Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
OV wrote:

Receivers Claypool, Brissett and Ternowski all have very good college ball resumes; not sure they need more NI receivers though if Noel or Cibasu are not getting much use now; CFL GOB thinking now has young Canadian receiver talent often sitting or little used.

I still think Gittens can develop into a good receiver for the Argos. They don't believe in rushing their young Canadian receivers though it seems.
Claypool looks like a sure fire NFL player. I would take Rourke over Brissett if they both were still on the board when the Argos pick. Ternowski would be a later round pick if he was still there, but they already have a player similar in Ralph. IMO
So my wish would be Rourke first and then one of the O Linemen. Can't see Toronto picking worse than 3rd, 12th and 21th in the first three rounds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - sort of forgot about Gittens - that's another outstanding resume (all-time U Sports single season reception #) receiver with the Argos - to go with Noel & Cibasu who are not getting playing time for the Argos (with Ralph - solid IMO the only NI starter.) Not sure the Argos need another Canadian receiver to merit going there early in the draft - unless you identify a Masotti type/

CFL trend now is go with mostly import receivers (outside of BC now with 3 starting NIs) = so a lot of young NI receiver talent sits or goes un-used. Interesting to see the Stamps giving playing time to a few young Canadian receivers - Klukas and draft picks Mayala and Hunchack. Meanwhile - a $hite team offence like Ottawa defers to a bunch of mediocre import receivers - Noel, Cibasu and Gittens could all probably be starting for the RedBlacks O. IMO - but not with imports first dullards running the show there.