Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Harris, Collaros, Fajardo, Kilgore and probably Franklin Argos - CFL QB Farm Team

Harris, Collaros, Fajardo, Kilgore and probably Franklin. The Toronto Argonauts - QB farm team of the CFL. Is it possible for the team to keep a young QB?

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    While he was never an Argo, it is slightly frustrating that Popp was the one who found Vernon Adams Jr.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    While he was never an Argo, it is slightly frustrating that Popp was the one who found Vernon Adams Jr.
    Altho he was originally on B.C.'s neg list, IIRC, and had to be obtained for a first-round draft pick. So some credit to Wally as well.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    At least Harris and Collaros were understandable as we had Ray in MVP form. We're probably going to lose Franklin because MBT!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not thinking about the future, and holding onto Ricky Ray too long lead to the Argos losing Harris, Collaros in his prime, and Fajardo. It’ll probably happen again now with the morons leading this team sticking with the clearly backup at best Bethel-Thompson.

Prukop and O’Connor should get the rest of the reps this season IMO, but I see no point in holding my breath on that, as the morons will ride Bethel-Thompson and Franklin until the fat lady sings.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Not thinking about the future, and holding onto Ricky Ray too long lead to the Argos losing Harris, Collaros in his prime, and Fajardo. It’ll probably happen again now with the morons leading this team sticking with the clearly backup at best Bethel-Thompson.

Prukop and O’Connor should get the rest of the reps this season IMO, but I see no point in holding my breath on that, as the morons will ride Bethel-Thompson and Franklin until the fat lady sings.

I`ll be shocked if Prukop, and especially O`Connor play a down for this team this season; yup - better to stick with the average to mediocre performances of QBs who have shown they are not going to win consistently rather than go to a young QB and see what they can do.

Decision making of CFL coaching staffs - both rosters and play-book & calling; are teams like Ottawa, BC and the Argos really going to stick with their GM, HC and coaching staff after putrid, laughable seasons ÉÉÉ

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    After today's latest fiasco, O'Connor should be starting next week and for the rest of the season.
    Or alternating with Prukop.
    The history with our 3 QB's leaving, ultimately some can be attributed for the stupidity of manangement for staying with Ray too long, even after the GC 2017 season.
    That's when he should have been forced to retire period with the transitioning into at least Harris and Fajardo remaining to battle it out.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    After today's latest fiasco, O'Connor should be starting next week and for the rest of the season.
    The history with our 3 QB's leaving, ultimately some can be attributed for the stupidity of manangement for staying with Ray too long, even after the GC 2017 season.
    That's when he should have been forced to retire period with the transitioning into at least Harris and Fajardo remaining to battle it out.
    Not the most ideal conditions for O’Conner. Terrible offensive playbook with a terrible o-line is recipe for disaster

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Not the most ideal conditions for O’Conner. Terrible offensive playbook with a terrible o-line is recipe for disaster
    That’s exactly why they shouldn’t play at this point, this O-Line is atrocious and Chapdelaine’s offence doesn’t strike fear into anyone.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Harris was gone before 2017.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I`ll be shocked if Prukop, and especially O`Connor play a down for this team this season; yup - better to stick with the average to mediocre performances of QBs who have shown they are not going to win consistently rather than go to a young QB and see what they can do.

Decision making of CFL coaching staffs - both rosters and play-book & calling; are teams like Ottawa, BC and the Argos really going to stick with their GM, HC and coaching staff after putrid, laughable seasons ÉÉÉ
    I have been calling for O'Connor to start for a few weeks now, mostly out of spite for the mostly horrible decisions of the coaching staff, and mostly lackluster performance of the current starting QBs. But I realize putting O'Connor into this mess will mostly be a disaster for him. But I if he doesn't play at least 1 series from here on out, I will be very disappointed over and above how disappointed I already am in this coaching staff/management.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I have been calling for O'Connor to start for a few weeks now, mostly out of spite for the mostly horrible decisions of the coaching staff, and mostly lackluster performance of the current starting QBs. But I realize putting O'Connor into this mess will mostly be a disaster for him. But I if he doesn't play at least 1 series from here on out, I will be very disappointed over and above how disappointed I already am in this coaching staff/management.
    I would like to see him dress and run the QB sneaks for now. He's a big athletic guy, and Prukop was horrible at it earlier in the year. Franklin to me should not see the field again as an Argo.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would like to see him dress and run the QB sneaks for now. He's a big athletic guy, and Prukop was horrible at it earlier in the year. Franklin to me should not see the field again as an Argo.
    I agree with you on this. I have been a big believer in Franklin, but have resigned myself to the fact he is not the guy. Some of it is on the team's mismanagement of him, but he hasn't helped himself either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I would be happy with that as well. Has he not dressed? Everytime the depth chart comes out they list him as 4th string. Don't know why they are carrying 4 QBs, but I assumed if he's listed on the depth chart he is dressing. Am I wrong?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    After the Argos are "officially" eliminated this weekend in BC I would like to see Prukop start or play a lot against Ottawa the following week. As others have said he's been here three years now and should have some knowledge of the offense and the League. Got see what he can do now. Let him get in there and allow him to use his legs when needed. Who would have thought at the start of the season that backup QB's Evans, Fajardo, Arbuckle, Adams, Streveler and Kilgore would all be starting and in most cases doing very well. Simplify the offense for him if needed. You don't need a 101 different plays that makes the OC sound smart. Then give O'Conner some plays in the second game against Ottawa. He has a strong arm and a quick release sounds perfect for a short passing game to get his feet wet and slow down the pass rush. They have four Import offensive linemen on the roster. I say start at least three of them, LT and both guards and drop one of the receiver's Smith or Edwards, they not seeing the ball much anyway. Let Noel and Gittens replace one of them. Give us season ticket holders a reason to look forward to coming to the games.
    Sorry about that James and McLeod I like you both as people, but we have seen enough, and because I like you I would love to see you both get some playoff money and a chance at winning the Grey Cup. Starting on the trade deadline October the 9th.

Boatman
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    After the Argos are "officially" eliminated this weekend in BC I would like to see Prukop start or play a lot against Ottawa the following week. As others have said he's been here three years now and should have some knowledge of the offense and the League. Got see what he can do now. Let him get in there and allow him to use his legs when needed. Who would have thought at the start of the season that backup QB's Evans, Fajardo, Arbuckle, Adams, Streveler and Kilgore would all be starting and in most cases doing very well. Simplify the offense for him if needed. You don't need a 101 different plays that makes the OC sound smart. Then give O'Conner some plays in the second game against Ottawa. He has a strong arm and a quick release sounds perfect for a short passing game to get his feet wet and slow down the pass rush. They have four Import offensive linemen on the roster. I say start at least three of them, LT and both guards and drop one of the receiver's Smith or Edwards, they not seeing the ball much anyway. Let Noel and Gittens replace one of them. Give us season ticket holders a reason to look forward to coming to the games.
    Sorry about that James and McLeod I like you both as people, but we have seen enough, and because I like you I would love to see you both get some playoff money and a chance at winning the Grey Cup. Starting on the trade deadline October the 9th.
    Argos may not yet be "officially eliminated" but here is their status, for those who may believe they will finish the year with a five-game win streak (cough cough)...
    They are like the small-mouth bass "keeper", in the bottom of my 14-ft aluminum boat a couple weekends ago. Flipping, flopping and gasping for breath until
    I crush its skull with my knock-out stick (which the Lions will do in a few days)
    PS
    for those who are voting, this is my 2019 entry for Laff of the Year...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sanchez saying that one of MBT or Franklin will be traded to Winnipeg:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFL_News/...41700718219264

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Sanchez saying that one of MBT or Franklin will be traded to Winnipeg:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CFL_News/...41700718219264
    Maybe that's why Chamblin hasn't named a starting QB yet for the game against the Lions. Frank Z. also mentioned in his article that Zach Collaros was taking some reps this week.
    Conditional draft pick would be about all Winnipeg would give up IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Maybe that's why Chamblin hasn't named a starting QB yet for the game against the Lions. Frank Z. also mentioned in his article that Zach Collaros was taking some reps this week.
    Conditional draft pick would be about all Winnipeg would give up IMO.
    What you mean that we won't be able to get what Winnipeg got from us for Drew Willy?!?
    :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Exclamation Bombers, Argos have discussed trade for Zach Collaros

Bombers, Argos have discussed trade for Zach Collaros:

https://3downnation.com/2019/10/08/b...zach-collaros/