Level

Post Rookie Canadian QB O’Connor poised to take first snap in CFL

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Baptism by fire for O’Connor, looks to have all the skills to be a good pro.
    Hopefully he doesn’t get steamrolled behind this Argo O-Line as you know other teams will be bringing additional pressure.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Many of us have been waiting for this moment. Hope they do everything to protect O'Conner, like using the TE format and try to get the running game going, short passes etc. But I think we all would like to see him hook up with Walker on a few deep balls. I have a hunch he might have the strongest arm of the group.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    O-line played well the last game, for a change. Hopefully that will continue, and both O'Connor and Prukop will get sufficient time to go through their progressions.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    This is a good step towards the future. They say MBT is starting. I’d like to see O’Conner get the 2nd half.
    Then do the same for the next game with Prukop. Then I’d like to see one of them. (preferably O’Conner) get a week of practice and the start for the last game.
    I don’t like spreading one game with three QB’s. They need to be in long enough to get into the speed and flow of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Like because he's a Canadian he needs extra protection, lol. Perhaps he's just a damn good QB, who needed a bit of pro experience.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Like because he's a Canadian he needs extra protection, lol. Perhaps he's just a damn good QB, who needed a bit of pro experience.
    Other than yourself who said he needs extra protection because he’s Canadian?
    Fact is he is a very promising young QB who will be playing behind a mediocre O-Line against teams that will bring additional pressure knowing this.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Fact is he is a young QB who will be playing behind a mediocre O-Line against teams that will bring additional pressure knowing this.
    The fact also is he is a rookie qb without a reliable run game to lean on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    This is a good step towards the future. They say MBT is starting. I’d like to see O’Conner get the 2nd half.
    Then do the same for the next game with Prukop. Then I’d like to see one of them. (preferably O’Conner) get a week of practice and the start for the last game.
    I don’t like spreading one game with three QB’s. They need to be in long enough to get into the speed and flow of the game.
    I'd like to see Prukop or even better O'Connor start. The season is over, and although I don't think MBT is that bad, he has no future in Argo land as a starter. Better try your unknowns. What? Are the Argos afraid of having a bad season...lol...Already done.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The fact also is he is a rookie qb without a reliable run game to lean on.
    Good point as well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    I'd like to see Prukop or even better O'Connor start. The season is over, and although I don't think MBT is that bad, he has no future in Argo land as a starter. Better try your unknowns. What? Are the Argos afraid of having a bad season...lol...Already done.
    Very much agree, lets look to the future
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Until a better starter is found (and I've yet to hear where one will be found, apart from the possibility of signing Masoli), I would caution against assuming the starter we have will be discarded before next season. MBT obviously has some strikes against him, including lack of support from many (but obviously not all) fans and the fact the team has not won a lot of games with him (or anyone else) at the helm. But better QBs don't exactly grow on trees.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I’m on this wave too. Let’s see what we’ve got, before what I think, could be a very exciting off-season for the Argos.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Fact is he is a very promising young QB who will be playing behind a mediocre O-Line against teams that will bring additional pressure knowing this.
    They have been bringing pressure all season. One reason MBT excels, is he gets the ball out quick and capitalizes on that coverage. Time for O’Conner to do the same, or show us if he can. Ottawa and Montreal’s defences are as bad as ours, and Hamilton will be resting starters. There’s no better time and I’m glad the Argos recognize this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Until a better starter is found (and I've yet to hear where one will be found, apart from the possibility of signing Masoli), I would caution against assuming the starter we have will be discarded before next season. MBT obviously has some strikes against him, including lack of support from many (but obviously not all) fans and the fact the team has not won a lot of games with him (or anyone else) at the helm. But better QBs don't exactly grow on trees.
    There’s also the guy we loaned to Winnipeg, who almost certainly will be available if the Argos want him for 2020. If he gets to play as a Bomber and looks like he’s still got game, it’s a slam dunk he will be back. Even if he doesn’t play this year, I got the sense that Pinball really likes him and wants to give him a chance.

If it was up to me I’d rather have Masoli, but Collaros would be a good plan B. Either way there is absolutely zero chance MBT is the opening day starter next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There’s also the guy we loaned to Winnipeg, who almost certainly will be available if the Argos want him for 2020. If he gets to play as a Bomber and looks like he’s still got game, it’s a slam dunk he will be back. Even if he doesn’t play this year, I got the sense that Pinball really likes him and wants to give him a chance.

If it was up to me I’d rather have Masoli, but Collaros would be a good plan B. Either way there is absolutely zero chance MBT is the opening day starter next year.
    I also like Collaros, and expect the Argos to sign him, but IMO it's a big stretch to make him the opening-day starter given his many injury woes in recent seasons. Counting on him as "the man" for a full season seems like a risky proposition. I could more easily see him as a very strong backup, and in that scenario I could see MBT as the starter. As for Masoli, it's fun to dream but I think the chances of him signing here are low. I believe Hamilton already has Evans under contract for next season, so has money available to give Masoli another biggish contract and defer the transition for another year. And there is the XFL, Ottawa and probably Winnipeg also on the hunt for QBs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I also like Collaros, and expect the Argos to sign him, but IMO it's a big stretch to make him the opening-day starter given his many injury woes in recent seasons. Counting on him as "the man" for a full season seems like a risky proposition. I could more easily see him as a very strong backup, and in that scenario I could see MBT as the starter. As for Masoli, it's fun to dream but I think the chances of him signing here are low. I believe Hamilton already has Evans under contract for next season, so has money available to give Masoli another biggish contract and defer the transition for another year. And there is the XFL, Ottawa and probably Winnipeg also on the hunt for QBs.
    If Mike O'Shea becomes Argos HC next season, which could very well happen, could Matt Nichols follow him?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    If Mike O'Shea becomes Argos HC next season, which could very well happen, could Matt Nichols follow him?
    Good lord, that is a scary proposition.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Good lord, that is a scary proposition.
    Not a fan of Nichols? I guess all I am saying is if O'Shea is a Nichols booster, it could happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anything is possible at this point, personally not a big Nichols fan.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Evans is under contract for 2 more years. If he continues to play well and get them to the Grey Cup, win or lose, how do you sign Masoli to a big contract and tell Evans to be #2? Makes sense to commit to Evans who they have brought along over the last few years. With his lower salary it would allow them to spend elsewhere and be a contender again next year.