Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Actually Theismann was Miami's 4th round pick in 1971. The Dolphins tried to low ball him which gave Leo Cahill his chance to strike. Leo would say later that Bassett told him "don't come back without him" (Theismann).
    I'm not so sure any US College QB can have the early success as Joe did in the CFL. The game was much simpler back then, and more exciting IMO.
    Then Dolphins HC Don Shula was plenty upset with Leo for signing him!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Hey fellas,

The Seriously-Off-Topic store called. They're running out of Seriously-Off-Topic.

What should Manning, Pinball, and Hogie do next year to turn this ship around???

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    OK - you're right. Prokup and Bethel Thompson next year it is. I'll be finding something else to do however.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    OK - you're right. Prokup and Bethel Thompson next year it is. I'll be finding something else to do however.
    Maybe we should let the actual people in charge make those decisions instead of taking comments from self proclaimed experts seriously. (I include myself in that category). Nothing wrong as a fan from having an opinion especially a ST holder.

I often wonder how Tobin Rote would do in today's CFL. He was a big guy who could sling it, but could actually run a bit when necessary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Maybe we should let the actual people in charge make those decisions instead of taking comments from self proclaimed experts seriously. (I include myself in that category). Nothing wrong as a fan from having an opinion especially a ST holder.

I often wonder how Tobin Rote would do in today's CFL. He was a big guy who could sling it, but could actually run a bit when necessary.
    True! I’m confident that “Pinball” has constructive ideas to reengage the fans.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Force the team to be sold to somebody who gives a crap and knows even a bit about Canadian football; unlike the clown, gong show that is in charge now.

Maybe Pinball can walk on water though to steer the good ship off the rocks inspite of moron, clueless dork corporate clown owners; good luck there skipper.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Force the team to be sold to somebody who gives a crap and knows even a bit about Canadian football; unlike the clown, gong show that is in charge now.

Maybe Pinball can walk on water though to steer the good ship off the rocks inspite of moron, clueless dork corporate clown owners; good luck there skipper.
    I actually have faith in MLSE. They have the finacial where with all to have a long term plan here. It's going to take up to 10 years yo fix this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Actually Theismann was Miami's 4th round pick in 1971. The Dolphins tried to low ball him which gave Leo Cahill his chance to strike. Leo would say later that Bassett told him "don't come back without him" (Theismann).
    I'm not so sure any US College QB can have the early success as Joe did in the CFL. The game was much simpler back then, and more exciting IMO.
    LOL

CFL offences were 10x more complex in those days compared to simpleton CFL offences of today; then, there was a real ground game, fullbacks, tight ends and varied passing game with plenty of deep passes in the mix.

Theissman was a talented QB who got a shot to play in the CFL cause the NFL didn`t really want him at QB, AND he got lucky to play with a lot of talent on that Argo offence in 71.

Clements and Ricky Ray are clear examples of US college ball QBs who had immediate CFL sucess; there are plenty of others who did not necessarily go on to be CFL HOF type QBs

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by antwon View Post
    i actually have faith in mlse. They have the finacial where with all to have a long term plan here. It's going to take up to 10 years yo fix this.

lol !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    My request is to get rid of the fugly uniforms. They look like practice jerseys. Go back to the jerseys that they had just prior to the change, or (if they really wanted to make me happy, and history has shown that they don't.....) go back to the Holloway / Greer 80's beauties. Those are my all-time favourite jerseys. I'm kicking myself for not getting one when they wore them for that one game a few years ago.

And stop going with the monochromatic look. It looks collegiate, not professional. Overall the whole ensemble looks amateurish, and not to the great double-blue that we loved. I have zero interest in getting a replica jersey, but would get one if they changed to something worth getting. It was a failure of epic proportions by New Era.

I know that those are cosmetic changes. All of the changes of substance are too long to get in to. But if you can't be good then at least look good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    My request is to get rid of the fugly uniforms. They look like practice jerseys. Go back to the jerseys that they had just prior to the change, or (if they really wanted to make me happy, and history has shown that they don't.....) go back to the Holloway / Greer 80's beauties. Those are my all-time favourite jerseys. I'm kicking myself for not getting one when they wore them for that one game a few years ago.

And stop going with the monochromatic look. It looks collegiate, not professional. Overall the whole ensemble looks amateurish, and not to the great double-blue that we loved. I have zero interest in getting a replica jersey, but would get one if they changed to something worth getting. It was a failure of epic proportions by New Era.

I know that those are cosmetic changes. All of the changes of substance are too long to get in to. But if you can't be good then at least look good.
    Well said, I feel the same way, these shitty uniforms will alway be a reminder of the 2019 season in which the team played as bad as they looked.
    The Argonauts for the most part have always had the nicest look in the CFL except for this year.
    The 1983 would be fine but the 1991 colour combo with the boat logo (either as is or slightly updated) would be fantastic!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Had a buddy come to my house to watch an Argo game earlier this season. He is a casual fan. For a living he owns a sports apparel company. His exact words" looks like the Argos are wearing practise jerseys". I can't disagree with him. How New Era and the CFL for that matter signed off on those bland uniforms is beyond me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Had a buddy come to my house to watch an Argo game earlier this season. He is a casual fan. For a living he owns a sports apparel company. His exact words" looks like the Argos are wearing practise jerseys". I can't disagree with him. How New Era and the CFL for that matter signed off on those bland uniforms is beyond me.
    Prior to the season I was looking forward to the new uniforms and planned to buy a jersey until I saw them.
    They do in fact look like practice jerseys but the worst part is they will always be synonymous with the 2019 season which is high amongst the worst seasons I’ve experienced as a fan.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Agreed. These are the worst Argonauts Jerseys ever. I guess they're appropriate for this team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The wrong shade of blue, most noticeably on the dark jerseys, doesn’t help. You would think the Argos would have some say on the final product, not just the CFL. Big indicator is sales, hardy anyone invested in these. I too think we will look back on 2019 and remember the awful jerseys to match the season. Time to deep six em.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like the numbers but don't like anything else about these uniforms. I know it's an unpopular opinion but they look even worse with the boat logo on the helmet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    LOL

CFL offences were 10x more complex in those days compared to simpleton CFL offences of today; then, there was a real ground game, fullbacks, tight ends and varied passing game with plenty of deep passes in the mix.

Theissman was a talented QB who got a shot to play in the CFL cause the NFL didn`t really want him at QB, AND he got lucky to play with a lot of talent on that Argo offence in 71.

Clements and Ricky Ray are clear examples of US college ball QBs who had immediate CFL sucess; there are plenty of others who did not necessarily go on to be CFL HOF type QBs
    That's been awhile. So maybe the QB's coming into the League now aren't as good as they used to be.

But what I was talking about the offenses now being more complex I meant all the terminology. When I played we had Fullbacks, Tight Ends, Half Backs. Lots of running and deep passes and I called my own plays. I didn't think it was complicated at all.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I honestly wouldn't mind terribly if they decided to wear Hawaiian shirts and bowler hats next season... just so long as the coaching staff is upgraded... the front office is expanded... and the guys wearing the funny shirts are much better right across the board than they were this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level

reading stuff like this makes it clear you actually want the Argos to fold or move. But sadly we're stuck with the big bad MLSE that saved the team from an untimely death recently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    reading stuff like this makes it clear you actually want the Argos to fold or move. But sadly we're stuck with the big bad MLSE that saved the team from an untimely death recently.
    You actually believe i want the Argos to move or fold ÉÉÉ= OK, whatever.

You`re stuck with your corporate hero, clown act biznessment to run the Argos - good luck with that; what do you think of the pathetic, embarassing attendance and lack of improvements in Argo profile, respect or interest under their watch for the past couple of years- let`s hear all the positives you can site with these dorks in charge of the Argos.