Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    [QUOTE=Mike Hogan;146739]
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Ottawa used both Clements and Holloway in some games between 1975 and '78, and at times it was a change-of-pace/style approach. Edm used the two-QB system fairly regularly from 1978 to 1980, initially with Wilkinson starting and Moon coming in for some action, then the reverse. By 1981 Moon saw the lion's share of playing time, IIRC, altho Wilkie came into the 1981 Grey Cup. The Argos had two proven QBs in Holloway and Barnes, but generally did not use them in the same game except in the case of injury, altho Barnes of course relieved Holloway in the 1983 Grey Cup. Since then, can't think of any actual regular two-QB approaches. I'd hesitate to declare LaPolice a genius based on one game with a two-QB system. Let's see if they get past Sask and then Ham before the coronation.[/QUOTE

Wilkinson used to come up to the broadcast booth in Edmonton a couple of hours before a game. He and Pete Martin were pals from their time together in Toronto and this gave them a chance to catch up. They'd reminisce and I as always a very happy fly on the wall. At one point I did ask Tom how he handled having to give up a half to a young player. He said he loved it. I looked at him and asked "Really"? He said "Absolutely....I least I got to play a half."
    Mike, in your opinion is it worth trying to sign an NCAA QB for top money? T.O. has had their share of great QB's. Don't know how we got them all but it solves a problem and creates some promotion for the league and Argos. Would it work for us?

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't care where a QB comes from as long as he can play well. We've all seen a ton of high-profile NCAA QBs come up and soil the sheets.