Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    as we lose for the 13th time, I am watching various Alouettes going down with injuries. For What?
    Message here for Ticats fans, you have 3 pointless games to come, the last thing you want is to lose a Speedy B or
    Evans or...you get my drift.
    Good point about no QB change, but also some kudos once again to MBT for another 300 yard effort and
    (dare I say it?) NO PICKS...tough to do with nearly no running game and a weak front five.
    TD for Worthy...well deserved, he has made a serious impression in place of Walker.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Al&Kat View Post
    as we lose for the 13th time, I am watching various Alouettes going down with injuries. For What?
    Message here for Ticats fans, you have 3 pointless games to come, the last thing you want is to lose a Speedy B or
    Evans or...you get my drift.
    Good point about no QB change, but also some kudos once again to MBT for another 300 yard effort and
    (dare I say it?) NO PICKS...tough to do with nearly no running game and a weak front five.
    TD for Worthy...well deserved, he has made a serious impression in place of Walker.
    MBT is what he is....servicable. Over 300 yards and 2 TDs. VA under 300 yards and 3 TDs and the win. Enough said.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    MBT is what he is....servicable. Over 300 yards and 2 TDs. VA under 300 yards and 3 TDs and the win. Enough said.
    Umm, not nearly enough said. If you're basing your opinion about MBT on the team's failure to win (or your opinion on VA on his team's record, for that matter), you are ignoring a few key elements: bad recruiting, bad and at-times terrible coaching, bad and at-times atrocious offensive line play, dropped passes, no running game … oh, and then there's the defence. Oh yeah, and the special teams. But sure, let's judge MBT on his won-lost record and not on what he does on the field with the ball in his hands.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Umm, not nearly enough said. If you're basing your opinion about MBT on the team's failure to win (or your opinion on VA on his team's record, for that matter), you are ignoring a few key elements: bad recruiting, bad and at-times terrible coaching, bad and at-times atrocious offensive line play, dropped passes, no running game … oh, and then there's the defence. Oh yeah, and the special teams. But sure, let's judge MBT on his won-lost record and not on what he does on the field with the ball in his hands.
    It's frustration! I'm not against MBT. But for the points you make, why keep him in? Why not give one of the other QB's a shot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's frustration! I'm not against MBT. But for the points you make, why keep him in? Why not give one of the other QB's a shot.
    I agree with that. P and O each need to play at least a half in the next two weeks, and get first-team reps in practice.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's an odd comparison. MBT ran for one which arguably should have been ruled a TD pass the previous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Agreed, add a punter to that list.
    He was actually having a really good game until his last two punts. On the FG, I wonder if Crapigna overcompensated on his trajectory because of the block at the end of the half. And it's not like he's had a poor year, but he does need to work on his leg strength.

Amazing what a difference it makes when you put in a speedy receiver and use him. As the game went on, the Als had to account for Worthy more and more.

I get the idea was to catch them by surprise, but I didn't like calling a run on the first play of the last drive. We needed yards and there were precious few seconds left on the clock.

With the Als playing almost all their best players, looking for a bounce-back from last week and wanting to put on a show for the home fans, I had no problem with MBT playing the whole game. As the best QB on our roster by far right now, he deserved it.

I'd like to see O'Connor play in the next two games and get the start in one of them -- Ottawa is probably the better choice. Prukop has gotten worse in his three camps (frankly, he was hot garbage this year), so I see little value playing him other than maybe being an emergency QB if the league goes to two QBs next year because Prukop can play special teams. If the league rethinks that rule and keeps it at three, I wouldn't re-sign Prukop.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    That's an odd comparison. MBT ran for one which arguably should have been ruled a TD pass the previous play.

He was actually having a really good game until his last two punts. On the FG, I wonder if Crapigna overcompensated on his trajectory because of the block at the end of the half. And it's not like he's had a poor year, but he does need to work on his leg strength.

Amazing what a difference it makes when you put in a speedy receiver and use him. As the game went on, the Als had to account for Worthy more and more.

I get the idea was to catch them by surprise, but I didn't like calling a run on the first play of the last drive. We needed yards and there were precious few seconds left on the clock.

With the Als playing almost all their best players, looking for a bounce-back from last week and wanting to put on a show for the home fans, I had no problem with MBT playing the whole game. As the best QB on our roster by far right now, he deserved it.

I'd like to see O'Connor play in the next two games and get the start in one of them -- Ottawa is probably the better choice. Prukop has gotten worse in his three camps (frankly, he was hot garbage this year), so I see little value playing him other than maybe being an emergency QB if the league goes to two QBs next year because Prukop can play special teams. If the league rethinks that rule and keeps it at three, I wouldn't re-sign Prukop.
    I agree with most of what you have said, regarding FG’s you are putting your team at a huge disadvantage with a kicker who has little to no chance at making long field goals.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Looking at the positives. Exciting finish! The CFL is great in the last 3 minutes. The only thing that is superior over the NFL at the moment. Chamblin hasn’t been a total goof the last two games, so that’s good. Worthy, what a surprise!

That was a tough loss watching a kicker not having the leg for a 50 in no wind. I appreciate his accuracy, but that leg isn’t pro material.

We seem stuck in a time loop. Every week MBT shows us a gutsy effort and why he’s a great backup for any team. Some games are great against bad teams like tonight, some average or worse against good teams. A great QB could have destroyed Montreal last night. One play that stuck out to me, was the wide open duck to Smith. He was rushed, but throw that with any accuracy and it’s a TD. He’s a journeyman, the Ryan Fitzpatrick of the CFL. There’s no hate for MBT. If there’s no better options and he’s the Starter next year, so be it. Doesn’t mean us fans can’t want more.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Looking at the positives. Exciting finish! The CFL is great in the last 3 minutes. The only thing that is superior over the NFL at the moment. Chamblin hasn’t been a total goof the last two games, so that’s good. Worthy, what a surprise!

That was a tough loss watching a kicker not having the leg for a 50 in no wind. I appreciate his accuracy, but that leg isn’t pro material.

We seem stuck in a time loop. Every week MBT shows us a gutsy effort and why he’s a great backup for any team. Some games are great against bad teams like tonight, some average or worse against good teams. A great QB could have destroyed Montreal last night. One play that stuck out to me, was the wide open duck to Smith. He was rushed, but throw that with any accuracy and it’s a TD. He’s a journeyman, the Ryan Fitzpatrick of the CFL. There’s no hate for MBT. If there’s no better options and he’s the Starter next year, so be it. Doesn’t mean us fans can’t want more.
    punt returns better and much more fun to watch, kickoff returns better, razzledazzle better then the NFL. Ability to come from behind and for anyone to win is much better then the NFL.

Also MBT, how much better would he be if the team was much better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    W
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post

I would not classify Montreal as a bad team, but Grey Cup contender. I had a feeling MBT would be criticized on that throw to Smith. I thought he did a good job getting it down field at all. Two great 4th quarter drives after a dominate 3rd quarter performance and yet he still has more detractors than fans. Someone mentioned he was unable to guide the team in FG range at the end. I disagree. A 51 yard FG in this day and age is makeable, even with a dropped pass on the drive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    W

I would not classify Montreal as a bad team, but Grey Cup contender. I had a feeling MBT would be criticized on that throw to Smith. I thought he did a good job getting it down field at all. Two great 4th quarter drives after a dominate 3rd quarter performance and yet he still has more detractors than fans. Someone mentioned he was unable to guide the team in FG range at the end. I disagree. A 51 yard FG in this day and age is makeable, even with a dropped pass on the drive.
    He did an amazing job getting that throw off to Rodney Smith as the Montreal defender was right on him as he released the ball, people see what they want to see I guess.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions