Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Popp is done at the end of the season. But do you trust him with the trade deadline coming up?
    A new GM can make the decision on Chamblin, but it seems the HC role is beyond his skillset.
    And Franklin plays like he doesn't give a sh**!
    This team is a complete embarrassment!
    Maybe one of the reasons Pinball was brought in by Manning to review any trades etc. I wouldn't mind seeing Franklin and Bethel-Thompson peddled for a middle round draft pick. But not let any of the young talent traded away. However, any of the older guys that are coming up to their FA, let them be a rental for a neg list or draft pick if there's a deal out there. Players like Holmes, Green, Edwards, Kanneh come to mind.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    CLean out the football operations at seasons end, right some wrongs, and I'd have zero issue if Manning stays on as Team President.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Since the Pinball has been very visible the last few weeks and there have been rumours, he would be my President.
    Bring back Eric Tillman from the prospective Halifax team as that is rumoured and then have either O'Shea or Lapolice as the head coach.
    Either would be fine with me.
    The team should make every effort to go after Masoli as a FA at year end.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Let's just change the coach and GM combination every year. Let's see how much that improves things.
    I think that now you have seen the light.

Chamblin is the worst head coach that I have ever seen and I am sure that you now agree. The team has completely quit, and that shouldn't be surprising. This guy has no business being a head coach, I wouldn't hire him to coach a high school football team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    So how bad is this team and the organization behind it? Arguably, it could be the most incompetent Argo team ever. Not only losing but losing big time. Suitor on the telecast stated it was the worst first quarter he has ever seen played by a pro team---and it didn't get much better in the rest of the game. Last year was bad but this year looks far worse and that is hard to say, considering the team only won 4 games last year.

The team had fewer than ten thousand in attendance last game --an all time low for decades and decades. How many for the next game --fewer than eight thousand? After being a season ticket holder forever, I have to ask, is it worth battling the traffic, paying $25 to park and to sit and watch this disaster? Apparently many others are asking themselves the same question. According to Frank Z, many are already indicating they won't renew next year.

We could talk about marketing except I'm not aware there is any. The one thing getting positive media vibes last year was the tailgating. But, the new management, in their wisdom (or lack of) cancelled it. Yes, there is still unofficial tailgating but the team can't market it so it can't be used to attract potential fans.

The classless way Trestman was fired by a 2am phone call, as they returned from a game, kind of sums up the way this team has been managed. One intuitively knows this is not the way a person like Clemons would have handled the situation. My first year university Business 101 class , studied cases where organizations went bankrupt through mismanagement. The recent debacle of Argo mismanagement would have been an excellent case study.

In spite of it all, I'll continue to attend and cheer for the team, even if it is in a half empty stadium. But, changes and dramatic changes, are needed from top to bottom. Popp apparently is at the end of his contract so that should be no problem when replacing him. With Chamblin the team might run into a cap problem but somehow or other he has to be replaced. Perhaps offer O'Shea both HC/GM position --or some other creative way of addressing the cap. A clean sweep, including a good number of the players is desperately needed.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Lol.... who made this?

http://chng.it/fgGsB9SHmN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Lol.... who made this?

http://chng.it/fgGsB9SHmN
    Looks like most of these petitions are started by loonie toons. I'd like to start about a dozen petitions, but then I would be a loonie toon. I think I heard some remarks out there....lol and I resemble that.
    PS. I only sign Argo petitions that use the Boat Logo.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am thinking back to 2000 when the Argos fired Huard. One could argue that they were close to a player and fan mutiny so the Argos were choiceless in that department. In 2019, the fans have had enough of Chamblin (for the most part), however it isn't quite 100% clear whether that applies to the players. Rod Pedersen speculates that Chamblin's players love him, but that he simply doesn't have the horses to compete. I would've agreed with that part up until a few weeks ago, but after two blowout losses against Regina and Vancouver I'm not so sure.

In 2000, the Argos hired Pinball as head coach and while that team failed to make the playoffs (the year afterward too) it did play well down the stretch, and perhaps restored a bit of good faith among the fanbase. I don't know if the 2019 edition will get that same opportunity, but even so you have to consider some factors such as whether or not a new coach would've got this core to perform any better than they have. In 2000, you know the horses were there on defence, and there is also the consideration that if Chamblin has indeed not lost the room then letting fans dictate personnel moves is wrong.

He should still go of course.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I am thinking back to 2000 when the Argos fired Huard. One could argue that they were close to a player and fan mutiny so the Argos were choiceless in that department. In 2019, the fans have had enough of Chamblin (for the most part), however it isn't quite 100% clear whether that applies to the players. Rod Pedersen speculates that Chamblin's players love him, but that he simply doesn't have the horses to compete. I would've agreed with that part up until a few weeks ago, but after two blowout losses against Regina and Vancouver I'm not so sure.

In 2000, the Argos hired Pinball as head coach and while that team failed to make the playoffs (the year afterward too) it did play well down the stretch, and perhaps restored a bit of good faith among the fanbase. I don't know if the 2019 edition will get that same opportunity, but even so you have to consider some factors such as whether or not a new coach would've got this core to perform any better than they have. In 2000, you know the horses were there on defence, and there is also the consideration that if Chamblin has indeed not lost the room then letting fans dictate personnel moves is wrong.

He should still go of course.
    The roster is thin on talent in a few positions, O-Line, Defensive Secondary and as it turns out QB which was not addressed by Popp and the football ops staff going back to last season a major fail on their part.
    Now in regards to the coaching staff this team has more often than not been ill prepared this season which fall squarely on them.
    Corey Chamblin’s in game decisions have been baffling to say the least and I suspect the players have lost faith in him and his staff as the season has gone on.
    Body language speaks volumes and quite often this team looks beaten very early in games including this past Saturday when both the players and coaching staff appeared to have mailed it in which is inexcusable.
    IMO making any change now is pointless as this season is officially lost.
    In the wake of dwindling attendance numbers and worst of all fan apathy ownership must act swiftly and decisively at the conclusion of the season to change this teams culture heading into 2020. (Good luck recruiting high end talent and or free agents if things don’t change)!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here’s a thought. I don’t think Pinball was brought in recently to help with coaching, I’m starting to think Manning might be grooming him as his own successor. A role Pinball once had but was more unofficial and he called the job itself, being the teams #1 fan.

Achievements:
    Level
    So Dan Ralph reports that there is a rumour that Pinball will be President, Tillman will be GM and Khari Jones a front runner for head coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    So Dan Ralph reports that there is a rumour that Pinball will President, Tillman will be GM and Khari Jones a feint rinner for head coach.
    The BC Lions stadium announcer just might end up being right!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So Dan Ralph reports that there is a rumour that Pinball will President, Tillman will be GM and Khari Jones a feint rinner for head coach.
    CFL News on Twitter: "Clemons has helped Toronto win Grey Cups as a player and coach but has no experience as a GM. That role would reportedly be assumed by Eric Tillman, a CFL champion with B.C. (1994), the Argos (1997) and Saskatchewan (2007). - @danral…

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFL_News/...93333702316032

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Chamblin's players love him,
    Maybe that's so but why? Everyone loves a boss that goes easy on them. And sometimes a good boss goes easy on people at the right time. I have a feeling Chamblin goes easy on people whenever. "Yeah, he's a great guy, I fu$ked up, and he didn't even blow a gasket at me...great guy!"....I don't know. But I know he's not a good head coach. If it wasn't confirmed in Sask, its confirmed now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    So Dan Ralph reports that there is a rumour that Pinball will be President, Tillman will be GM and Khari Jones a front runner for head coach.
    I don't see Khari leaving Montreal. As for Tillman as GM, no way this team goes that route....no way.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Press conference called for by the Argos today at 11am with a major announcement. Hopefully the pendulum will finally drop and a message sent that what we have had to witness as of late is not acceptable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Achievements:
    Level
    Argos haven’t quit on their coach? Enough to bring him back? Not saying that is what I am suggesting but will management not be so quick to clean house?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos haven’t quit on their coach? Enough to bring him back? Not saying that is what I am suggesting but will management not be so quick to clean house?
    Simply trying to impress for jobs next season, hopefully sweeping changes for next season.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd be surprised if Chamblin is back next year.