Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Interesting list, with a bunch of NCAA ball Canucks with nice resumes.

Rourke - unless he draws serious NFL interest (?) - should be a CFL 1st rounder - big, mobile QBs with even half decent arms, have shown they can do damage in the CFL lately (no surprise if you get CFL history) - see Fajardo & Strevler; we'll see if any CFL GOBs show real interest in a Canadian QB by using a first rounder on Rourke = i have my doubts; just like i have serious doubts O'Connor ever gets a real CFL shot.

Carabins DB M-A Dequoy is a guy I'd like to see the Argos able to draft - big, fast, play-making DB who could make a very good CFL safety prospect.

How many O-linemen do the Argos have to draft before they come up with a solid starter? - any young guys they have now going to pan-out ?

Receivers Claypool, Brissett and Ternowski all have very good college ball resumes; not sure they need more NI receivers though if Noel or Cibasu are not getting much use now; CFL GOB thinking now has young Canadian receiver talent often sitting or little used.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    OV wrote:

Receivers Claypool, Brissett and Ternowski all have very good college ball resumes; not sure they need more NI receivers though if Noel or Cibasu are not getting much use now; CFL GOB thinking now has young Canadian receiver talent often sitting or little used.[/QUOTE]

I still think Gittens can develop into a good receiver for the Argos. They don't believe in rushing their young Canadian receivers though it seems.
    Claypool looks like a sure fire NFL player. I would take Rourke over Brissett if they both were still on the board when the Argos pick. Ternowski would be a later round pick if he was still there, but they already have a player similar in Ralph. IMO
    So my wish would be Rourke first and then one of the O Linemen. Can't see Toronto picking worse than 3rd, 12th and 21th in the first three rounds.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    OV wrote:

Receivers Claypool, Brissett and Ternowski all have very good college ball resumes; not sure they need more NI receivers though if Noel or Cibasu are not getting much use now; CFL GOB thinking now has young Canadian receiver talent often sitting or little used.[/QUOTE

I still think Gittens can develop into a good receiver for the Argos. They don't believe in rushing their young Canadian receivers though it seems.
    Claypool looks like a sure fire NFL player. I would take Rourke over Brissett if they both were still on the board when the Argos pick. Ternowski would be a later round pick if he was still there, but they already have a player similar in Ralph. IMO
    So my wish would be Rourke first and then one of the O Linemen. Can't see Toronto picking worse than 3rd, 12th and 21th in the first three rounds.
    Considering the fact Toronto already has Michael O’Connor himself a highly rated QB prospect on the roster I wouldn’t use a first round pick on Rourke, too many needs elsewhere such as the O-Line.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Considering the fact Toronto already has Michael O’Connor himself a highly rated QB prospect on the roster I wouldn’t use a first round pick on Rourke, too many needs elsewhere such as the O-Line.
    Offensive linemen are easier to find than good QB's if you pay them more than the minimum. The CFL is a QB driven League, and if you don't have the good QB you not going to win consistently. You can't put Rourke on a negotiation list. He has to be drafted or signed as a FA. So I say draft him even if you have to wait a few years to get him. The Argos Canadian talent is pretty good the way it is. What is needed on the O Line is a couple of real good Tackles and the biggest talent pool to find them is down south. To get a shut down left tackle you have to pay more than what I believe they're paying their tackles now. That's my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Offensive linemen are easier to find than good QB's if you pay them more than the minimum. The CFL is a QB driven League, and if you don't have the good QB you not going to win consistently. You can't put Rourke on a negotiation list. He has to be drafted or signed as a FA. So I say draft him even if you have to wait a few years to get him. The Argos Canadian talent is pretty good the way it is. What is needed on the O Line is a couple of real good Tackles and the biggest talent pool to find them is down south. To get a shut down left tackle you have to pay more than what I believe they're paying their tackles now. That's my opinion.
    Yes the CFL is generally considered a QB driven league for sure.
    I have also watched a very highly paid QB with the BC Lions who is generally considered one of the league’s best get beaten up game after game behind a pitiful O-Line to the point he has been rendered ineffective this season.
    Really good O-Line play can make a decent QB much more effective if he is given time to make his reads and get rid of the ball.
    For various reasons the Toronto Argonauts have debunked your first sentence unfortunately.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    OV wrote:

Receivers Claypool, Brissett and Ternowski all have very good college ball resumes; not sure they need more NI receivers though if Noel or Cibasu are not getting much use now; CFL GOB thinking now has young Canadian receiver talent often sitting or little used.

So my wish would be Rourke first and then one of the O Linemen. Can't see Toronto picking worse than 3rd, 12th and 21th in the first three rounds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - sort of forgot about Gittens - that's another outstanding resume (all-time U Sports single season reception #) receiver with the Argos - to go with Noel & Cibasu who are not getting playing time for the Argos (with Ralph - solid IMO the only NI starter.) Not sure the Argos need another Canadian receiver to merit going there early in the draft - unless you identify a Masotti type/

CFL trend now is go with mostly import receivers (outside of BC now with 3 starting NIs) = so a lot of young NI receiver talent sits or goes un-used. Interesting to see the Stamps giving playing time to a few young Canadian receivers - Klukas and draft picks Mayala and Hunchack. Meanwhile - a $hite team offence like Ottawa defers to a bunch of mediocre import receivers - Noel, Cibasu and Gittens could all probably be starting for the RedBlacks O. IMO - but not with imports first dullards running the show there.