Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Want to bet he hardly carries the ball again this year?
    I agree with you, and wouldn’t take that bet. The sad part is he has more rushing touchdowns than the Argos have all of this season...... YIKES!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Reading the box score, several great efforts were all for naught. The oline did a good job in pass protection, but short yardage running continues to be stopped. Wilder is great as a receiver out of the backfield ...but seems slow or lacking that initial burst. 7 sacks....4 turnovers....recipient of some ref calls....and only play 30 minutes of decent ball.

This loss stings more than last week's. How I despise everything about Hamilton. Glad I don't go to the LDC anymore.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Another strong game by MBT.....Great QB.....real accurate passer......takes advantage of all his opportunities.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Simply put this team sucks. MBT can't win a game. Chamblin's D can't win a game. Franklin can't even get one yard.
    Popp has to go. Really tired of this sh!t.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    If MBT starts the next game, I'm tuning out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    On a positive note great to see the Boat logo back on the helmet, should stay for good.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Only stat that matters, is a W.
    This is a team that simply doesn't know how to win.
    They are not good enough to punish teams for turnovers.
    Teams can take chances against them, cos they know they can get away with it.
    This is a team that doesn't know how to win.
    End of story
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    This game was lost after halftime. The Ticats adjusted to our first half pass rush (which was excellent) by running wide to take advantage of their speed and by using quick passes. We adjusted to our first half offensive success by switching to runs on first down, which all gained little or nothing, put us in 2nd and long, and let the Ticats dial up their pass rush. I get why the Ticats changed things up. I don't get why we did.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good first half but that was it. It sucks that they've been in positions to win the last 2 weeks and yet have blown both. Happy to see that big play out of the gate though. The D-Line was also fantastic in the first half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    This game was lost after halftime. The Ticats adjusted to our first half pass rush (which was excellent) by running wide to take advantage of their speed and by using quick passes. We adjusted to our first half offensive success by switching to runs on first down, which all gained little or nothing, put us in 2nd and long, and let the Ticats dial up their pass rush. I get why the Ticats changed things up. I don't get why we did.
    As Ravi pointed out on Twitter and you did here, coaching was the difference. Hamilton's coaches made brilliant adjustments at halftime.

The play of the defensive tackles and ends in the first half was a bright spot, but by midway through the third quarter they looked dog-tired.

Walker was obviously superb but the offensive game plan was too heavily focused on him, without enough looks to Smith, Green and Ralph.

MBT was inconsistent and missed some throws he needed to make, but did show surprisingly good touch on a couple of long passes.

The o-line's run-blocking was completely inadequate. We failed to convert on second-and-two at least twice.

The secondary is a disaster, notwithstanding the two nice first-half picks.

We got all the breaks in the game.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Only stat that matters, is a W.
    This is a team that simply doesn't know how to win.
    They are not good enough to punish teams for turnovers.
    Teams can take chances against them, cos they know they can get away with it.
    This is a team that doesn't know how to win.
    End of story
    Can’t argue with any of this, we saw the complete opposite with the Ticats who are well coached and know how to win.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue90 View Post
    Another strong game by MBT.....Great QB.....real accurate passer......takes advantage of all his opportunities.
    you dropped your /s

if it wasn't for our receivers making up for his mistakes it would have been an even worse loss.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Walker was obviously superb but the offensive game plan was too heavily focused on him, without enough looks to Smith, Green and Ralph.

MBT was inconsistent and missed some throws he needed to make, but did show surprisingly good touch on a couple of long passes.
    Walker made up for MBT missing the spots on the two routes for his touchdowns.... the first big bomb where he had to veer way off which worked well but it wasn't thrown on the route.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Walker made up for MBT missing the spots on the two routes for his touchdowns.... the first big bomb where he had to veer way off which worked well but it wasn't thrown on the route.
    "Way off" is an exaggeration. Hitting a guy in full stride 50 yards away is lovely to watch, but not that common with any QB. It appeared to me that Walker was easily able to find the ball and get it, so that makes it a good throw in my books. Accuracy deep is not an MBT strength, but he showed better yesterday on that aspect than he often has in the past.

Some folks seem to have made up their minds that MBT is lousy, and are reluctant to acknowledge when he does something well or shows improvement in weak areas. That's fine, but I'm not prepared to toss him aside and I don't believe he has done anything lately to warrant being sat.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    "Way off" is an exaggeration. Hitting a guy in full stride 50 yards away is lovely to watch, but not that common with any QB. It appeared to me that Walker was easily able to find the ball and get it, so that makes it a good throw in my books. Accuracy deep is not an MBT strength, but he showed better yesterday on that aspect than he often has in the past.

Some folks seem to have made up their minds that MBT is lousy, and are reluctant to acknowledge when he does something well or shows improvement in weak areas. That's fine, but I'm not prepared to toss him aside and I don't believe he has done anything lately to warrant being sat.
    9 TD to 0 Ints in his last 4 starts with well over 1,000 passing. Not good enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level

I am not sure what I think on MBT. After many of years of never producing our own QB we could say recently we have developed or had a hand in developing Fajardo, Harris and Zak. Could MBT be a starter with a better Oline and more time behind centre? I would never have thought Harris could be that efficient but he hasn’t won a big game yet.

How different would this season have been if we signed Bo? Very hard to know. Is it a mistake not to ride Franklin all of last season and the rest of this season as maybe he is the next Bo. Too hard to say for sure but MBT is better now than he was earlier in the year I don’t think anyone can argue that.

Even if we do have the “next” QB with these 2 no one is under contract for next year and if I was one of them, especially Franklin I wouldn’t want to come back here.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    MBT has not played badly but has not played well enough to win games. Though it is understandable, that some looking at his stats, would justifiably defend his right to be the starter, since the season is over, it is now more important to see if Franklin or Prukop can be the starter for the future. To determine this, they must be given sufficient playing time for the rest of the season. We can't go into next season not knowing who our starting QB will be. If Franklin and Prukop show they can't do the job, then management (whoever they may be) need to start looking for a potential starting QB as soon as possible once the season is over.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Anyone else think #14 Kenneh is the worst player in the secondary they've ever seen?!
    Horrible.
    Think this team has a real stink about it - coaching, defense and starting QB all not good enough to make it work.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Lots of great analysis as usual. The thing that really stands out for me is just how awful the tackling is on this team. Time and time again, they have a chance to make a stop and it doesn't happen. The very basic of basics. I think MBT has been pretty good. The thing I don't like most is he seems to float his passes. Several times he has seemed to be overly careful with his throw and the receiver has had to stop and wait.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrogorilla 2 View Post
    Anyone else think #14 Kenneh is the worst player in the secondary they've ever seen?!
    Horrible.
    Think this team has a real stink about it - coaching, defense and starting QB all not good enough to make it work.
    He's up there in league leading tackles (Top 10). Not always a good thing though. He was a huge disappointment last season, better this season but nothing to rave about.
    Last edited by ArgoGabe22; 09-03-2019 at 03:25 PM.