Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Argos Say They Are Available At The Trade Deadline

The Argos have made it clear that they are available for trades as the deadline approaches despite just having a new GM in the form of Pinball take over. With regard to Collaros, who Winnipeg has asked about, I would prefer to trade him for almost nothing because, despite loving his performance at the height of his career, basing anything on a QB who has his concussion history is almost certainly inviting disaster.

[QUOTE]
    The Toronto Argonauts are open for business.
    “Available. It’s plain and simple,” John Murphy told TSN’s Matthew Scianitti.
    “There’s probably people that have made phone calls or reached out about ideas and I’m sure they’ll do that again.”

The CFL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, October 9 at 5 p.m. eastern time. Michael ‘Pinball’ Clemons and Murphy have been hired by team president Bill Manning as general manager and vice president of player personnel, respectively after Jim Popp was let go. Clemons will make the final decisions on any roster moves.

Toronto has a number of players with expiring contracts including quarterbacks Zach Collaros; James Franklin; McLeod Bethel-Thompson, running back James Wilder Jr.; receivers Derel Walker; S.J. Green; Armanti Edwards; national offensive linemen Sean McEwen; Jamal Campbell; and Canadian defensive lineman Cleyon Laing. ...

“Spending time evaluating what people may have said in the last few weeks, where we feel we’re at, strengths and weaknesses and is there something that makes sense to do it for the betterment of the team moving forward,” Murphy said.

Not just a panic move or not just a trade to make a trade.”

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have called about Collaros, according to 3DownNation insider Justin Dunk. There could be some movement as the time cut-off for deals approaches.

[/QUOTE]
    ​https://3downnation.com/2019/10/08/argos-available-for-trade-deadline-deals/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm surprised Walker was only on a 1 year comtract. But I wouldn't be surprised if McEwen heads home to Calgary, they're in need of a National Center.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I had almost forgotten about John Murphy working for the Argos under Jim Popp. Seemed to fly under the radar so to speak. What star player has he been credited with signing so far. Anybody who has worked under John Hufnagel in Calgary seems to have the reputation of being a good recruiter, while they were there. Jim Barker, Chris Jones and now John Murphy. So I hope that is still true with John Murphy. But I keep coming back in my mind as to who was/is the common denominator in Calgary through the years. John Hufnagel. Player personnel people come and go but Calgary Stampeders keep finding good players like they were on an assembly line. Even picking last most years in the CFL draft they keep finding good Canadian ball players. So I hope John has learned well at the feet of Huff. Pinball must believe in him as I don't think these moves were made over night.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The Bombers need a QB that can play right away. So if Collaros isn't a Bomber today than IMO he didn't clear the physical part.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I'm surprised Walker was only on a 1 year comtract. But I wouldn't be surprised if McEwen heads home to Calgary, they're in need of a National Center.
    McEwen had a chance to leave previously and didn't so I think there is a good chance that he stays in Toronto.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force