Thread: Auston Mathews

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Auston Mathews

The Toronto Maple Leafs and the NHL so far have been very quiet on Auston Mathews drunken actions with a female security guard back in May at Scottsdale, Arizona.
    I believe the Leafs were blindsided on this like everybody else in Toronto. I don't think Mathews can pass this off as a nothing burger, not in our present political correct world.
    I'm not a lawyer by any means, but the fact his has been charged and will maybe have a record affect his coming into Canada because he is a US citizen?
    The best way out of this might be an out of court settlement, where this lady gets some of Auston's money and he gets a big lesson on how to grow up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The Toronto Maple Leafs and the NHL so far have been very quiet on Auston Mathews drunken actions with a female security guard back in May at Scottsdale, Arizona.
    I believe the Leafs were blindsided on this like everybody else in Toronto. I don't think Mathews can pass this off as a nothing burger, not in our present political correct world.
    I'm not a lawyer by any means, but the fact his has been charged and will maybe have a record affect his coming into Canada because he is a US citizen?
    The best way out of this might be an out of court settlement, where this lady gets some of Auston's money and he gets a big lesson on how to grow up.
    I'm not a lawyer either, but this is not a civil suit, so I don't think paying off the lady would make it go away. Having said that, it is a misdemeanor charge, so I don't believe it would limit his ability to enter or leave the country. My guess is it gets thrown out with some sort of charitable action on his part being the condition.
    It's us vs the rest of the country