Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    I was real jacked when they signed Fajardo... first recognizable QB signed from the NCAA in a long time. He never got a fair chance here though... for some reason.
    Ricky Ray.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Collaros traded to Winnipeg:

http://www.tsn.ca/1.1378878

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Prukop and O'Connor showed some promise today but obviously need some development. They may or may not develop into first string QBs. All that I ask is that the Argos not spend time developing them into first string QBs only to let them go to other teams, as has happened with Harris, Fajardo, and Collaros. This is getting monotonous.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    All I ask is that the Argos not develop MBT into a first-string quarterback and let him go to another team. This is getting monotonous.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    I was real jacked when they signed Fajardo... first recognizable QB signed from the NCAA in a long time. He never got a fair chance here though... for some reason.
    In fairness, Fajardo was injured midway through his first season and was stuck behind Ricky Ray in his second. There is little question though that he wasn't a QB that Marc Trestman was keen on.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    In fairness, Fajardo was injured midway through his first season and was stuck behind Ricky Ray in his second. There is little question though that he wasn't a QB that Marc Trestman was keen on.
    What Ravi said none of these guys were going to stick around until Ricky Ray decided he was going to retire. Just like in Hamilton if they decided to stick with Masoli going forward then Evans is going to sign elsewhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Going into free agency, 3 QB's should receive a lot of interest, if not resigned by present clubs.

. Masoli could be available if Evans gets Hamilton into the Grey Cup. Hamilton may try to avoid a QB controversy by trading Masoli. As the 2018 Eastern All-Star QB with 5209 passing yards, he should be the most sought after free agent QB. At 31 he is just approaching his most productive years.

. MBT is also 31 and many feel that his 4024 passing yards, would have been considerably higher, if he had the benefit of a good OC and especially if he played behind a good OL. He has received mixed reviews but even his harshest critics admire his toughness and determination under adverse conditions. Many also believe he could be a very effective starting QB. The question is do the Argos see him as their starting QB

. Arbuckle is only 26. After stepping in for the injured Mitchell he has proved to be a very good QB. He seems to have a huge upside and played enough games to dismiss any claims of being a one shot wonder. After being a starting QB, he may not want to be a long term back up to Mitchell.

A couple of other free agents who may get some attention:

.Nichols at 32, has been a long term starter and appears to have the confidence of the Winnipeg coaches. It is very likely he may be resigned by Winnipeg, especially if O'Shea remains as head coach.

.Collaros has shown the potential to be a very good starting QB but injuries have hampered him considerably and there is some doubt if he will ever return to the form he had a few years ago. Winnipeg could resign him but it is doubtful.

. Prukop --not as a starting QB but could be a very attractive candidate as a back up. He is very mobile, tough and appears to remain cool under pressure and has shown he can throw an accurate long pass. He has shown, albeit, in only 3 quarters, he could continue the line of QB's the Argos have let go only for them to star elsewhere.

The above is all very subjective and I'm sure other will have different opinions. I welcome your comments.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree with most of your assessments, Shatto. Interestingly, Franklin is not on your list (or on mine). IMO he has played himself right out of the league.

It will be very interesting to see how things unfold. I can see Hamilton trying to re-sign Masoli, regardless of how well they do in post-season. They likely wouldn't want to give Masoli a big raise, but could sustain similar salaries to what he and Evans are making at the moment. Whether that would work for either guy is an open question. No idea whether Hayden Moore can develop into a decent QB but his performance in the last game was way below the performance Evans had in last year's last game against Mtl.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree with most of your assessments, Shatto. Interestingly, Franklin is not on your list (or on mine). IMO he has played himself right out of the league.

It will be very interesting to see how things unfold. I can see Hamilton trying to re-sign Masoli, regardless of how well they do in post-season. They likely wouldn't want to give Masoli a big raise, but could sustain similar salaries to what he and Evans are making at the moment. Whether that would work for either guy is an open question. No idea whether Hayden Moore can develop into a decent QB but his performance in the last game was way below the performance Evans had in last year's last game against Mtl.
    I agree Franklin May have played himself out of the league, but when the dominos fall in a few weeks, I can see a scenario where Maas is BC’s HC and Franklin is re-united with Maas and Hervey to once again back up Mike Reilly.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree Franklin May have played himself out of the league, but when the dominos fall in a few weeks, I can see a scenario where Maas is BC’s HC and Franklin is re-united with Maas and Hervey to once again back up Mike Reilly.
    I still think Franklin has some value in a backup role, incredible how things have played out since the trade with Edmonton a couple of years ago.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I still think Franklin has some value in a backup role, incredible how things have played out since the trade with Edmonton a couple of years ago.
    Considering that every primary starting QB in the CFL missed some time this year and replacements had to be found, I expect Franklin will be in someone's TC and even if he gets cut, I would not be surprised to see him brought in to backup as QB injuries occur.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    With Hamilton and Winnipeg having made it to the Grey Cup, it raises some interesting speculations around QB's.

Evans has confirmed his status as a very effective starting QB, which could possibly make Masoli available through trade or free agency. If Hamilton believes Evans to be their QB of the future, they would obviously, prefer to trade Masoli rather than seeing him leave through free agency. In either case there could be a bidding war and the question is whether the Argos would be willing to pay the price.

Winnipeg has to decide if Nichols or Collaros is to be their number 1 QB next year. Originally, it appeared Nichols would have been the preferred choice but play of Collaros recently, has made that decision a little more difficult for them. If they do decide to sign Collaros, the 3rd round choice owed to the Argos, gets bumped up to a 1st rounder. If he is not offered a contract by Winnipeg, he would most likely look at returning to the Argos. Potentially, win-win situation for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    With Hamilton and Winnipeg having made it to the Grey Cup, it raises some interesting speculations around QB's.

Evans has confirmed his status as a very effective starting QB, which could possibly make Masoli available through trade or free agency. If Hamilton believes Evans to be their QB of the future, they would obviously, prefer to trade Masoli rather than seeing him leave through free agency. In either case there could be a bidding war and the question is whether the Argos would be willing to pay the price.

Winnipeg has to decide if Nichols or Collaros is to be their number 1 QB next year. Originally, it appeared Nichols would have been the preferred choice but play of Collaros recently, has made that decision a little more difficult for them. If they do decide to sign Collaros, the 3rd round choice owed to the Argos, gets bumped up to a 1st rounder. If he is not offered a contract by Winnipeg, he would most likely look at returning to the Argos. Potentially, win-win situation for the Argos.
    My understanding is the Argos get the 3rd round pick with the additional 1st round pick added if Collaros signs in Winnipeg.
    Last edited by Argo57; 11-19-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post

Win/win. Also, add to the fact that the Argos now know what Collaros still has to offer. The trade to Winnipeg provided clear evidence that Zach remains a number 1 QB in the league. Winnipeg appears to be in a very difficult position. The QB they don’t sign next year could be the one they wished they did. Also, could lose their HC and OC. I suspect they might have to promote their OC is O’Shea leaves.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin