Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I also like Collaros, and expect the Argos to sign him, but IMO it's a big stretch to make him the opening-day starter given his many injury woes in recent seasons. Counting on him as "the man" for a full season seems like a risky proposition. I could more easily see him as a very strong backup, and in that scenario I could see MBT as the starter. As for Masoli, it's fun to dream but I think the chances of him signing here are low. I believe Hamilton already has Evans under contract for next season, so has money available to give Masoli another biggish contract and defer the transition for another year. And there is the XFL, Ottawa and probably Winnipeg also on the hunt for QBs.
    Evans is under contract for 2 more years. If he continues to play well and get them to the Grey Cup, win or lose, how do you sign Masoli to a big contract and tell Evans to be #2? Makes sense to commit to Evans who they have brought along over the last few years. With his lower salary it would allow them to spend elsewhere and be a contender again next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Evans is under contract for 2 more years. If he continues to play well and get them to the Grey Cup, win or lose, how do you sign Masoli to a big contract and tell Evans to be #2? Makes sense to commit to Evans who they have brought along over the last few years. With his lower salary it would allow them to spend elsewhere and be a contender again next year.
    Yes, except do you really want to let Masoli drive down the QEW to your arch-rivals? I'd be looking for a way to keep both assets if I were them. (And of course the jury is still out on whether Evans can lead them to the Grey Cup. As stacked as they are, I could see them losing the EF to Vernon Adams et al.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    We've seen what happens when teams hitch themselves to semi-proven QB talent after a short stint of success.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So when is O'Connor going in?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So when is O'Connor going in?
    Chamblin played for the win tonight. Now there's no reason for the 31 year old MBT to play a down in the next two games.