Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Al&Kat View Post
    as we lose for the 13th time, I am watching various Alouettes going down with injuries. For What?
    Message here for Ticats fans, you have 3 pointless games to come, the last thing you want is to lose a Speedy B or
    Evans or...you get my drift.
    Good point about no QB change, but also some kudos once again to MBT for another 300 yard effort and
    (dare I say it?) NO PICKS...tough to do with nearly no running game and a weak front five.
    TD for Worthy...well deserved, he has made a serious impression in place of Walker.
    MBT is what he is....servicable. Over 300 yards and 2 TDs. VA under 300 yards and 3 TDs and the win. Enough said.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Add a kicker to the list of needs for next season.
    Agreed, add a punter to that list.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Absolutely, in addition to all new QB's, we also need a FG kicker.
    Crapigna is crap, in pro ball if you cannot at least hit a 50 yard in the air through the posts or even wide as this was a good 5 yards short.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Which also reminds me, why weren't the back up QB's in the game for the entire second half.
    We know how MBT should not be back next year, I want to see the Canadian kid Michael O'Connor.
    Another reason why Chamblis is a horrid HC and definitely is/should be gone.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Which also reminds me, why weren't the back up QB's in the game for the entire second half.
    We know how MBT should not be back next year, I want to see the Canadian kid Michael O'Connor.
    Another reason why Chamblis is a horrid HC and definitely is/should be gone.
    If anything, MBT just proved why he should be back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If anything, MBT just proved why he should be back.
    MBT back for next year is up for debate and contract negotiations. More importantly for the future, they need to see what they have with O'Conner and Prukop.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    We do, do we?

Hey, I also want to see O'Connor (and Prukop) get some playing time in the next two games. But MBT absolutely should be re-signed and should come to camp in no worse a position than an open competition for the No. 1 QB job. He has done and continues to do everything a starting QB needs to do, and keeps growing more and more into the role. Other than the Edmonton road game, not one of our losses this year can be hung on him.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    MBT is what he is....servicable. Over 300 yards and 2 TDs. VA under 300 yards and 3 TDs and the win. Enough said.
    Umm, not nearly enough said. If you're basing your opinion about MBT on the team's failure to win (or your opinion on VA on his team's record, for that matter), you are ignoring a few key elements: bad recruiting, bad and at-times terrible coaching, bad and at-times atrocious offensive line play, dropped passes, no running game … oh, and then there's the defence. Oh yeah, and the special teams. But sure, let's judge MBT on his won-lost record and not on what he does on the field with the ball in his hands.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Umm, not nearly enough said. If you're basing your opinion about MBT on the team's failure to win (or your opinion on VA on his team's record, for that matter), you are ignoring a few key elements: bad recruiting, bad and at-times terrible coaching, bad and at-times atrocious offensive line play, dropped passes, no running game … oh, and then there's the defence. Oh yeah, and the special teams. But sure, let's judge MBT on his won-lost record and not on what he does on the field with the ball in his hands.
    It's frustration! I'm not against MBT. But for the points you make, why keep him in? Why not give one of the other QB's a shot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It's frustration! I'm not against MBT. But for the points you make, why keep him in? Why not give one of the other QB's a shot.
    I agree with that. P and O each need to play at least a half in the next two weeks, and get first-team reps in practice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Rightfully this team isn't tanking by throwing kids into the fray just to appease some fans. (Of course if those kids get killed like P did the time he played then same fans will complain about that)

Sadly for many fans I see a team that isn't quitting. Far more competitive than early in the season. Never gave up and tried to win. I also see a team that will have the same coach next season that will be given more tools to use. And MBT was doing the sneaks for a reason.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    We do, do we?

Hey, I also want to see O'Connor (and Prukop) get some playing time in the next two games. But MBT absolutely should be re-signed and should come to camp in no worse a position than an open competition for the No. 1 QB job. He has done and continues to do everything a starting QB needs to do, and keeps growing more and more into the role. Other than the Edmonton road game, not one of our losses this year can be hung on him.

Not for me, MBT is inconsistent at best.
    Not first string material, maybe for another team he could be a second string at best.
    Way too many pics with bad reads throwing into double and triple coverages.
    Putting up some decent yards passing did not equate into wins.
    Mostly during garbage time and involving the underneath stuff the D was giving him since the team was virtually out of most games during the second half.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    We need a full court press at year end to sign Masoli as a FA.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's an odd comparison. MBT ran for one which arguably should have been ruled a TD pass the previous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agreed, add a punter to that list.
    He was actually having a really good game until his last two punts. On the FG, I wonder if Crapigna overcompensated on his trajectory because of the block at the end of the half. And it's not like he's had a poor year, but he does need to work on his leg strength.

Amazing what a difference it makes when you put in a speedy receiver and use him. As the game went on, the Als had to account for Worthy more and more.

I get the idea was to catch them by surprise, but I didn't like calling a run on the first play of the last drive. We needed yards and there were precious few seconds left on the clock.

With the Als playing almost all their best players, looking for a bounce-back from last week and wanting to put on a show for the home fans, I had no problem with MBT playing the whole game. As the best QB on our roster by far right now, he deserved it.

I'd like to see O'Connor play in the next two games and get the start in one of them -- Ottawa is probably the better choice. Prukop has gotten worse in his three camps (frankly, he was hot garbage this year), so I see little value playing him other than maybe being an emergency QB if the league goes to two QBs next year because Prukop can play special teams. If the league rethinks that rule and keeps it at three, I wouldn't re-sign Prukop.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    This, to me, was classic MBT - he did enough to not win the game. When there was about 6 minutes left in the game the Argos were down 3. He got them close to field goal range, but not close enough. Then when they were down 10 late in the game it just seemed to me that there was no sense of urgency in getting plays off more quickly. Yes, the touchdown is the first priority, and he did that, but they needed more time too.

To me it was just like the other Montreal game - he got them painstakingly close, but missed the wide open receiver for the easy winning touchdown. Close, but not quite..... if only we could play Ottawa every week.....

I will admit that he's better than my dislike for him (I don't hate him - used to, but I respect his effort, the pounding he has taken, and the improvement). And he has improved a lot over the year. My only question is would the other quarterbacks on the roster have shown as much improvement and/or promise for next year if they had as many opportunities as MBT has had?

And yes - wins and losses should not be placed solely on him, but he is the starting point. There is far too much that needs to be fixed on this team.

But then I always go back to my earlier point - if Prukop had 20 starts over the last 2 seasons how good would he be?? If he had 10? If he had 5??? ..... MBT has had a long shelf life.... and if the other QB's had a 1/2 the chances he has had how good would they be? Would the Argos have been a win or two better (not that one or two more victories is anything other than fools' gold)?

And for the life of me......not getting the other 2 QB's any sniff of action today is a criminal offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not for me, MBT is inconsistent at best.
    Not first string material, maybe for another team he could be a second string at best.
    Way too many pics with bad reads throwing into double and triple coverages.
    Putting up some decent yards passing did not equate into wins.
    Mostly during garbage time and involving the underneath stuff the D was giving him since the team was virtually out of most games during the second half.

Some of MBT`s throws tonight were brutally bad and inaccurate; if that had been O`Connor in the game with some horrid throws like that it would have been ample GOB evidence to write this guy off as a CFL QB forever = see, not good enough.

I have no problem with MBT being brought back next season to compete in the Argo QB mix; he`s a decent pocket passer QB at times who makes some nice throws and he might be progressing some with all this CFL experience; the new Argo offensive thinkers (hopefully) might design an offence that really suits him and maybe he continues to progress. He will continue to get CFL looks - with the Argos or another team - simply because of his passport and his resume (NFL camp experience + built up CFL experience with plenty of playing time). Agreed though - he is not even close to CFL 1st string material for a team that will go anywhere; but he will get further shots and maybe prove doubters wrong.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    I only saw the second half, so bear that in mind when reviewing the following comments:

This loss falls entirely on Pfeffer and the DBs in the 4th quarter. Punter chokes under pressure and gives up excellent field position leading to two fourth quarter touchdown drives for the opposition. Even with the bad field position, a good defense would have been able to put up some kind of a fight. I've never seen such an ineffective secondary once an RB/big receiver gets into the second level. Our runt DBs are getting manhandled and blocked by larger receivers. I cant think of a single aspect of the game that our secondary unit does well. They were especially garbage in the 4th. I dont blame Chamblin for that, I blame Popp.

Those of you who marked this as a game AGAINST Macbeth need to give their heads a shake. He had a great second half (didnt see the first). He engineered two scores in the third and the lame defense handed them right back in the 4th. It was a miracle that Macbeth and the offense made it as close as it was, after that.

I agree that we should pursue Masoli or Collaros (preferably Masoli), but why the hell wouldnt you want Macbeth in the mix for 1 or 2? You want Collaros to go down with a concussion, or Masoli to be different from after his surgery, and have nothing but a rookie American or Michael O'Conner to fall back on? If so, you're nuts.

I also dont get the whole "well, hes 31 years old, so let's get rid of him". Healthy QBs can play until they're 38 years old. He hasn't plateaued either, hes much better this year than last year, even with a lousy Oline.

Replace Pfeffer, replace the secondary, upgrade to O-line, and bring in Collaros or Masoli (give them the same contract as Macbeth, low base with lots of incentives).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    … bring in Collaros or Masoli (give them the same contract as Macbeth, low base with lots of incentives).
    We will not be able to sign Masoli for a low base with lots of incentives. Why would he accept that, given that there will be at least one other team (and possibly two or three) competing for his services?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    This, to me, was classic MBT - he did enough to not win the game.
    In contrast to all the other Argo players and coaches who did enough to win the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Some of MBT`s throws tonight were brutally bad and inaccurate; if that had been O`Connor in the game with some horrid throws like that it would have been ample GOB evidence to write this guy off as a CFL QB forever = see, not good enough.
    I suspect you actually hope that happens so you can be one the one saying, "See, I told you so."