Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yes and yes.

I don't buy the notion that Popp was overrated in Montreal because he had Calvillo. He was still able to find talent to supplement AC, but he hasn't had the same results in Toronto. Hindsight is 20/20 but the 2018-2019 offseason was very poor in terms of recruitment and his handling of the OL was poor.

Chamblin was great as a DC in 2017, but I think he's in over his head as a HC. Perhaps it is the dual role of HC/DC that is an issue, but his game-time and lineup decisions have been head scratchers.

I do not, however, trust Bill Manning with making a football hire.
    Agree with all of this. First thing we need is an Argonauts only President who knows the CFL and the CFL talent pipeline.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Popp absolutely has to go. I dont know why he was better in Montreal, but hes garbage now. Won the Cup in 2017 with Jim Barker and Spencer Zimmerman's team. After that, all he could do was bring in high-priced free agents. He must have a very lousy network of scouts and contacts because he is really bad at uncovering those diamonds in the rough. Its telling that, even after a four win season, the guy couldn't find any rookies or past NFL cuts to come in and challenge for a position.

Bring back Jim Barker! That guy was great in the drafts and always brought in some studs to camp that no one had ever heard of and watched them explode. Great at finding and developing QB talent (collaros, Harris, fajardo).