Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    After today's latest fiasco, O'Connor should be starting next week and for the rest of the season.
    Or alternating with Prukop.
    The history with our 3 QB's leaving, ultimately some can be attributed for the stupidity of manangement for staying with Ray too long, even after the GC 2017 season.
    That's when he should have been forced to retire period with the transitioning into at least Harris and Fajardo remaining to battle it out.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    After today's latest fiasco, O'Connor should be starting next week and for the rest of the season.
    The history with our 3 QB's leaving, ultimately some can be attributed for the stupidity of manangement for staying with Ray too long, even after the GC 2017 season.
    That's when he should have been forced to retire period with the transitioning into at least Harris and Fajardo remaining to battle it out.
    Not the most ideal conditions for O’Conner. Terrible offensive playbook with a terrible o-line is recipe for disaster

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Not the most ideal conditions for O’Conner. Terrible offensive playbook with a terrible o-line is recipe for disaster
    That’s exactly why they shouldn’t play at this point, this O-Line is atrocious and Chapdelaine’s offence doesn’t strike fear into anyone.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Harris was gone before 2017.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    That’s exactly why they shouldn’t play at this point, this O-Line is atrocious and Chapdelaine’s offence doesn’t strike fear into anyone.
    I agree except Chapdelaine's offense does strike fear in somebody. THE FAN BASE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I agree except Chapdelaine's offense does strike fear in somebody. THE FAN BASE.
    And the Head Coach that hired him.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Sure would be interesting to go back and read the Fajardo reviews from commentators here when he got some playing time as an Argo - some thought he was at least impressive, others wrote him off big-time.
    Found these:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...7-Cody-Fajardo

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...4-Cody-Fajardo

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Haha, fun to read through and I like that I was on his side way back when as I'm definitely happy for him now and truly wish he was still with the Argos. The media keeps saying that he never was given a start with the Argos but I seem to remember that he started one game against Montreal and did not fare very well in that one. Am I confusing him with Jeff Matthews?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Nominated for best joke of the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Haha, fun to read through and I like that I was on his side way back when as I'm definitely happy for him now and truly wish he was still with the Argos. The media keeps saying that he never was given a start with the Argos but I seem to remember that he started one game against Montreal and did not fare very well in that one. Am I confusing him with Jeff Matthews?
    IIRC Matthews started, Fajardo played the second half. Neither distinguished himself that day.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    IIRC Matthews started, Fajardo played the second half. Neither distinguished himself that day.
    Correct, I remember because we were at this game in Montreal.

IIRC this was the only game that Ray didn't start that season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    BBDW (bring back Drew Willy)!
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I`ll be shocked if Prukop, and especially O`Connor play a down for this team this season; yup - better to stick with the average to mediocre performances of QBs who have shown they are not going to win consistently rather than go to a young QB and see what they can do.

Decision making of CFL coaching staffs - both rosters and play-book & calling; are teams like Ottawa, BC and the Argos really going to stick with their GM, HC and coaching staff after putrid, laughable seasons ÉÉÉ
    I have been calling for O'Connor to start for a few weeks now, mostly out of spite for the mostly horrible decisions of the coaching staff, and mostly lackluster performance of the current starting QBs. But I realize putting O'Connor into this mess will mostly be a disaster for him. But I if he doesn't play at least 1 series from here on out, I will be very disappointed over and above how disappointed I already am in this coaching staff/management.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I have been calling for O'Connor to start for a few weeks now, mostly out of spite for the mostly horrible decisions of the coaching staff, and mostly lackluster performance of the current starting QBs. But I realize putting O'Connor into this mess will mostly be a disaster for him. But I if he doesn't play at least 1 series from here on out, I will be very disappointed over and above how disappointed I already am in this coaching staff/management.
    I would like to see him dress and run the QB sneaks for now. He's a big athletic guy, and Prukop was horrible at it earlier in the year. Franklin to me should not see the field again as an Argo.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would like to see him dress and run the QB sneaks for now. He's a big athletic guy, and Prukop was horrible at it earlier in the year. Franklin to me should not see the field again as an Argo.
    I agree with you on this. I have been a big believer in Franklin, but have resigned myself to the fact he is not the guy. Some of it is on the team's mismanagement of him, but he hasn't helped himself either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would be happy with that as well. Has he not dressed? Everytime the depth chart comes out they list him as 4th string. Don't know why they are carrying 4 QBs, but I assumed if he's listed on the depth chart he is dressing. Am I wrong?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I would be happy with that as well. Has he not dressed? Everytime the depth chart comes out they list him as 4th string. Don't know why they are carrying 4 QBs, but I assumed if he's listed on the depth chart he is dressing. Am I wrong?
    He dressed while Franklin was on the IR, but only as #3. He has a really nice arm and is pretty big, and looked pretty nimble in the pre season game at Varsity. I wouldn't want to play him taking reps with this o-line right now. Similar situation in Hamilton with Larry Jusdanis. He got killed when he played and I think it ruined him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    We are carrying five QBs (five, actually, including Collaros) because two of them are kids with potential. Prukop presumably is ahead of O'Connor at this stage, and is also a useful guy on special teams. There are many things to criticize mgmt for, but keeping too many QBs is not one of them, especially if the alternative was letting O'Connor walk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    After the Argos are "officially" eliminated this weekend in BC I would like to see Prukop start or play a lot against Ottawa the following week. As others have said he's been here three years now and should have some knowledge of the offense and the League. Got see what he can do now. Let him get in there and allow him to use his legs when needed. Who would have thought at the start of the season that backup QB's Evans, Fajardo, Arbuckle, Adams, Streveler and Kilgore would all be starting and in most cases doing very well. Simplify the offense for him if needed. You don't need a 101 different plays that makes the OC sound smart. Then give O'Conner some plays in the second game against Ottawa. He has a strong arm and a quick release sounds perfect for a short passing game to get his feet wet and slow down the pass rush. They have four Import offensive linemen on the roster. I say start at least three of them, LT and both guards and drop one of the receiver's Smith or Edwards, they not seeing the ball much anyway. Let Noel and Gittens replace one of them. Give us season ticket holders a reason to look forward to coming to the games.
    Sorry about that James and McLeod I like you both as people, but we have seen enough, and because I like you I would love to see you both get some playoff money and a chance at winning the Grey Cup. Starting on the trade deadline October the 9th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Here's what's really interesting. The Argos for the better part of what, 4 decades, signed or developed ZERO young capable Qbs with no pro experience. Suddenly starting with Collaros, Harris, etc, the Argos actually started to acquire and develop young QBs. But they had Ray, who while extraordinary while healthy was injured a lot. The timing was just all wrong, and I actually don't blame management for this mess. I was one of the "keep Zach" camp in 2013, but they didn't. How many cups has Zach won? Ray won us another in 2017. I wanted Harris to stay, but he didn't again....2017...that's Ray. So here we are in 2019. All those QBs that the Argos developed are gone, and all we have to show for it is a Grey Cup in 2017. None of these guys we let go, brought their team to a Grey Cup, except maybe Harris who filled in for Burris when he was hurt.