Mentioned on the broadcast, and I saw him at least twice, including once when was pumping up Burks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks. We missed the broadcast having attended the game and didn’t know if the broadcasters mentioned it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    JW Jr. is pretty vocal about his frustration on Twitter recently. Definitely wants to play or go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    JW Jr. is pretty vocal about his frustration on Twitter recently. Definitely wants to play or go.
    Apparently he doesn't want to play that bad as he refused to play special teams after missing two practices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Everyone knows I’m a big JWJ guy, but the Argos don’t need a guy that’s going to take to social media his frustrations at not playing. There is no denying the Argos offence has been quite better since he’s been out of the line up. Whether that’s just because MBT has now played enough to figure it out or the backfield duo of Burks and Rainey has produced more is irrelevant. It doesn’t reflect well on him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Everyone knows I’m a big JWJ guy, but the Argos don’t need a guy that’s going to take to social media his frustrations at not playing. There is no denying the Argos offence has been quite better since he’s been out of the line up. Whether that’s just because MBT has now played enough to figure it out or the backfield duo of Burks and Rainey has produced more is irrelevant. It doesn’t reflect well on him.
    As you know Angelo I liked what Wilder contributed to the Argos in 2017 (who wouldn’t), he lost me when he joined forces with Victor Butler and started trash talking the Argonauts organization during contract negotiations.
    So Wilder venting again on social media doesn’t surprise me at all and in fact doesn’t reflect well on him.
    Personally I prefer Burks in the Argonauts lineup.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    He might get back in the lineup depending on the severity of Rainey's injury.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Exclamation

Darius Raso's signing has now made James Wilder expendable.

Radically Canadian!