This, to me, was classic MBT - he did enough to not win the game. When there was about 6 minutes left in the game the Argos were down 3. He got them close to field goal range, but not close enough. Then when they were down 10 late in the game it just seemed to me that there was no sense of urgency in getting plays off more quickly. Yes, the touchdown is the first priority, and he did that, but they needed more time too.

To me it was just like the other Montreal game - he got them painstakingly close, but missed the wide open receiver for the easy winning touchdown. Close, but not quite..... if only we could play Ottawa every week.....

I will admit that he's better than my dislike for him (I don't hate him - used to, but I respect his effort, the pounding he has taken, and the improvement). And he has improved a lot over the year. My only question is would the other quarterbacks on the roster have shown as much improvement and/or promise for next year if they had as many opportunities as MBT has had?

And yes - wins and losses should not be placed solely on him, but he is the starting point. There is far too much that needs to be fixed on this team.

But then I always go back to my earlier point - if Prukop had 20 starts over the last 2 seasons how good would he be?? If he had 10? If he had 5??? ..... MBT has had a long shelf life.... and if the other QB's had a 1/2 the chances he has had how good would they be? Would the Argos have been a win or two better (not that one or two more victories is anything other than fools' gold)?

And for the life of me......not getting the other 2 QB's any sniff of action today is a criminal offence.