Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Suggestions for Next Year

I'll start.

More and better merch, especially for women - the offerings through RealSports have been pretty poor. Why is the best site for Argonauts merch run by Sportchek? Why no womens' jerseys? Cute tops and hats? I've said it before and I'll say it again: look at the crowd at a blue Jays game. A lot of the girls in the crowd (especially the 20 and 30 somethings) are decked out in cute team apparel and caps, and instagramming a lot of the time. Very helpful for a teams image, especially with a generation that had been difficult to court.

Invite (ie PAY) popular influencers to attend and report on the games - I guess I'm too told to "get it", but these online influencers have tremendous sway over a lot of people. They make content that millions of people see. Why not bring a few of them down to the game so they can report back what a great experience it is? The game day experience at BMO is awesome, but not enough people have figured that out.

Bring back the tailgate - Did Doug Fords new tailgating laws ever come into effect? If so, the team has to jump on that. I know some of you think "the team shouldn't be involved, it has to be organic" but without a tradition of tailgating, a lot of the fans still dont know what's up and what's allowed. The team can facilitate and nurture. No more cramped shipyard. Make a standing fan area adjacent to a section of parking lot reserved for tailgating. And sell tailgating merch (tents, flags, etc.). Why do I feel so strongly about the tailgate? Because fans in Toronto can 1) choose from among a whole bunch of sporting events, and 2) view the game from the comfort of their home. A real tailgate solves both problems. It's an experience no other Toronto team is offering and it can only be experienced by coming to the game.

Bring back the Argos Afterparty, for real though - Some of my best Argo memories are in the bar at Jack Astors after the game. Shaking Kevin Huntley's hand (ie being engulfed by it), talking Arena vs CFL with Lin-J Shell, complaining to Ryan Dinwiddie how my girlfriend has a crush on him, complaining to Alex Buzbee about how my girlfriend has a crush on him, complaining to Mike Bradford about how my girlfriend has a... wait a minute... anyways, with what other sports team can you do that??? Nobody! I would bring my friends there and theyd be blown away by it. I went to one of the afterparties in 2008 (after a win!) And only saw Jim Popp, Frank Beltre, and Woodson, and they weren't even mingling with the fans. Bring back the old afterparty, I loved it!

Win games... for the love of God, win games! - What a shame that 2016, our first year in BMO, was also a nightmare on the field. The teams in 2016, 2018, and 2019 have not only been bad, they're just awful to watch. They consistently give up 14 to 20 points in the first quarter, then tread water for the rest of the game! We cant take much more of that. PLEASE put together a team that is fun to watch.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    STH discount should apply on online purchases, especially if the stadium kiosks don’t have the same merchandise available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Exclamation

Head coach needs to ne replaced.

Both Macleod Bethel-Thompson and James Franklin need to be off the roster and replaced with much better QBs.

Enough of this garbage schedule. We've had 1 good schedule in the past decade!

The Argonauts need to have at least 7 of their 9 home games on Saturdays or Sundays. Preferably afternoon kickoffs. Ideally 4PM kickoffs.
    We also need 5 of our 9 home games in the Summer.
    All weekday games have to start at 7:30 PM Local time. That extra 30 minutes is the difference between getting to our seats in time for kickoff.

No more giving away home games for things like the Touchdown Atlantic. The Argonauts have already given away more than their fair share of home games! You don't build a fanbase by having less home games for them to attend. Let Saskatchewan give away the next regular season home game!

Remove the rickity, unused Stands from the North Endzone to bring back that very popular Common Area.

What is going on with the merchandise? Now I can't even get it at BMO Field. For 3 games I've gone to every Kiosk in the stadium to try to buy a Boat Logo T Shirt and all that's been available is Size Small and once I found a Size Medium. Where are the larger sizes and why can no one in the kiosks answer questions about the merchandise?

Why is there no longer any women's sized apparel?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Steve Simmons in today’s Sun suggests “Pinball” might be the next Argos HC:

“Pinball Clemons, the old Argos coach and player, is the new Argos general manager. But might he end up as the next Toronto coach? Don’t rule it out. Pinball has the experienced John Murphy to do the scouting and contract negotiations for him. That could leave him free to coach the team … Pinball doesn’t know this story: He was sent a pile of text messages upon his appointment as GM. Problem is, they went to a phone number that he no longer has. So all kinds of people have sent him messages that he may not ever see. If you didn’t get your text returned by Pinball, this is probably why. Today’s world being today’s world, some of the texts have been posted on Instagram”

https://torontosun.com/sports/baseba...ract-extension
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post

What is going on with the merchandise? Now I can't even get it at BMO Field. For 3 games I've gone to every Kiosk in the stadium to try to buy a Boat Logo T Shirt and all that's been available is Size Small and once I found a Size Medium. Where are the larger sizes and why can no one in the kiosks answer questions about the merchandise?
    These have been advertised as limited quantities. Once they're sold, they're sold.

Boatman
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

No more giving away home games for things like the Touchdown Atlantic. The Argonauts have already given away more than their fair share of home games! You don't build a fanbase by having less home games for them to attend. Let Saskatchewan give away the next regular season home game!
    The league is going to try to play a game in Mexico next year.The Argonauts are the most likely candidate to give up the home date.It will be great for the CFL 2.0 initiative and really help promote the game of football in another country.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    The league is going to try to play a game in Mexico next year.The Argonauts are the most likely candidate to give up the home date.It will be great for the CFL 2.0 initiative and really help promote the game of football in another country.
    That’s wonderful, time for some other team give up a home date.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    And really do the opposite of promoting football in this market, if we give up the game. Has to be B.C.'s turn, doesn't it?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Steve Simmons in today’s Sun suggests “Pinball” might be the next Argos HC:

“Pinball Clemons, the old Argos coach and player, is the new Argos general manager. But might he end up as the next Toronto coach? Don’t rule it out. Pinball has the experienced John Murphy to do the scouting and contract negotiations for him. That could leave him free to coach the team … Pinball doesn’t know this story: He was sent a pile of text messages upon his appointment as GM. Problem is, they went to a phone number that he no longer has. So all kinds of people have sent him messages that he may not ever see. If you didn’t get your text returned by Pinball, this is probably why. Today’s world being today’s world, some of the texts have been posted on Instagram”

https://torontosun.com/sports/baseba...ract-extension
    You know there might be something to that, as apparently Cory was asked if he would come back as the DC only and he said no. That tells me he probably won't be back unless Pinball gives him another year with new assistants. That year might be very short though if things don't get turned around.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    You know there might be something to that, as apparently Cory was asked if he would come back as the DC only and he said no. That tells me he probably won't be back unless Pinball gives him another year with new assistants. That year might be very short though if things don't get turned around.
    Cut bait with Chamblin and his staff and put this debacle of a season behind us.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Chamblin is well within his rights as an employee to assert that he will continue to do his existing job, and the organization is well within its rights to either retain or dismiss him. They could also offer to reassign him to DC, but that seems unlikely given all the baggage he has accumulated in this lost season. IMO he and most of his assistants will be terminated in the next 3-4 weeks as the org starts fresh on football ops. Whether that's with Pinball as HC remains to be seen, but it's certainly possible (and if Naylor is reporting it as a possibility, there's likely some substance to the speculation).
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Chamblin is well within his rights as an employee to assert that he will continue to do his existing job, and the organization is well within its rights to either retain or dismiss him. They could also offer to reassign him to DC, but that seems unlikely given all the baggage he has accumulated in this lost season. IMO he and most of his assistants will be terminated in the next 3-4 weeks as the org starts fresh on football ops. Whether that's with Pinball as HC remains to be seen, but it's certainly possible (and if Naylor is reporting it as a possibility, there's likely some substance to the speculation).
    Was the initial rumour not Eric Tillman as next GM of the Argos? I just don't see Pinball as next HC...but a lot can happen in the next couple months.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    These have been advertised as limited quantities. Once they're sold, they're sold.
    I started looking at the first home game that they were available. I only found Size Small and Medium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great, let Saskatchewan give up a Regular Season Home Game. The Argonauts have already done well more than their fair share. If they really must have the Argonauts there then we can be the Away team.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Completely agree with others who note that the quarterback play must be significantly improved. Of the existing roster players, I would only retain O'Connor... clinging to the faint hope that a CFL team might actually be able to develop a home-brew at the most important position on the team. All other quarterbacks on the existing roster should go. MLSE should allocate whatever resources are needed to recruit 2 new pivots for next season. One might be an NFL journeyman... not too old (26 or less), someone who is mobile, has a strong arm and solid leadership qualities. I believe that these players do exist on the fringes of NFL rosters... especially once they lose the ability to be placed on someone's practice roster. The other should be a graduating 4 year college player. You obviously can't get a player who is projected to be taken in the NFL draft... but there are plenty of bonafide NCAA starters who are not drafted upon graduation. They'll just need to convince someone that a decent contract... and a clear shot at a starting job in the CFL... might be the best way to get into pro football rather than the NFL UDFA route.

I remember when Leo Cahill pulled off this very feat back in the early 1970s... when the team had soured on the tandem of Tom Wilkinson and Don Jonas (far too soon as it turned out). The Argos handed to the reins to pro veteran Greg Barton... and a skinny kid from Notre Dame named Theismann. Although Wilkinson and Jonas would quickly become all stars with Western Conference teams... the duo of Theismann and Barton led the Argos to a berth in the Grey Cup game in their first season. Just saying.

Of course the Argos added a ton of additional talent for the season in question... McQuay, Stillwagon, Mack, Wells, Eben, Corrigal, Andrusyshyn and others. The team will have to recruit impactful talent at virtually all positions on the roster in order to make the new quarterbacks look good. The good news... despite the rise of some dubious new leagues down south... there always seems to be an endless supply of good and virtually unknown football players available every winter.

Achievements:
    Level
    I started looking at the first home game that they were available. I only found Size Small and Medium.
    If you're referring to the boat logo retro shirts from New Era, those came out in September. Those are the ones I never saw in larger sizes but smalls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If you're referring to the boat logo retro shirts from New Era, those came out in September. Those are the ones I never saw in larger sizes but smalls.
    Correct. I only ever found them in Small and Medium.

Achievements:
    Level
    Correct. I only ever found them in Small and Medium.
    They sold out fast.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Under player suggestions for next year here are players I would like to see back. Imports: Got to have: WR Derel Walker, Rodney Smith, S.J. Green, RB/KR Chris Rainey, OLB Micah Awe, MLB Tobi Antigha, CB/S Alden Darby and CB Jonathan Mincy

Come back and win a job: WR Armanti Edwards, RB Brandon Burks, A.J. Ouellette, OL Isiah Cage, LB/RE Kennan Gilchrest, DE Fred Bishop, DT Davon Coleman, DT Jhaustin Thomas, DB Trumaine Washington, LB Ian Wild, LB Bear Woods, CB Jonathan Dowling, QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson, QB Zach Collaros, DB Kevin Fogg, DB Lorenzo White. Need to see an upgrade in the Import talent at some of these positions for sure.

Canadian Players will in most cases be brought back. Got to have:
    OT Jamal Campbell, OC Sean McEwen, SB/ST Llevi Noel, DT Cleon Laing, DB Robert Woodson, DE Rob Smith
    Players on the bubble: DT Hassan Barry, LB Sean Harrington, LB Nakas Onyeka, WR Alex Charette, K Tyler Crapigna, K ZacK Medeiros, LS Joe Spaziani

Global Players. Apparently there will be two on the roster. I found 3 offensive linemen and 4 defensive linemen seniors on NCAA Div I teams. Also 5 senior punters on NCAA Div I teams. Those along with a better selection being brought to the combine, we should see an improvement in the calibre of the Global players. However we don't know how they are going to be used. As anyone can play on special teams, a good Global punter might be of value.

A good draft of those 4 picks in the first three rounds is critical to keep good players coming. Maybe Ryan Hunter finally shows up next fall, after two years on the PR.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobin Rote View Post
    All other quarterbacks on the existing roster should go. MLSE should allocate whatever resources are needed to recruit 2 new pivots for next season. One might be an NFL journeyman... not too old (26 or less), someone who is mobile, has a strong arm and solid leadership qualities. I believe that these players do exist on the fringes of NFL rosters... especially once they lose the ability to be placed on someone's practice roster. The other should be a graduating 4 year college player. You obviously can't get a player who is projected to be taken in the NFL draft... but there are plenty of bonafide NCAA starters who are not drafted upon graduation. They'll just need to convince someone that a decent contract... and a clear shot at a starting job in the CFL... might be the best way to get into pro football rather than the NFL UDFA route.

I remember when Leo Cahill pulled off this very feat back in the early 1970s... when the team had soured on the tandem of Tom Wilkinson and Don Jonas (far too soon as it turned out). The Argos handed to the reins to pro veteran Greg Barton... and a skinny kid from Notre Dame named Theismann. Although Wilkinson and Jonas would quickly become all stars with Western Conference teams... the duo of Theismann and Barton led the Argos to a berth in the Grey Cup game in their first season. Just saying.
    I get that not everyone is as enamoured of MBT as I am, but what makes you believe an NFL journeyman would do better next year than a guy with more than 20 starts in the CFL, the majority of them quality starts at that? It takes almost every quarterback who comes up here a couple of years to figure out how to play in this league; MBT at least has been through that learning curve. I don't believe there is a fringe NFL QB who could step in and start effectively in the CFL next season, and certainly not one who still has aspirations of playing in the NFL.

It's interesting that you raise Theismann and Barton as examples. Barton did little of note as an Argo QB, and lasted just two years (and that was when the CFL could actually outbid the NFL for talent). Theismann was a third-round draft choice; as you note, there is no way to get such a player nowadays.